• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs: Do you cleanly fit in your MBTI type?

Do you fit cleanly in your MBTI type?

• yes-INFP

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • yes-ENFP

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • yes-INFJ

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • yes-ENFJ

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • no-between different NF types

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • no-between other types

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

sculpting

Hi all,

I will add a poll in just a sec.

What I would like to understand is the percentage of folks who feel they very cleanly fit into a specific MBTI type and the percentage of folks who feel they border on mutliple types.

I will post this same type of thread in each section.

Thanks!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I cross between INFP and ENFP, so no. I don't cleanly fit in.

It seems as though my Fi and Ne are tied.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I am a well expressed INFP and have learned a lot of coping skills.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. I'm part INTJ, part INFP. ;) I relate to things from both profiles. But I am an expressed INFP, so INFP it is.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I put yes, but only because I don't take the system so literally that I expect a perfect match.

My Ni scores only slightly lower than Ne, which can cause me to have an INFJ flavor to some of my communications. Combine that with a Te that I lean on a bit too much, and I can occasionally come across as INTJish in real life.

However, I always end up reverting back to a state of a glorious, beautiful, and modest INFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I put yes, but only because I don't take the system so literally that I expect a perfect match.

This is how I feel also.

I think the point of MBTI is to find the profile you relate to most and the function order closest to your own, to help understand yourself and others and grow from that understanding. Nothing is a perfect match, as the type profiles are basically stereotypes.

I can test INTP or INFJ, and I score pretty high with Ti and Ni on cognitive function tests. However, INFP as a whole suits me best, and I score Fi Ne as the highest consistently.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Pretty typical INFP here. Though I can pass quite well for an INTP if someone isn't looking to scrutinizingly [sp]. Its my understanding that that holds for many INFP's though.

P

Phantonym

Nope. I can be all over the place, depending on my fickle moods. I can't seem to shed my I, though. Well, haven't even tried it. But I refuse to be pigeonholed anyway, so no worries :)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted yes. Obviously not a perfect match, but I'm not between any other types.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Same. I identify with parts of ENTP and INTP descriptions though. Even INFP at times. But mostly ENTP.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
While I maintain that I am an NF, I rely heavily on my Te and have a relatively strong grasp of Ti. I sometimes feel that if all of my functions were tiny people in my head Fi and Ti are always arguing and while I find myself agreeing with Fi, Ti often yells louder.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
While I maintain that I am an NF, I rely heavily on my Te and have a relatively strong grasp of Ti. I sometimes feel that if all of my functions were tiny people in my head Fi and Ti are always arguing and while I find myself agreeing with Fi, Ti often yells louder.

Did I write this? I could have. :smile:

I'll add though that lately Ne's voice is the loudest in my head. I'm working on rediscovering Fi and developing my Ti for better control. Being so impulse driven makes for an exciting but ultimately rather unsatisfying existence.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I guess I feel like I walk in the E / I divide. But I am an INFP.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
....... I don't take the system so literally that I expect a perfect match.

Yeah, I view it similarly too. I think there will be those who truly are more distinct, and do fit more of the epitome of a certain type, but there are probably a lot more who fit somewhere in between two or more.

I tested as and related with the INTJ profile in my early 20's. Maybe 4 yrs ago I started exploring INFJ a lot more. I also think I have elements of IxFP.

But maybe it's most telling that when I read those profiles for mbti-types-as-children, I was pieces of INJ, IFP, and even ISJ.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I relate to the 'typical' INTPs as much as I relate to 'typical' INFJs.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel that I'm like INJs, ISJs, and ENPs in different ways. I'm truly quite a mess. :blush: