• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP 4's and 9's

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Similarities? Differences? Thoughts?
How might the two types interact?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, I'm still working on understanding all the differences myself. The 9 is probably more extroverted than the 4, but that's about all I can think of with out checking my books.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The biggest difference would probably be the INFP's values. Fours are individualistic and need to be unique whereas Nines like to blend in so that they can get along with people. Going by that, I would imagine that Fours are guided by values aimed at self-growth and expression while Nines focus on broader issues like peace and freedom.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP 4s tend to excel at creativity in expression of emotion. Know an INFP that wins people over with art, passion, and style? They are probably a 4. INFP 4s can have vibrate personalities and be very exciting. The downside is that they are dramatic, and if they get into a negative rut will resist fixing that rut, as they identify themselves with their negative emotions and taking action to fix them is a form of self-betrayal.

INFP 9s tend to have fine tuned the art of emotional stability. Which isn't to say they aren't as emotional, but rather have developed a myriad of tactics, both healthy and unhealthy, to be emotionally calm in a storm. 9s are more likely to delve into what makes other people tick, and use that knowledge to create an environment that fosters peace, harmony, and prosperity. The price is that 9s can lose their unique personality, becoming who they need to be to best suit an environment. 9s are also likely to delude themselves and go to far greater lengths to avoid intense, emotional conflict, thereby letting the needs of others completely overwhelm their own personal needs.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
type 4 is sometimes called 'the individualist' and type 9 'the peacemaker'. these seem almost opposite in nature, so i find it interesting that the two are associated with the same MBTI type.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, in the end they do follow the basic principals of the INFP, it's just which values the individual is brought up with and encouraged to follow.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think maybe 4's rely more on Fi and 9's on Ne, in social settings anyway

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's also interesting that one level of integration from 4 is 1 which is right next to 9. Also, one level of integration from 9 is 3; I wonder if there is some extra meaning here...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the issues I've run in to is that I relate to the points of integration and disintegration of the 8, but I'm pretty obviously a 9 in how I act. But I'm very balanced between 8 and 9... it kinda throws me off. I've had a LOT of confusion between 8w9 and 9w8.

i think maybe 4's rely more on Fi and 9's on Ne, in social settings anyway

I can relate to this definitely.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's also interesting that one level of integration from 4 is 1 which is right next to 9. Also, one level of integration from 9 is 3; I wonder if there is some extra meaning here...

ooh. interesting indeed.. i'll have to reflect on this one more before i respond.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
today's musings on INFP 4's and 9's...

INFP trait: self doubting, self-effacing

type 4:
manifests a distinct personal identity and value system to stand out from the herd. identifies with self.

type 9: manifests pleasant, diplomatic, and agreeable traits to be accepted by the herd. identifies with group.

INFP trait: emotionally sensitive

type 4: hyper-identifies with own feelings. placates self by seeking solitude and immersion in their own world, maintaining focus mostly on own subjective experience, and expressing their feelings creatively. is prone to projecting own feelings/ideals onto others.

type 9: disconnects with own feelings. placates self by seeking company and immersion in social world, becoming concerned with the people around them, and taking on their needs in place of own. is prone to absorbing the feelings/ideals of others into themself.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Under the emotionally sensitive, the type 9 almost sounds like the 4 -> 2 dissintigration pattern. Also I remember reading that many people can misidentify with 9 due to it's agreableness.

Black Cat: 8 is also either four levels of integration or two levels of dissintigration from type 4.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Black Cat: 8 is also either four levels of integration or two levels of dissintigration from type 4.

Can you elaborate on these four levels? For the 8 and 9? I'm sure the others will be interested in the 9's too. Even the four. It's just good to have the information out there. :)

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Under the emotionally sensitive, the type 9 almost sounds like the 4 -> 2 dissintigration pattern.

i kind of make the distinction between the 2's and 9's agreeableness on the point that 9's are group oriented and kind of impersonally breezy, where 2's are more attracted to one-on-one interaction with a more emotionally-charged, personal bent.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have nothing to add to this besides the fact that 4s are probably perceived as more eccentric or rebellious INFPs and 9s may fit the steretype more of the exceedingly meek INFP.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you elaborate on these four levels? For the 8 and 9? I'm sure the others will be interested in the 9's too. Even the four. It's just good to have the information out there. :)

Intigration and Dissintigration are basically directions of health or lack of health - intigrate good, dissintigrate bad. In the case of type for, the direction of Intigration goes 4 -> 1 -> 7 -> 5 -> 8; the direction of dissintigration is 4 -> 2 -> 8 -> 5 -> 7. In the case of type 9, Intigration is 9 -> 3 -> 6 -> 9 -> 3; and dissintigration is 9 -> 6 -> 3 -> 9 -> 6. Each level of Intigration relates to more healthier expressions of the type you get to, while dissintigration is the more stressed out negative forms of the type at that level. Past that I'm still learning myself.

i kind of make the distinction between the 2's and 9's agreeableness on the point that 9's are group oriented and kind of impersonally breezy, where 2's are more attracted to one-on-one interaction with a more emotionally-charged, personal bent.

Ok, I see where you're going with that then.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
disintegration is a good record

Hmmm... Might need to expand on that a little. A good record of what is to come? or just to have an idea how someone may act when stressed?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
TheCureDisintegration1.jpg