• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Quotes for the INFPeeps ^^D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a forum in the SP section about ISFP quotes. It inspired me to create a INFP quote forum for the INFP :newwink:

I'll start ^^D.

I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel.
Peter Nivio Zarlenga

I believe in the imagination. What I cannot see is infinitely more important than what I can see.
Duane Michals

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
Theodor Geisel

Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity.
L. Frank Baum

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact.
William Shakespeare

They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
Francis Bacon

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
Jack London
*hehe i remember on a forum someone described Ne Si as a Club :D

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.
John F. Kennedy

It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand.
Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)

Content makes poor men rich; discontentment makes rich men poor.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years.
Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
Eddie Cantor (1892 - 1964)

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

True happiness is of a retired nature, and an enemy to pomp and noise; it arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one's self, and in the next from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions.
Joseph Addison (1672 - 1719), The Spectator, March 17, 1911

I've grown to realize the joy that comes from little victories is preferable to the fun that comes from ease and the pursuit of pleasure.
Lawana Blackwell, The Courtship of the Vicar's Daughter, 1998

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
:yes: hells yes indeed.

Depend not on another, but lean instead on thyself...True happiness is born of self-reliance.
The laws of Manu

Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
William James (1842 - 1910)

I've arrived at this outermost edge of my life by my own actions. Where I am is thoroughly unacceptable. Therefore, I must stop doing what I've been doing.
Alice Koller, An Unknown Woman, 1982

You ask me why I do not write something....I think one's feelings waste themselves in words, they ought all to be distilled into actions and into actions which bring results.
Florence Nightingale (1820 - 1910), in Cecil Woodham-Smith, Florence Nightingale, 1951

We can be sure that the greatest hope for maintaining equilibrium in the face of any situation rests within ourselves.
Francis J. Braceland, O Magazine, April 2003

Whatever is in any way beautiful hath its source of beauty in itself, and is complete in itself; praise forms no part of it. So it is none the worse nor the better for being praised.
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations

The ability to see beauty is the beginning of our moral sensibility. What we believe is beautiful we will not wantonly destroy.
Reverend Sean Parker Dennison, Ministrare, 2-10-05

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
Salma Hayek

Man is what he believes.
Anton Chekhov (1860 - 1904)

I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.
Gerry Spence, 'How to Argue and Win Every Time'

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll (1832 - 1898), Alice in Wonderland
hehe *knee slap earner*

Some things have to be believed to be seen.
Ralph Hodgson, on ESP
:newwink:

People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
Bill Watterson (1958 - ), Calvin and Hobbes
can't help but think of M.J here :cry:.

I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.
Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967), (attributed)

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), Lincoln's Own Stories

Everyone has the obligation to ponder well his own specific traits of character. He must also regulate them adequately and not wonder whether someone else's traits might suit him better. The more definitely his own a man's character is, the better it fits him.
Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962), My Day

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs.
Joan Didion (1934 - ), "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" :yes:

I could never think well of a man's intellectual or moral character, if he was habitually unfaithful to his appointments.
Nathaniel Emmons

Put more trust in nobility of character than in an oath.
Solon (638 BC - 559 BC)

Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado.
Menander (342 BC - 292 BC)

Many would be cowards if they had courage enough.
Thomas Fuller (1608 - 1661)

I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
[info][add][mail]
Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967), Incidentals (1907)

When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, Idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter.
Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946), Afterthoughts (1931) "Other People"

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: You don't give up.
Anne Lamott

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul.
And sings the tune
Without the words,
and never stops at all.
Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886)

Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.
H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?
Lois McMaster Bujold, Diplomatic Immunity, 2002

Our lives improve only when we take chances - and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.
Walter Anderson

The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught.
H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956), 'Prejudices: Fourth Series,' 1924

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.
Lois McMaster Bujold, "A Civil Campaign", 1999

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.
Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), in Good Housekeeping
:yes:

The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882).

I see what they mean just my interpretation :blush: , don't promote your honor cause that just first of all looks suspicious and phony. Trying to hard etc. Best just live by it and shut your trap, hehe. If your truly a person of honor you shouldn't have to do a "Broadway production" demonstrating such honor.

I'd love to see if any other INFPeeps will contribute quotes they feel represent themselves as INFP's :hug: :wubbie:.

*i'd still love to hear if people's have quotes if they feel up to it with the topic change heh...sorry*

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you sure that you are INFP? :huh:

:D what makes you say that? I'm open to anything just curious where your coming from? :hug: maybe i can understand better.
reason i find this kinda erie is I have been thinking i should look over ISFP one more time that's why i'm asking ^^D.
Fi is for sure and so is Behind-the-scenes hmm. Just in case i'll look over get-things-going again to rule out enfp. Now that i think about it again hehe, just might be possible.
crap, bugga i thought i was onto something xD.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:D what makes you say that? I'm open to anything just curious where your coming from? :hug: maybe i can understand better.

just your general style of posting. You seem kinda E to me. ENFP maybe? If not i would guess ISFP

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
just your general style of posting. You seem kinda E to me. ENFP maybe? If not i would guess ISFP

really? maybe ENFP? I was looking at that before, same for isfp.
oh bugga ^^DDD *johnny depp hehe*
Disneygeek :hug: told me my writing/posting style is kinda like "splat". Is that what your referring too?

