• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Dream Job for ENFP

ENFPs: Which CAREER would you CHOOSE

• Religion Theory Major

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • History Major

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Phd Shrink (Psychologist)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • PhdMD Super Shrink (Psychiatrist)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pa (Physician's Assistant)

• Public Speaker

• Writer

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Teacher

• Art Therapist

• Comedian

• Total voters

Afkan

For the skimmers, this is my question:
To ENFPs, (or anyone who knows closely ENFPs) Would you rather pursue (or did you pursue) a fun career, intellectually stimulating career, or what else?

This ENFP gal
  • Is extremely talented at making other ppl laugh, hilarious, successful at standup comedy
  • Everyone is happy within 5 ft of her regardless of their previous mood
  • loves to have fun
  • constantly emits a glow in social situations

Is she considering careers that would limit her talents and not allow her happiness? Or just blown away by life's possibilities?

In her words:
"so, you should pick a career for me
here are my options
regardless of major/degree i would like to help people, know things that will help in every aspect of my life. so i could be a religionist
major in religion and history and things
or phd shrink
or phdmd super shrink
or a pa
or a public speaker
or a writer
or someone that comes up with big ideas...
i like to (and am good at)think, fix problems, make connections, organize, explain things, create
thats why im good at teaching, jokes, writing lesson plans, art, papers,
making and achieving goals, pretty much all of those actions so if im a phd or phd md id be better in a lab, probably
so find me a job, woman, you are officially in charge of taking care of the rest of my life, so find out what would be most helpful in the grand scheme of things
I COULD BE AN OVERLORD!!!!!!!!!
"

Isn't she hilarious ???
WHY would anyone this hilarious want to go to college for 12 years?
Does anyone know of a job order that reads, "...someone that comes up with big ideas"
...:cheese: JK.

I bolded the portion that I have seen evidence of her talents in.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Teacher/Stand-up comedian/inventor

I really think education would be a good place for her. she could keep the lessons fun and interesting while being much more able to help each child. I think she would thrive as a Charter School teacher, the small classes and being able to watch each child develop over the years would be excellent, I think.

I think being a Special Education teacher could be good because she has to be more novel with teaching than with the average child. Another could be a student counselor, she could come up with good ideas, let the child pick, and be the nice lady that the child would listen to.

Anyways that's my spiel, I think NFs of all kinds are great teachers, it's really a matter of what type of teacher, I think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i would very much like to be a hired idea person. :)
you know...a company calls me and says we need an idea on how to do this...or how do we do that...or could you invent something that would bring us this or do that...or how do we market this...or coming up with business ideas or designs for businesses...or throwing promotional parties for businesses...or....etc...etc...i'm good at ideas and design...SUCK at follow through!

but...also very torn about doing something to help people...taking broken people and giving them the tools to start a new life and fulfill their potential somehow...

OR! traveling around photographing life...just captured moments of people in situations...journalistic style i think...and putting together a book or exhibit

OR...a business owner...

OR! haha...sorry...i could do that all day. :)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Comedian, just drag your INTP friend up onto the stage and talk. Give a mild sexual innuendo, and you have high end lols.

Afkan

i would very much like to be a hired idea person. :)
you know...a company calls me and says we need an idea on how to do this...or how do we do that...or could you invent something that would bring us this or do that...or how do we market this...or coming up with business ideas or designs for businesses...or throwing promotional parties for businesses...or....etc...etc...i'm good at ideas and design...SUCK at follow through!

but...also very torn about doing something to help people...taking broken people and giving them the tools to start a new life and fulfill their potential somehow...

OR! traveling around photographing life...just captured moments of people in situations...journalistic style i think...and putting together a book or exhibit

OR...a business owner...

OR! haha...sorry...i could do that all day. :)

:) You sound just like her. Whew. Okay, maybe she's normal. :D
Comedian, just drag your INTP friend up onto the stage and talk. Give a mild sexual innuendo, and you have high end lols.
I guess that is kind of related...but Why would that yield lols?? Wouldn't that embarrass an INTP?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's can be fairly shameless. To get this to work properly, give them a small amount of booze, or promise payment in another means.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
behavioral therapist for all kinds of animals, including humans ;)

Chloe

Isn't she hilarious ???
WHY would anyone this hilarious want to go to college for 12 years?
Does anyone know of a job order that reads, "...someone that comes up with big ideas"
...:cheese: JK.

