• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Why are there so many INFPs here...

rooo

MBTI Type
isfp
when they're supposed to be one of the rarest of all types?

And why so many N's? Is it because a lot of Sensors can't be bothered with typology and probably have something to actually do? :p

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How many ES types do you expect to spend a good portion of their time on the internet? Rarity among the population does not always translate into rarity in an interest. Certain things end up attracting certain types different from general population proportions.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The new computer kids age is breaking the heavy N online population. It's going to become just as crowded online as it is in real life. (look at facebook) Hopefully it won't become as hard to find unique people online as in real life, but it may become the same way. It used to be a lot easier to find people that didn't fit the mold. (I started online in the late 80's)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it because a lot of Sensors can't be bothered with typology and probably have something to actually do? :p

:yes:

Intuitives tend to be more interested in theories. Many sensors find theories dull, and would rather be participating in hands-on, physical activities or discussing more "practical" topics. I notice that the internet seems to be dominated by introverts and intuitives, but then it could just be the sites I frequent...

INFPs aren't supposed to be the rarest anyway. INFJs usually win that title :rolli: :D. The percentages of population for each type are all over the place. I've seen INFPs listed anywhere from 1% to 4% of the population. In any case, we're not as common as extroverted sensors.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's funny - I have at least three close friends (all IRL) who have also tested INFJ (two of them really fit the mold - the other one I'm not quite as sure) and I have a couple of other less close friends who apparently tested INFJ too. But I'm not aware of anyone I know IRL who has tested INFP. Not yet, anyway.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Common types have common interests and when they're uncommon, they can be found congregating in uncommonly large numbers...

I swear that's not meant to be that confusing. :(

S

Sniffles

She said one of the rarest, of which INFPs are thought to be.

Still doesn't matter. There's been a host of threads and posts of people complaining of there being too many INFJs here. So is still mistaken rooo.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still doesn't matter. There's been a host of threads and posts of people complaining of there being too many INFJs here. So is still mistaken rooo.

Well, this one wasn't about INFJs. But yes, this kind of question gets asked a lot -- why there so many [intuitives] here, if they're so rare. The answer is obvious; it's a typology forum. On the internet. What type would be expected to be here in large numbers? ESTJs?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why's it matter?

INFPs are awesome!!

:cry:....:hug: Woot
Back at ya Unique on the awesomeness.
I didn't know you were such a fan of us INFPs *is honored*
istp - infp hug. :hug:

I'm here as an INFP *for sure* cause unfortunately none of my friends or family love this kind of stuff.*
Like theory stuff and the non hands on stuff.

Love the metaphysical that engages my Ne I need it exercised or i'll be a sad and restless INFP bugging everyone by trying to recruit them into my Ne ness *usually at fail*.

Need to discuss these wonderful things with others and hear i can and vice versa :D.
So this is my saving grace and anyones close to me :devil:.
I would imagine other INFP's get me right? :hug:

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
cause we all hide in our houses on the computers browsing typology central

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure that the INFPs here have a knack for wanting to understand themselves, sot hat would explain it. INFPs in general probably want to understand themselves. Personality typing/psychology is an easy way of doing that.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
if it means anything this is the first and only forum ive ever read, joined and contributed to.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
One or two percent of six billion is a lot. Yes, there are certainly a higher proportion of N's on here compared to S's. Especially INxx's.