• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Rosetta1: Fi vs Tertiary Fe

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me and ENTJ bff Athena:

Me: That guy needed killin'.
Athena: He did. A lot of it.
Me: He hurt people.
Athena: He smelled bad.

LOL

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes and also from the Fe (or perhaps J) point of view, my first assumption when people tell me they're feeling bad is that they want me to help fix it... or at least that's the expectation Fe hears behind the words. Now the big question is what exactly can I do? I can hear you out sure, but that in my mind doesn't solve anything. Perhaps it's the directness of J wanting to cut through it all to fix something. Instead INFPs tend to just talk and talk with the expectation and doesn't seem to "do anything". Rather frustrating on my part. So after awhile I tend to just get out of these conversations as quickly as possible. Not because I don't want to help, but I couldn't see how I could help.

I get how it would seem that way to Fe, but the fact that you're willing to be our sounding board, means you *are* doing something. You're allowing us to sort out our head which in fact is the solution. You'll ask questions we haven't thought of because we're too closely involved, and notice details we've missed. And it's much appreciated. Once our heads are sorted out, we can come up with solutions quite easily ourselves :)