• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] I am not impressed with your performance.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
I've had this happen to me before, but I always try to listen to the other person, for their sake if not for my own. If they like something enough to talk about it, then I feel like I should respect their interest and listen to them, er, respectfully. I also look at it as an opportunity to learn about a perspective I've never considered before. Maybe I don't consider such-an-such topic interesting, but it can be very illuminating and exciting to find out why the other person considers that topic interesting.

In general, I just don't think there is such a thing as a boring person. To quote Neil Gaiman:

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them
they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe."

So in conclusion, I don't think it's wise to dismiss anyone as unimpressive. If anyone seems unimpressive to me, I consider it my fault, a consequence of my own lack of understanding, and not their own.