• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ & INFJ?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I met a girl yesterday, and for the first time, I think I've found a female INFJ.

I might be interested in a relationship (Dammit, Fe).

Here's how I'm pretty sure she's an INFJ:
1. She's totally introverted. Very shy. I
2. She says she's constantly second guessing herself. N
3. She smiles a lot; a genuine smile. F
4. She's very task-oriented- always planning. J

So, do these relationships work? Do we self-destruct within each other?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2. She says she's constantly second guessing herself. N
How does this equal N?

So, do these relationships work? Do we self-destruct within each other?
It could work. It would be very comfy, but there would be no one to help illuminate your blind spots.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, all the other things point to IxFJ, and she's quite open-minded and acceptable to change, which eliminates Sensing for me. I suppose it's difficult to really know whether somebody is sensing or intuitive (in the case of an introvert at least). Still, the ISFJs I know (particularly my father) are very stubborn, and they freak-the-hell out about small details. I think uncertainty is an intuitive trait as sensing relies on concrete things, it in many ways calls the holder of its trait to be concrete. I might have this completely wrong (I just proved my point without trying).

Lauren Ashley, I think you're right about illuminating each other's blind spots, and it could be a weak point in a relationship.

hommefatal

Well, all the other things point to IxFJ, and she's quite open-minded and acceptable to change, which eliminates Sensing for me. I suppose it's difficult to really know whether somebody is sensing or intuitive (in the case of an introvert at least). Still, the ISFJs I know (particularly my father) are very stubborn, and they freak-the-hell out about small details. I think uncertainty is an intuitive trait as sensing relies on concrete things, it in many ways calls the holder of its trait to be concrete. I might have this completely wrong (I just proved my point without trying).

Lauren Ashley, I think you're right about illuminating each other's blind spots, and it could be a weak point in a relationship.
Some of those traits are attributes of perceiving but still, it sounds more like an intuitive.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just make sure you don't bore each other. I was in a relationship with another INFP and exactly that happened. I felt no chemistry, and in consequence there were no feelings. And yeah. That wasn't that great. There were probably other factors at work there too (like how she was so shy that she wouldn't talk too much), but it was kind of annoying being with someone that agreed with all of my viewpoints and who came from the same perspective all of the time. I think it was mostly that she wouldn't talk much, and we didn't have much to talk about though that made it not work.

So yes it could definitely work, go for it.

You've got the wrong idea about sensing. Open minded, acceptable to change, uncertainty are all character traits. If we're talking stereotypes then "acceptable to change" would point toward P, but Js are like that too (they aren't totally immobilized by change, not at all). Also freaking out over little details sounds like something an SJ would do, but not all of them. Sensing people aren't purely concrete lol, just like how intuitives aren't entirely "head in the clouds".

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting.....Interesting...Best of Luck to you ;)

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would think secondguessing comes from her Fe. I bet she feels she does mistakes sometimes and then feel bad about it. It's usually about trying to predict an outcome of an action, so it could be any E function actually.