• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Surviving surrounded by NTs?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I currently am on vacation with my family and the aunt I am staying with keeps many NTs as company (An INTP, ENTP, and another T of some order that I have yet to identify)

A lot of the problem I am having is my yet-to-be-calloused intuitive sensitivity, the other is my need to be able to improve people (Usually through introducing them to new things, ENTPs have seen it... years ago). I am not used to feeling like the runt. I get this feeling from being 'behind them' when it comes to things. Also the air is just dry of the vibes Fs give off that I'm used to. My cousin is nice enough in the polite ENTP fashion, but it still doesn't sit right being with him too long.

What I'm trying to get at, is how do you other NFs handle being in an NT environment? The best I have is the chance that the ENTP's INFJ girlfriend will stop by one of these days before July 4.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Brush up on philosophy, or talk about whatever it is one of them is obsessed with?

They can get really passionate about that.

Getting emotions out of an NT is easier than getting blood from a turnip, believe it or not. It's not easy, but it's doable.

Alternatively... you could just use this forum as your emotional outlet.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I currently am on vacation with my family and the aunt I am staying with keeps many NTs as company (An INTP, ENTP, and another T of some order that I have yet to identify)

A lot of the problem I am having is my yet-to-be-calloused intuitive sensitivity, the other is my need to be able to improve people (Usually through introducing them to new things, ENTPs have seen it... years ago). I am not used to feeling like the runt. I get this feeling from being 'behind them' when it comes to things. Also the air is just dry of the vibes Fs give off that I'm used to. My cousin is nice enough in the polite ENTP fashion, but it still doesn't sit right being with him too long.

What I'm trying to get at, is how do you other NFs handle being in an NT environment? The best I have is the chance that the ENTP's INFJ girlfriend will stop by one of these days before July 4.

I've tried asking this question in a different context, that of work, but got very few responses. My limited thoughts: don't care, try not to do anything differently, get used to not having those F vibes around, know it won't last forever, try to engage them in conversation preferably humorous, don't expect things like praise acceptance support etc cuz you very well may not get them, go off alone and read books or go online.

Maybe you'll get some good answers that you can share with me!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get them ranting at each other and watch the fireworks....from a great distance. And I make sure I don't draw attention to myself. At least it's entertainment :devil:

I have a largely NT family myself and as much as I love 'em, I too find it too cold often. I'm on my guard around them. My mother is an SF though and my brother is very balanced, so if I need a breather I look them up :)
It does depend on how extreme T they are, ime though.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By relaxing and enjoying the conversations that happen for once instead of wanting to escape. I guess you need more F type environment than I do. NT environments are a relief for me, not a taxation.

redacted

I find NTs easier to be around than NFs usually.

I like people that hold the reigns over their emotions. As long as they don't hold too tight.

My little brother and father are both NTs (ENTP and INTP), so it makes sense that I feel at home with them :)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Don't brush up on anything. Just be yourself. If they don't like it, they can adjust to you just as easily as you adjust to them.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try not to lick any of them. They secrete a hallucinogen through their skin.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Try not to lick any of them. They secrete a hallucinogen through their skin.

:rofl1:

My experiences are much like Evan and Jewelchild's. I get along quite well with NTs. There are some INTX that prefer the more "formal" and distant interactions but for the most part they enjoy intellectual discussions on just about anything. (Most of them quite enjoy quip and humor even if they don't directly announce it.) I guess it helps that I am female and for the most part most male NTs come to tolerate and perhaps expect my ever changeable bouncing facets. For female NTs I think most of them are just glad for the breath of "unemotional" fresh air.

As to competence and knowledge etc I know many XNTJ unconsciously give off that I'm superior attitude even if they don't mean it. I don't think you need to feel too much that you're "behind". Merely a difference in strengths? As nebby said be yourself and they'll come to appreciate your strengths as they shine through.

NTs aren't robots... they do appreciate a little F. Just make sure they're given in manageable doses... those poor things. ;)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for all the tips :)

I like having ammo in banter. I don't know these people enough to have much of it. Once I have ammo, however, banter is something I tend to do (on accident or on purpose).

Theres another thing around here, my INFJ sixth sense is picking up a strong -something- that is disconcerting. It kept me up pretty late last night, too. My dad (INFJ posterchild) picks up on it too.