• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Quotes for the INFPeeps ^^D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one always amuses me;

“ Are you ready to cut off your head and place your foot on it? If so, come; Love awaits you! Love is not grown in a garden, nor sold in the marketplace; whether you are a king or a servant, the price is your head, and nothing less. Yes, the cost of the elixir of love is your head! Do you hesitate? 0 miser, It is cheap at that price! ” - Al Ghazali

oh my goodness that is rather captivating. Bravo.
*claps at the great selection of a quote ^^D*

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
hmm.
I was going to take a break from this but it calls to me. * i think i will soon :doh:*
You do have that right, I usually start something with a general idea of what i want to bring up. usually i'll go back and review over what i said then if i see something i want to add i'll add it or edit it.

Oh i was showing what i always hear from society's stereotypes of E versus I.
E versus I has to be one of the most stereotyped functions in mbti, maybe misunderstood.

I want to add that i have been thinking if i am a dominant Fi cause I read in "the functions of type" book. It seems i have been practicing with it more like having consistency with "my" values and what "i" will stand by. Like i always have but i notice I'm paying more attention to honoring that.

I just read King of despair's post and the " Can yap yap away without applying to much thought until after yapping away" I can see that on here.

I feel i have gotten off topic haha. At least it's my topic :devil:.

Does this sound like preferring Extraversion? where you have a really hard time staying with a thought but when someone mentions something to you that points out a trait about you or helps you realize you can or another way to do something.

I do always get revelations from talking with people that i never would of thought of and it amazes me. Like looking for a solution to a problem and i just need to talk with a mature individual who will help me see there side/another perspective or even just to let me vent heh.

Then from that is how i realize "oh i am like that" like i just can't tell myself " i am -----". I as much as i hate to admit it it's nice to hear it especially when i need the motivation.

When I was going to achieve something it really helped whenever i would feel doubtful or like i couldn't do it. I would always go to someone as to first off let it all out and get off my chest. But to hear someone say " i know you can do it, just keep trying." It definitely aids me in going for something.

Also when i'm doing posts on here it seems like if i don't get the thought out i will surely burst xDD. So when i finally right it down it's like "ahhh" a release hehe.

I haven't really studied what makes an extrovert an extrovert. Like i have read the online articles they have out there but I want to hear straight from the E's mouth. So if *sorry for the topic change* there are any E's out their, and you know your an E can you tell me what it means to you? Can a E be rather solitary and even reserved? I do cherish my alone time and it has seemed to grow especially after a death of a family member. Should i ignore the interaction styles cause i agree alot, the most actually BtS but I can defiantly see GtG. I feel like maybe i have started to try to take on a BtS approach, be more patient.

oh and rainoneventide. Speaking of getting drained after socializing. I came across this "going for the jugular - INFP vs ENFP and I'm going to quote Lady X from page 2 post 19.
" really the main thing that helped me was to realize how i alive i become when i'm with other people. i can't go to sleep for a long while after a stimulating conversation or just having fun with friends...it's like a buzz or something."

I agree with this in the since for example.
Last night i went out with a couple friends and i didn't get back home till
11:00 - 11:10. I didn't go to bed till 12:00 am I got myself a drink usually do before bed and I kinda thought in my head how nice the night was reviewing over everything in my head, what i saw, what we talked about. It all is done internally though so...could that point to introversion? But I agree with way she worded it, I can't just walk in the house from an event or off the phone and just hit the pillow. I usually like to just read or sit there with my thoughts before bed.

She also mentioned about or someone else did. I think it was about not being comfortable with negative emotions. I just brought this up because when this family member passed away I had such anxiety whenever i'd be alone and my thought would run wild on what happened and how much i missed this person.

Also it felt like the pain was just overwhelming so i would usually would send an email to my a few of my friends letting all this out and as soon as i would hit send, usually about a minute to a few i felt more cheerful like finally emotional load is off me and i could smile that i felt not so alone. I hated sitting alone with all those thoughts of sadness and grief.

I do find i love to whenever i have a plan or idea that i'm stoked about, I always love to go to someone just to discuss it with them on what i want to do usually or present it too them. I tried to present mbti to my SFJ mom but she really wasn't into it like i as.

I'm going to take alittle breather from all this. I guess if i could be Ne dominant it would make since when i get in that grip of it, thought feel like there just flowing at thousands of miles per hour and then i get frustrated with it.