So maybe i should look over enfp again and if that don't fit isfp? been actually curious about if i should.
I have a hard time understanding what defines E and what defines I truly like you always hear I = alone time, etc. E = interaction,interaction xDD. whaaa??? no middle ground haha.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love quotes! I can never remember any of them, though.
This is the only quote I've always remembered:

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. - Fight Club

:yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love quotes! I can never remember any of them, though.
This is the only quote I've always remembered:

:yim_rolling_on_the_

i love quotes too there so much fun ^^DD.
xDDDD that's a good one, made my day Rainoneventide :hug:
you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake :devil: :D.
That one owns over all haha.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disneygeek :hug: told me my writing/posting style is kinda like "splat". Is that what your referring too?

So maybe i should look over enfp again and if that don't fit isfp? been actually curious about if i should.
I have a hard time understanding what defines E and what defines I truly like you always hear I = alone time, etc. E = interaction,interaction xDD. whaaa??? no middle ground haha.

Anyone can need alone time, or interaction time, I think it's more so about how you go about these two things.

Extroversion: Can yap yap away without applying to much thought until after yapping away, tends to start conversations more when bored, doesn't hold grudges against others, is more emotional and excitable, Makes gestures from above the shoulders, focus their thoughts on objects, people, things outside of themselves, require more experiences, something different every time.

Introverts: Think before they say, needs some/more quite time in which they can contemplate properly/reflect. Occasionally appear bitter towards people, not at all necessarily socially retarded :D, focus on ideas/feelings, are usually more able to focus on one thing and prefer to learn things in depth.

As for NP SP... NP---> abstract, SP---> concrete. I doubt that you're a J though... nice quotes btw :D

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i love quotes too there so much fun ^^DD.
xDDDD that's a good one, made my day Rainoneventide :hug:
you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake :devil: :D.
That one owns over all haha.
Aww good, I'm glad. :) Lol, saying it randomly to people is amusing.

Also, I read your post above--introverts can be sociable too, but after a while they get tired and need time alone to recharge. On the other hand, extroverts prefer being around people than being alone. Hopefully that'll help.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

A girl i know is ENFP and she would post exactly like you. I guess you could call it splat :D. Your posts seem kinda improvised in a way. Like you have a general idea of what you're gonna post, but as you are writing it evolves and you add more and more and in the end it will seem kinda messy to everybody else, heh. You also like to use smilies. A lot.

also, i don't think the definition of I vs. E is as simple as you might think.

Read King-Of-Despair's post (which you might already have, when you are reading this ;))

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"the individual, not the archetype"
AvereX

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A girl i know is ENFP and she would post exactly like you. I guess you could call it splat :D. Your posts seem kinda improvised in a way. Like you have a general idea of what you're gonna post, but as you are writing it evolves and you add more and more and in the end it will seem kinda messy to everybody else, heh. You also like to use smilies. A lot.

also, i don't think the definition of I vs. E is as simple as you might think.

Read King-Of-Despair's post (which you might already have, when you are reading this ;))

hmm.
I was going to take a break from this but it calls to me. * i think i will soon :doh:*
You do have that right, I usually start something with a general idea of what i want to bring up. usually i'll go back and review over what i said then if i see something i want to add i'll add it or edit it.

Oh i was showing what i always hear from society's stereotypes of E versus I.
E versus I has to be one of the most stereotyped functions in mbti, maybe misunderstood.

I want to add that i have been thinking if i am a dominant Fi cause I read in "the functions of type" book. It seems i have been practicing with it more like having consistency with "my" values and what "i" will stand by. Like i always have but i notice I'm paying more attention to honoring that.

I just read King of despair's post and the " Can yap yap away without applying to much thought until after yapping away" I can see that on here.

I feel i have gotten off topic haha. At least it's my topic :devil:.

Does this sound like preferring Extraversion? where you have a really hard time staying with a thought but when someone mentions something to you that points out a trait about you or helps you realize you can or another way to do something.

I do always get revelations from talking with people that i never would of thought of and it amazes me. Like looking for a solution to a problem and i just need to talk with a mature individual who will help me see there side/another perspective or even just to let me vent heh.

Then from that is how i realize "oh i am like that" like i just can't tell myself " i am -----". I as much as i hate to admit it it's nice to hear it especially when i need the motivation.