I bolded the portion that I have seen evidence of her talents in.

those are dream iobs for every ENFP, almost.
i'd add journalism, business, science, art, organizing events... I plan to achieve most of that. :D:blush: at least in some form. :blush:

if she's a good writer and other stuff you bolded than i guess writer/ journalist is best for her. or public speaker or PR, but you didn't bold that as her talent.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Of those listed I'd probably choose writer.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I haven't done any long term work other than being a mommy but the short term I did I loved sales. I really enjoy technical stuff too, but it can get a bit boring.

ENFP's can have a hard time making a decision, she needs to chose herself though, it's too easy to make a rash decision or rely on other people to make our decisions and later regret not taking the long detailed decision time. She has the ability to make the decision, she is just being lazy. :tongue10:

Chloe

I decided which college to go to on ny way in tran, i was going to "sign into" college and didn't have a clue where to "put papers" so I like randonly picked one (of few i aplied to before that, of course).Yeah true story. Don't let her do that :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...was i supposed to pick one of those? hmm...art therapist maybe...what is that exactly? sounds interesting.

Afkan

INTP's can be fairly shameless. To get this to work properly, give them a small amount of booze, or promise payment in another means.
I'll tell her to try that sometime...
behavioral therapist for all kinds of animals, including humans ;)
Nice. Wouldn’t an ENFP find that boring, though? Behavioral therapy is just having others repeat behavior to teach new behaviors. You're right, though- there is that intrinsic reward of helping others.

those are dream iobs for every ENFP, almost.
i'd add journalism, business, science, art, organizing events... I plan to achieve most of that. :D:blush: at least in some form. :blush:

if she's a good writer and other stuff you bolded than i guess writer/ journalist is best for her. or public speaker or PR, but you didn't bold that as her talent.

I bet she would do excellently as a public speaker. I have only see her do comedy, though. I have seen her speak at church, however, a couple of times, two of which she miraculously worked in the words “penis” and “vagina.” ???LOL :shock:

Of those listed I'd probably choose writer.
She is excellent at writing.

I haven't done any long term work other than being a mommy but the short term I did I loved sales. I really enjoy technical stuff too, but it can get a bit boring.

ENFP's can have a hard time making a decision, she needs to chose herself though, it's too easy to make a rash decision or rely on other people to make our decisions and later regret not taking the long detailed decision time. She has the ability to make the decision, she is just being lazy. :tongue10:
Agreed. She will end up hating me forever if I really was to “choose” a career for her. And she obviously doesn’t really want to close her options yet. She will probably change directions several times before choosing herself.
I think she wants me to more help her find her own way. It helps me to understand you guys, too, so I don’t guide her too strongly into making rash decisions.

I decided which college to go to on ny way in tran, i was going to "sign into" college and didn't have a clue where to "put papers" so I like randonly picked one (of few i aplied to before that, of course).Yeah true story. Don't let her do that :D
LOL. Ok.

Psychologist, Public Speaker, and Writer.
:yes:

Journalist.
Journalist is what the ENFP is called often- along w/ advocate and champion.
Journalism would work well w/ her unique sense of self, strong opinions about speaking her mind, and being “true” to herself (NF, Fi).
oh...was i supposed to pick one of those? hmm...art therapist maybe...what is that exactly? sounds interesting.
:) Only downside- Lots of education. Master's degree required to give therapy, then additional training required to specialize in art therapy- to learn how to interpret art psychologically speaking.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I think not :)

It's immensely satisfying to see someone improve and find their way under your guidance, be it cat, horse or human. Also, every animal/human is different, unique and fascinating..I don't see myself ever tiring of discovering and getting to know all those individuals.

Chloe

hmm...art therapist maybe...what is that exactly? sounds interesting.

thats for exanple when you lead a group and they try to express their enotions with painting.. so you are like art-psychologist asistent at once... trying to notivate then to express their enotions and so...:huh:
Or ex. psychodrana is also forn of art therapy, i think.

articles-2-1232303254.jpg

it's basicaly NF hippy thingie, or for people with too nuch tine. :blush:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Agreed. She will end up hating me forever I really was to “choose” a career for her. And she obviously doesn’t really want to close her options yet. She will probably change directions several times before choosing herself.
I think she wants me to more help her find her own way. It helps me to understand you guys, too, so I don’t guide her too strongly into making rash decisions.

Coolies, makes sense, can you be my friend now?