• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Freedom of speech and all?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Revels in banishment. Check
Dubious intent. Check
Arrives uninvited. Check.
Spurns the hosts. Check.
Paranoid 1984 reference. Check.

Unripe xNTP?

I don't know, I think the persecution complex thing is more NF style.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I've been banned from the INTP forum and also the INFJ forums. Banned by "the last mohican" "silently honest" and some chick from Haight's INTP place that I forget her name. Since this is Haighties stuff, I have to think I will get banned here as well. What I am getting at is that I have not been able to freely express myself on these forums at all, and I consider that just wrong.

Why is it wrong? Your freedom of speech only gives you a seller's table in the marketplace of ideas. It doesn't include an obligation for anyone to buy.

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Why is it wrong? Your freedom of speech only gives you a seller's table in the marketplace of ideas. It doesn't include an obligation for anyone to buy.

Of course it doesn't, but my point remains intact since I've been banned by these other forums and will likely be banned here as well. There is no seller's table for the banned, or the one's who can't even post links to their own forums without getting them deleted and threatened with banning. AS I said previously this is wrong and impedes on Freedom of personal speech.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this honestly how you are, Mayflow, or are you putting on an act for personal entertainment? If you're truly being yourself, you need help from someone. You're going to continue getting ousted wherever you go if you don't find someone to teach you some basic etiquette. I'm not always the easiest person to get along with, myself--tendencies toward stubborn self-righteousness and all that--but I'm lightyears ahead of you.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course it doesn't, but my point remains intact since I've been banned by these other forums and will likely be banned here as well. There is no seller's table for the banned, or the one's who can't even post links to their own forums without getting them deleted and threatened with banning. AS I said previously this is wrong and impedes on Freedom of personal speech.

One could as easily say that you had a table and your bannings were the equivalent of no one buying - you have a right to speak, but no one has an obligation to listen. Regardless, there is no guarantee of freedom of speech in the private sector. You can say what you wish, but you are subject to the consequences. For instance, asserting that you should be able to say what you wish here without fear of banning is the same as asserting that you should be able to enter Haight's home and say anything you wanted.

Constitutionally guaranteed free speech as outlined in the First Amendment only protects your speech from supression by the government. You won't go to jail for what you say, but you're still subject to the consequences imposed by your fellow citizens, be they banning from an internet forum, social ostracization, or sanctions at your workplace.

So when you say it's "wrong" and "impedes your freedom of speech", that's a personal opinion that may or may not be shared with others here. It's not the law, and the moderators of a forum are not required to give you an audience.

P

Phantonym

Of course it doesn't, but my point remains intact since I've been banned by these other forums and will likely be banned here as well.

Have you ever heard of clean slates? You have a choice on how you portray yourself.
With that mindset, of course you're getting banned if you're setting yourself up for that.

There is no seller's table for the banned, or the one's who can't even post links to their own forums without getting them deleted and threatened with banning. AS I said previously this is wrong and impedes on Freedom of personal speech.

You have the freedom of speech but what use does it have to you when nobody listens? Whining about it doesn't give you any respect. Respect has to be earned. Maybe you should listen before unleashing that freedom of speech of yours?

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Is this honestly how you are, Mayflow, or are you putting on an act for personal entertainment? If you're truly being yourself, you need help from someone. You're going to continue getting ousted wherever you go if you don't find someone to teach you some basic etiquette. I'm not always the easiest person to get along with, myself--tendencies toward stubborn self-righteousness and all that--but I'm lightyears ahead of you.

There are a LOT of more free-minded thinkers in the world, Nunki. There are myriads of places that will not oust me. That is not likely true of this place though. I am just being objective and going by the patterns of actions here.

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Have you ever heard of clean slates? You have a choice on how you portray yourself.
With that mindset, of course you're getting banned if you're setting yourself up for that.

You have the freedom of speech but what use does it have to you when nobody listens? Whining about it doesn't give you any respect. Respect has to be earned. Maybe you should listen before unleashing that freedom of speech of yours?

Trust me. I know what I am doing. If I get banned here, that won't affect my swims to freedoms other shores. I am just plain bent on being free and giving this to everyone who wants it as well. I am pretty sure I can do this.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are a LOT of more free-minded thinkers in the world, Nunki. There are myriads of places that will not oust me. That is not likely true of this place though. I am just being objective and going by the patterns of actions here.
Do you really want to be here, or are you trying to prove yourself? If you're trying to prove yourself, this is as fine a way as any. If you're trying to set in your roots, though, this is the equivalent of weedkiller.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
THREAD MOVED FROM "Feedback."

The only official feedback that is needed from me with regard to this thread is:
a/ We do not allow advertising on this site.
b/ We do not allow duplicate accounts on this site.
c/ Freedom on this site is relative to rules listed on the "FAQ" page.

Beyond that, it's a personal discussion regarding forums and why you get banned from them - I guess one could view it as a philosophical debate as well. Either way, it doesn't belong in Feedback.

Carry on, and good luck.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
... I call it a flight to Awakening to the Realities within, well, and some other cool things too. ;):D

Happy B'day y'all!:wubbie:

Wait, whose birthday is it? o.o

Also, Awakening to the realities within? Sounds kinda scary. :shock:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Anytime I visit this forum, I know my words will likely be moved or deleted, and I know it's likely I will soon get banned, but freedom of speech is important enough to me, and the ability to be myself and allow others to be themselves is important enough too, so I will fight for these wherever I go. And then I will probably get banned and move on and do the same thing until ears that can hear will perk up their listening abilities. I call it a flight to Awakening to the Realities within, well, and some other cool things too. ;):D

Happy B'day y'all!:wubbie:

Has anybody tell you that you think strange thoughts?

Freedom is a funny business. It allows you freedom to restrain yourself. Mistakes are meant to be corrected. If you repeatedly make the same errors, it's no wonder you get the same outcome.

Perhaps think less on the consequences... instead focus on being constructive? A thought.

Happy un-birthday to you too :)

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Wait, whose birthday is it? o.o

Also, Awakening to the realities within? Sounds kinda scary. :shock:

Well, actually my own B'day was yesterday. I am sure it is someone else's today.

Heh, Awakening to the Realities within? Ain't that what it's all about though? :hug: I've been feeling huggy all weekend. :D

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh hey Mayflow. Just thought I'd say... they seem to have turned you into a meme on INFJf. :/

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Well, actually my own B'day was yesterday. I am sure it is someone else's today.

Heh, Awakening to the Realities within? Ain't that what it's all about though? :hug: I've been feeling huggy all weekend. :D

Oh okay, well happy late b-day! :D

Not so sure about the realities within though...I usually get depressed when I venture too far within. It's a scarier place then I'd like to imagine. :cry:

But I'll contribute a hug :hug: yaya! :D

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Has anybody tell you that you think strange thoughts?

Freedom is a funny business. It allows you freedom to restrain yourself. Mistakes are meant to be corrected. If you repeatedly make the same errors, it's no wonder you get the same outcome.

Perhaps think less on the consequences... instead focus on being constructive? A thought.

Happy un-birthday to you too :)

Awwe thanks nightning. I do think a lot of strange thoughts, but that doesn't mean I think it good to just go along with the status quoes < I evidently don't know how to spell that correctly! - you know. I sort of feel better now though. Like I have been fighting here when I really have no reasons to fight. I don't really agree that I have been repeating the same errors though. Just more like I have been going through some learning experiences I think.
Isn't that why we are born?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You and I are on the same boat. I value my individuality highly and would never hurt anybody with it, but I think rules are way too narrow and society is constantly trying to make people what they want. I usually hold back here, but sometimes I stand up for what I believe in, which I need to do more, because it's more healthy and right in my eyes than obeying rules and doing what others want to see me doing.

Don't be afraid of getting in trouble, keep doing what you think, and saying what you think and feel is right and it will create an impact on other people however small.

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
:huh:
Oh hey Mayflow. Just thought I'd say... they seem to have turned you into a meme on INFJf. :/

I suppose they are free to see me in whatever lights they want to, but my freedom of mind is still quite intact and still quite alight. Nobody can take that from me.

@ Haight. I hope we have come to mutual understandings, but how come if I put a link to my own forum in my sig, it's deleted and called advertising when some other people clearly have links in their sigs and that's not advertising? :huh:

Mayflow

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh okay, well happy late b-day! :D

Not so sure about the realities within though...I usually get depressed when I venture too far within. It's a scarier place then I'd like to imagine. :cry:

But I'll contribute a hug :hug: yaya! :D
:D :smile:

We all have our shadow sides Dotty, but I think all you have to do is give them hugs and unconditional love. Yeah, it may be scary at first but when the hugs start it's all much much nicer.

ring the bell

You know, you join a forum where there are known rules. Maybe rules are an annoyance, but you know about them on the front end. Sometimes there just have to be rules in place to keep such a large group of people able to come here and join together in discussion without mass chaos ensuing. If that's a problem, I would suggest looking for a place that doesn't have rules... You can't pop in and say "I'm gonna be who I want to be and I don't care if I get banned cause I expect it "(this is what I'm reading from you) and expect to not get a smirk back in reply.

So yeah, it maybe sucks for you to have been banned elsewhere, but you haven't been banned here. Just keep that in mind.. Obviously, if you are here for the discussion and the debate, having the priviledge to continue on with that might come at the price of censoring yourself. If that's a problem, then I would probably suggest just not even getting into the whole headache to begin with! There really is a difference in standing tall for what you believe in and being a pain who has to throw a tantrum needlessly or put other people down over a difference of opinion.

BTW, I don't think freedom of speech is discouraged on this board. Be who you are and stand up for that. What is a problem is what you do with that opinion.. do you take the stance that you are the only one who is right or do you accept that other people have opinions too? Keeping an open mind can be difficult, but it's worth it when you get to come here and see so many other ways of thinking in this world. It's all your choice, really, and you are the ultimate cause of whatever your future is.

Oh, and I love 1984.. one of my fav books :) You should make a thread on it! I looked for a long time and was able to find a glass paperweight similar to what was described in the book. When I look at it, I think about what it stands for. That book has so much depth to it! I need to reread soon!!