• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Is my sister an ENFJ?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My little sister, Grace (9) has long since been an ENTJ...or so I thought!

Here's the run down. She's my half sister, and after her mother and my father split up a year ago, she's gone from living in one family to going between our house and her mother's and it's definitely taking a toll of her, as she's struggling with all of the whip lash from the constant change of environment.

She's really bossy. She's nine. She lives with me, my INFP sister, and my ENFP Dad..and she really is the boss of us when she's here. She's very very outgoing, she hangs out with friends more than I do and doesn't ever seem to need down time. She's clearly an N, I've known it since she was little because she could spend hours by herself playing in an imaginary world with her barbies or polly pockets or whatever and she is always writing little books and stories.

It's the Thinking vs. Feeling issue I have recently been awakened to. She's hardcore, and a bit self centered. She's driven, but easily cries and is easily discouraged. She is highly offended when you criticize her and will usually get angry and then sad. Seems to me that an ENTJ wouldn't let these little things get in the way, but Grace does. She gets really down because of this life she's living. She's been crying a lot these past few months and it's heartbreaking. I really can't add anymore input to add to either side of the pendulum, so I'll leave it open for questions and answers. Thanks!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Maybe she's just stressed out if there's so much going on. Is she always that sensitive? I've also heard that you're only supposed to be able to find out three letters if the person is under 13. My little brother, who's eight, is also extremely sensitive to criticism and reacts much the same way to it. Even if you are just trying to help and correct him, he doesn't seem to like it. I am almost positive he's an F, but only time will tell...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Maybe she's just stressed out if there's so much going on. Is she always that sensitive? I've also heard that you're only supposed to be able to find out three letters if the person is under 13. My little brother, who's eight, is also extremely sensitive to criticism and reacts much the same way to it. Even if you are just trying to help and correct him, he doesn't seem to like it. I suspect he's an F, but only time will tell...

Hmm..good point. I bet she isn't done developing, or maybe I'm glimpsing the first signs of her as an ENFJ because I've always seen her as an ENTJ up until lately. Maybe I'll get some good questions or answers to further my case.

G

Glycerine

Sounds more F to me. Is she more into organizing relationships or situations? The ENTJ is the "evil overlord" and the ENFJ is the "cult leader" ;)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sounds more F to me.

Does it? Can ENFJs be such powerhouses? I mean..my sister isn't cruel or anything, but she's intense and she'll consistently keep fighting for things she wants to have done.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sounds more F to me. Is she more into organizing relationships or situations?

She's 9 so I can't really answer that question. But from what I've seen, she is more into organizing situations. She's usually behind play dates and going out with friends. But on the relationship side, it's hard to tell because she's so young.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think she is too young to tell really, and this stressful situation is not the best time to do an evaluation.

Try to support her as best you can and I send you :hug:.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think she is too young to tell really, and this stressful situation is not the best time to do an evaluation.

Try to support her as best you can and I send you :hug:.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm probably over thinking it.

She does need support, though..it breaks my heart so much how hard it is for her. It really is stressing her personality, she's probably really vulnerable.