I also figure INFP's probably experience this too though but it's like my life story haha Ne running wild *almost like it goes into overdrive. like now why i need a break* felt like i have kinda harnessed it enough to read a article without my mind getting bored/wanting to jump to something else. Pretty much why i like quotes ha. Nice and easy to digest. When i was 12-16ish there is no way I would sit down to read the heavy theoretical mbti/enneagram books i have read My mind would be too restless to even hold it for it. I'd have to take a break from it periodically (every fifteen-twenty mins)

I'd say you're an E. Definitely. It's just your whole post's aurora, if that makes sense. An I would not share quite so long a post of thoughts (not that it's bad or anything, I'm just saying they'd be too reserved to do that)...they're more private.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say you're an E. Definitely. It's just your whole post's aurora, if that makes sense. An I would not share quite so long a post of thoughts (not that it's bad or anything, I'm just saying they'd be too reserved to do that)...they're more private.

Hey,
Lost verses.
How did you determine that you preferred Introversion? :)
Cause the thing is i need alone time. I love peace and quiet,
it always replenished me when too much was just too much.
Really quiet and soft spoken too.

Though i have been told there are quiet E's out there hmm.
Saw a video actually of a ENFP female she was actually
pretty quiet but looked comfortable.

I do remember when i was younger i could talk for much longer
with groups of people.Even to the point of pushing myself and
enjoying it too.*in my 20's now. when i was younger like 12-18ish*

I relate alot with the never give up. rawrness if you will that is
associated with enfp too. Follow that dream and ambition no
matter what. I got a bracelet to prove it. Dream it, believe it, become it. :D.
Love that kinda stuff. Wondering maybe i'm just more balanced lately.
Thank you :hug:.

Sorry everybody. I'd love to hear more quotes if there are some others that strike you as OMG that's so INFP xDD.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
J. R. R. Tolkien

"An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it."
Paul Valery

"Art is not a study of positive reality, it is the seeking for ideal truth."
John Ruskin

"One must marry one's feelings to one's beliefs and ideas. That is probably the only way to achieve a measure of harmony in one's life."
Napoleon Hill

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
J. R. R. Tolkien

"An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it."
Paul Valery

"Art is not a study of positive reality, it is the seeking for ideal truth."
John Ruskin

"One must marry one's feelings to one's beliefs and ideas. That is probably the only way to achieve a measure of harmony in one's life."
Napoleon Hill

:hug: Thank you The Outsider
all are Very fitting to the INFP especially the last one.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
Hey,
Lost verses.
How did you determine that you preferred Introversion? :)
Cause the thing is i need alone time. I love peace and quiet,
it always replenished me when too much was just too much.
Really quiet and soft spoken too.

Though i have been told there are quiet E's out there hmm.
Saw a video actually of a ENFP female she was actually
pretty quiet but looked comfortable.

I do remember when i was younger i could talk for much longer
with groups of people.Even to the point of pushing myself and
enjoying it too.*in my 20's now. when i was younger like 12-18ish*

I relate alot with the never give up. rawrness if you will that is
associated with enfp too. Follow that dream and ambition no
matter what. I got a bracelet to prove it. Dream it, believe it, become it. :D.
Love that kinda stuff. Wondering maybe i'm just more balanced lately.
Thank you :hug:.

Well for me I knew I was introverted because it's just kind of obvious. I mean, if I told people I was extroverted they'd never stop laughing, and think I was joking, LOL.

I suggest that you try to focus on what the first functions are for each type. The first function for INFPs is introverted feeling. ENFP's first function is extroverted intuition. : )

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well for me I knew I was introverted because it's just kind of obvious. I mean, if I told people I was extroverted they'd never stop laughing, and think I was joking, LOL.

I suggest that you try to focus on what the first functions are for each type. The first function for INFPs is introverted feeling. ENFP's first function is extroverted intuition. : )

Hey Lost verses, :hug:
hehe that's funny got a image in my head of people slapping their thighs and such. i'm kinda wondering if that would happen to me too lol.

I also have been reading the descriptions of enfp/infp in my books.
Same for interaction styles, so far one thing stood out from that is on GtG I.S " others sometimes see them as scattered, and their idea generation can feel like a whirlwind*definitely, it's always been that way*. Sometimes make snap decision then later rethink, seeming somewhat impulsive. And/ " they often have trouble choosing which path to follow since they find so many exciting and interesting things to do and have many ideas." *having the hardest time picking a career but i'm just going to run with it cause i got to choose sometime :D*
Thanks Lose Verses
Sincerely,
Dots. :hug: