• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ's: Not Manipulative.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm, though I guess I am pretty good at getting people on board with what I want to do through a mix of stubbornness, doggedness and just generally having a plan.

I thought it was the candy house?

gustafson_-_hansel_and_gretal.JPG

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FIXED.

Attention to detail, INFJ. Tsk, tsk.

...But I thought I was good with detail. I was even thinking of taking up accounting. Thanks for crushing an INFJ's dream :boohoo:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have you ever considered (OUTSIDE YOURSELF) that some of us are dealing with all hell breaking loose at home and don't WANT to debate some nameless faceless persistently critical entity on the internet?! "Obfuscation"? REALLY?! Ever consider you don't get engaged because you aren't being respectful? That you're couching your OWN language to get a reaction? Didn't Fe take your dignity or something? Wow, how logical is THAT statement.

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with lots of stressful stuff at home. I hope things get better for you soon. :)

Face down, ass up. Bitch.

Your butt is gonna look like a distended tube sock when I'm done with you.

It would be really nice if you could find a less crude way to express yourself.:shock:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
INFJs are not guilt trippers. And I thought you were the Master of All Things INFJ. Think of something better :)

Guilt trips as a last resort, but I think your main offensive line is the silent (disapproving) treatment that creeps slowly to the threat of the doorslam.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps because the INFJ doesn't want to control you? Just a guess. At least, I don't want to control people. Personally, I don't really like to manipulate as I don't want to feel responsible for the path another person takes in life. *bleh*
+1. I'm more interested in improving myself, actually. ENFJs are concerned with improving both themselves and others. INFJs are more "self-absorbed."

Hmm, though I guess I am pretty good at getting people on board with what I want to do through a mix of stubbornness, doggedness and just generally having a plan.

:D Yup.

It would be really nice if you could find a less crude way to express yourself.:shock:

Don't worry. You'll get used to him :coffee:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guilt trips as a last resort, but I think your main offensive line is the silent (disapproving) treatment that creeps slowly to the threat of the doorslam.

I don't do that (I think...). I just kind of tell the person "Look, shape up or ship out" if their behavior is really bothering me. But a younger, more timid me would have done that.

I thought it was the candy house?

The expression on the girl's face in that picture is priceless, LOL.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't worry. You'll get used to him :coffee:

Yeah, and since he/she/shim is an INFJ he'll next be able to KNOW what I will say.

It's the thing where they shun you. They form an INFJ circle and each turn around until their backs are to you.

...But I thought I was good with detail. I was even thinking of taking up accounting. Thanks for crushing an INFJ's dream :boohoo:

:jew:

V

violaine

but I think your main offensive line is the silent (disapproving) treatment that creeps slowly to the threat of the doorslam.

Ah yes, this could be true. I definitely restrict access to myself when I'm upset and want to be alone. And I am very stubborn when set on something, as in 'I will do it with or without you'. Though I don't do it with the intent of getting my way. I don't guilt trip though afaik cos I can't stand that myself. It seems weak and cloying in a way to me.

V

violaine

Ooh, I just nailed down ENTP manipulation (for want of a better word) - it's letting someone hang themselves.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't do that (I think...). I just kind of tell the person "Look, shape up or ship out" if their behavior is really bothering me. But a younger, more timid me would have done that.

Ah yes, this could be true. I definitely restrict access to myself when I'm upset and want to be alone. And I am very stubborn when set on something, as in 'I will do it with or without you'. Though I don't do it with the intent of getting my way.

We all have our ways of being "nasty" or "manipulative", whether we realize it or not. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with INFJs, but I was working on a film with one a few months ago and when she didn't approve of my methods, she would say such sharp and criticizing words to everyone around her, instead of just to me. She would just mutter nasty sentences indirectly that were meant for me, but directed at others. When she saw it had no effect on me, she slowly turned silent.

I watched her eyes drift away slowly, day after day. This made my entire crew give up their principles to please her, whether that was her intention or not. They just felt bad. I guess it's their own fault (I sure as hell didn't fall for it), but not everyone thinks the way I do. I did not budge, and forced my crew to continue on because my ultimate goal was not her happiness, but the collective project and the morale of my entire crew - not just her. Her silent disapproval was a shadow over the rest of the project and everyone felt it. It was horrible. She still won't speak to me to this day, and I haven't even noticed or cared. I don't like this sort of behavior as much as she didn't like mine.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
He doesn't know me well, and he's acting that way.

You are being quite unladylike. A lady would have the decorum not to be a scolding harridan with someone she doesn't know.

(Also, if you were truly offended by my wry commentary, you could have communicated with me in a less public manner, if that was your goal. Not that it matters to me. Just pointing out your inconsistencies.)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ooh, I just nailed down ENTP manipulation (for want of a better word) - it's letting someone hang themselves.

That's exactly right. I just keep asking basic questions that to you might seem unrelated, but the more you talk, the more your contradictions appear on their own. I don't enjoy watching someone choke on their own words, but often people "need to be lead" to the truth. If I just come right out and say that you are being a hypocrite, I am looking forward to an hour of your defensiveness. But you can't be defensive against yourself. Good observation.