• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] When an INFJ is past the point of caring...

Shaggy

MBTI Type
INfJ
all and all, you just a...another brick in the wall

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
When an INFJ is past the point of caring.... Hitler!!!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Irrevocable things happen.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
. . . run. :devil:

Actually, when I'm past the point of caring, it's an all-encompassing void.
I feel like the walking dead. Empty. No future.
It's a bad place.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ocean-wallpaper-5.jpg

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok here goes, what prompted the thread.

I mouth the usual politically correct words like 'how are you?', 'good morning' but in a diffident manner - no smile whatsoever, matter of factly, cold and business-like - and I no longer WASTE my care and concern on the person being treated/mistreated in this way. Past the point of caring... And for me, past the point of caring = past the point of sharing (my life, my time, my money, my passions, interests etc).

If the person has been manipulative, it's even worse, I can even never return a greeting. Rude, yea! You bet.

Then, some day, I discover that I can still feel sorry for some person who has been doorslammed emotionally like that. And I will make the effort and ask sincerely after the person's health, offer tea and biscuits (it's a social setting, NOT my home and there is tea and biscuits around) and inquire after this and that. BUT, there is STILL this big sign over my face that says, 'NO MORE trespassing'... Complicated, *sigh*...

So am I going "cold and calculatingly efficient and evil INTJ, MUHAHAHA"??? I LIKE INTJ, mind you and I don't think of them as 'evil'...

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[/QUOTE]

Is the INFJ the water or the person...or both? :thelook:

[QUOTE="Immaculate Cloud, post: 722100, member: 6069"]Ok here goes, what prompted the thread.

I mouth the usual politically correct words like 'how are you?', 'good morning' but in a diffident manner - no smile whatsoever, matter of factly, cold and business-like - and I no longer WASTE my care and concern on the person being treated/mistreated in this way. Past the point of caring... And for me, past the point of caring = past the point of sharing (my life, my time, my money, my passions, interests etc).[/QUOTE]

I don't even greet people on a daily basis...up your INFJ "not caring" game :coffee:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well... here's one example of an evil FJ. Though they might be ExFJ.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Qd5JyR1l8"]Mithos[/youtube]

Context: Mithos and Martel are beings called "half-elves," a cross-breed between humans and elves. They're typically disliked and mistreated by both humans and elves. Mithos went a bit too far in creating a world where half-elves would be accepted. And in reviving his sister, Martel.

Let's just say he manipulated the nature of reality in such a way that several suffered and died for thousands of years in order to make things such that what he needed to facilitate the revival came into being.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
When we don't care, it means that any hope of changing the situation has changed. It's takes an awful lot to get to that place. We're not even angry at that point. The other person simply is no longer part of our world.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
I mouth the usual politically correct words like 'how are you?', 'good morning' but in a diffident manner - no smile whatsoever, matter of factly, cold and business-like - and I no longer WASTE my care and concern on the person being treated/mistreated in this way. Past the point of caring... And for me, past the point of caring = past the point of sharing (my life, my time, my money, my passions, interests etc).

If the person has been manipulative, it's even worse, I can even never return a greeting. Rude, yea! You bet.

Then, some day, I discover that I can still feel sorry for some person who has been doorslammed emotionally like that. And I will make the effort and ask sincerely after the person's health, offer tea and biscuits (it's a social setting, NOT my home and there is tea and biscuits around) and inquire after this and that. BUT, there is STILL this big sign over my face that says, 'NO MORE trespassing'... Complicated, *sigh*...

Yep, this sounds like me. And the bee sting metaphor rings true. It does take a *long time* to get to that point, and once I get there, there is no going back.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Mode of extreme irritability. Unless you want your head chewed off, back off. Do not attempt to talk to me, especially not small talk. The first warning is the cold shoulder, then I get progressively more nasty. Verbally of course, I'm not emotional at that stage. No flying projectiles either. :alttongue:

Lightyear

When we don't care, it means that any hope of changing the situation has changed. It's takes an awful lot to get to that place. We're not even angry at that point. The other person simply is no longer part of our world.

Very true. We are just cold and calculating at this point and if any caring emotion towards the wrongdoer trys to creep in we just replay in our head all the instances when the doorslammed person has wronged us and come to the rational conclusion: "Not worth it. I am not going to go there again."