• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs and Catlovin

INFPs, how do you feel about cats?

• Total voters

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll admit, it's been an ongoing source of irritation to me since I joined these forums that INFPs seem, almost to a man (woman etc), to both think cats are awesome and to strongly identify with them. Those INFPs among you with cat-related names, avatars etc (and there are so very many) this isn't (much of) an attack on you. I partly want to identify through the poll whether this fixation is as prevalent as it seems, and possibly through the thread find out why INFPs lavish such undeserved love and adoration on the Felis Cattus.

My theory: INFPs are attracted to cats in much the same way women are attracted to assholes. Also, there is the INFP fascination with the sullied, the profane, the cruel, the evil.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've identified with cats since the age of eight or nine. I don't dislike dogs, but cats are a huge part of my life.

Cats are soft, clean, quiet, and can be very companionable. They aren't as loud, messy, and stinky as dogs, and they're much more self-sufficient. I don't have to get up at six am to walk my cats.

I think cats are beautiful, I don't know why people associate them with evil, and I think that people who hurt or abuse cats are mentally disturbed pieces of shit who should be burned alive.

Ah...anyway. Got carried away there.

I love kitties!!!! YAY!!!!! ;)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
cats aren't my favorite animal, but i don't hate them. I had 2 cats for a very long time, and i hated changing litter boxes, and therefore i would never get another cat.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Oh man you beat me to it!

The other animals that were said are only using their powers for food. Looks at cats, they're sly and I don't thin other animals knead you awake or sit on your face. They seem to do it on purpose.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But dogs do things like shit on your bed to punish you.

I sense an anti-cat bias here. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Man, what have you been doing to your dogs? Never done that to me before. Never even heard of it. :huh:

I don't have dogs, but I know at least two people who have had this happen. And surely you've heard of dogs chewing up shoes or shredding papers or destroying the apartment because they're mad at their owner?

What, from two posters? Have you ever seen a cat with a live mouse?

A mouse is a cat's natural prey. Any predatory, canivorous animal could behave in this manner with its prey. Including a dog with a rabbit.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't have dogs, but I know at least two people who have had this happen. And surely you've heard of dogs chewing up shoes or shredding papers or destroying the apartment because they're mad at their owner?

Well, no different from a kid. Sort of.

A mouse is a cat's natural prey. Any predatory, canivorous animal could behave in this manner with its prey. Including a dog with a rabbit.

No, most predatory, carnivorous animals kill their prey as quick as they can. They don't spend hours torturing it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love cats, though I'm not an INFP.

The sadism is part of their appeal, don't trust me. ;)

I used to squirt my cat every time he licked himself... and the cat would in turn find ways to annoy me.

Sigh. I miss playing sadistic games with my cat. :cry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks like I'm a prime offender here... LOL

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFP, don't care for cats [but I don't hate them], voted for I dislike them. I'm a dog person

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP, don't care for cats [but I don't hate them], voted for I dislike them. I'm a dog person

I realized after I made the poll that my feelings towards cats are too ambivalent for the options I provided. I quite like some things about them but hate others.