When I was going to achieve something it really helped whenever i would feel doubtful or like i couldn't do it. I would always go to someone as to first off let it all out and get off my chest. But to hear someone say " i know you can do it, just keep trying." It definitely aids me in going for something.

Also when i'm doing posts on here it seems like if i don't get the thought out i will surely burst xDD. So when i finally right it down it's like "ahhh" a release hehe.

I haven't really studied what makes an extrovert an extrovert. Like i have read the online articles they have out there but I want to hear straight from the E's mouth. So if *sorry for the topic change* there are any E's out their, and you know your an E can you tell me what it means to you? Can a E be rather solitary and even reserved? I do cherish my alone time and it has seemed to grow especially after a death of a family member. Should i ignore the interaction styles cause i agree alot, the most actually BtS but I can defiantly see GtG. I feel like maybe i have started to try to take on a BtS approach, be more patient.

oh and rainoneventide. Speaking of getting drained after socializing. I came across this "going for the jugular - INFP vs ENFP and I'm going to quote Lady X from page 2 post 19.
" really the main thing that helped me was to realize how i alive i become when i'm with other people. i can't go to sleep for a long while after a stimulating conversation or just having fun with friends...it's like a buzz or something."

I agree with this in the since for example.
Last night i went out with a couple friends and i didn't get back home till
11:00 - 11:10. I didn't go to bed till 12:00 am I got myself a drink usually do before bed and I kinda thought in my head how nice the night was reviewing over everything in my head, what i saw, what we talked about. It all is done internally though so...could that point to introversion? But I agree with way she worded it, I can't just walk in the house from an event or off the phone and just hit the pillow. I usually like to just read or sit there with my thoughts before bed.

She also mentioned about or someone else did. I think it was about not being comfortable with negative emotions. I just brought this up because when this family member passed away I had such anxiety whenever i'd be alone and my thought would run wild on what happened and how much i missed this person.

Also it felt like the pain was just overwhelming so i would usually would send an email to my a few of my friends letting all this out and as soon as i would hit send, usually about a minute to a few i felt more cheerful like finally emotional load is off me and i could smile that i felt not so alone. I hated sitting alone with all those thoughts of sadness and grief.

I do find i love to whenever i have a plan or idea that i'm stoked about, I always love to go to someone just to discuss it with them on what i want to do usually or present it too them. I tried to present mbti to my SFJ mom but she really wasn't into it like i as.

I'm going to take alittle breather from all this. I guess if i could be Ne dominant it would make since when i get in that grip of it, thought feel like there just flowing at thousands of miles per hour and then i get frustrated with it.

I also figure INFP's probably experience this too though but it's like my life story haha Ne running wild *almost like it goes into overdrive. like now why i need a break* felt like i have kinda harnessed it enough to read a article without my mind getting bored/wanting to jump to something else. Pretty much why i like quotes ha. Nice and easy to digest. When i was 12-16ish there is no way I would sit down to read the heavy theoretical mbti/enneagram books i have read My mind would be too restless to even hold it for it. I'd have to take a break from it periodically (every fifteen-twenty mins)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty good quotes. :)
There's only a few that don't seem INFP to me, like the JFK one.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty good quotes. :)
There's only a few that don't seem INFP to me, like the JFK one.

oh okay, awesome I'm glad that you like them :hug:.
Thanks orangeAppled. Nice icon loving the butterfly's and the colors. So bright and attention grabbing.

If anyone else wants to contribute what they think fits the infp That would be awesome ^^D. I know there is like a rift in the topic discussion but hopefully it won't drive people nuts having a mixed thread going on.

Sincerely,
Dots.
Thanks OAppled.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
HUGE POST

I would be lying if i said that i understood all of that, your posts has a clusterfuck quality to them and some of it makes no sense at all :D

Still, ENFP is my guess. If you made a post under another name asking for people to type you, INF would probably be my last guess ;)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would be lying if i said that i understood all of that, your posts has a clusterfuck quality to them and some of it makes no sense at all :D

Still, ENFP is my guess. If you made a post under another name asking for people to type you, INF would probably be my last guess ;)

I must be speaking alien then huh? :cry: I get this from everyone on here lol.
And this was with trying to create some kind of order out of my thoughts, I thought I did good :D.

Hmm...Going to look over ENFP then for sure.
Thanks Requeim :hug:.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much and the best of us is washed away…" - G'kar, Babylon 5

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for all these quotes, it was a good read.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
This one always amuses me;

“ Are you ready to cut off your head and place your foot on it? If so, come; Love awaits you! Love is not grown in a garden, nor sold in the marketplace; whether you are a king or a servant, the price is your head, and nothing less. Yes, the cost of the elixir of love is your head! Do you hesitate? 0 miser, It is cheap at that price! ” - Al Ghazali