• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP 4's and 9's

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ most 4 wings are INFP / INFJ, but of course that is dependent on the research you look at:

Correlation Charting

I wonder that you know so many INFP's IRL! I sure don't.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely. infp isfp obvious correlations with 9. i think infps are more often 9w1 and the isfps i know are often 9w8s.
With the INFPs I know, it's split essentially between 4s and 9s, with a sprinkling of 5s.

what i don't have a fucking clue on is how an infj can be an e9. i know of no real-life examples, and can't really comprehend what it would look like behaviorally.
I know INFJ 9w1s, online and irl. They seem very similar to INFPs.

you seem more 5w4 to me. a little too biting for a 9w1, their profuse apologies when they are doing nothing wrong, etc. they each can seriously withdraw. 5w4s on the whole tho are much more miserly, do not give freely, temper expectations to maintain inner freedom as much as possible. 9s give and give until they're overdrawn much more often. 9s would be more passive aggressive and anger issues, 5w4s would be more just go cold, hardened exterior, etc.
From that description, I'd say Muffin's a 9.

[and no, not a hotness scale of 1-10, m :)]

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
definitely, i agree 100% with this. nf types are empathetic in different ways. Fe works outwards-inwards, Fi works inwards-outwards. Fe calculations are on the outward environment, Fi weighing is internal events, Fe doesn't store internally like Fi, it just improves its literacy and its shortcuts to understand things, its theoretical framework, its social instincts, its language, its semiology. it doesn't keep EVERYTHING like Fi does, nor does it organize its inner world based on an attempt at inherent F coherency. the tension for nf Fe users is when Ni and Fe don't align at all, whereas Fi users have to get their Fi right and use Ne to make good and positive connections to the world, attachments, that will bring them out and lift them up and allow them to find new pieces of the inner puzzle/struggle/story.

Good summary. :yes:

udog, i'm also wondering if you know of any infp 4w3s? i do know some entps that are this type, proust i think was an infp 4w3 according to guesses, but i don't have a good sense of this.

I've known a couple of 4s, but I'm not sure what their wing was. I knew an INFJ that fit the 4w3 description almost as if it was a biography.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a 4w3. Didn't I already put that here?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now that I think about it, my INFP father fits 9w8 quite nicely. It's quite the tumultuous combination.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 is cool. I like it. :yes:

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is a really dumb question, but what the heck does the "w" mean? All I know is that I'm a 4, lol.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is a really dumb question, but what the heck does the "w" mean? All I know is that I'm a 4, lol.

It isn't a dumb question. It means wing. If you're a 4, your wing can be either 3 or 5.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 4w3. Didn't I already put that here?

We aren't ignoring you - there's just a huge difference between knowing someone online and in real life. I am willing to only go so far with things I've observed online.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
My enneagram switches around between 4w5 and 5w4 a lot. After reading the descriptions for both wings on Wikipedia (Page for 4 and 5) I feel like I relate to both. :shock:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I'm a balanced 4w5 though still unsure of Enneagram because the descriptions of Fours are really 'but how do I *feel*,' where really, life is more about making others *feel* beautiful. 9w1s and 9w8s are some of the most lovely, kind, and modest people I have met. They are gracious, nurturing, accepting, profound, intuitive people, who clearly think/feel an awful lot, but are too unselfish to make it common knowledge to most. They have a talent for making people smile, and have a deep understanding of every different person they meet instinctively. Love to the Nines...be happy x

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
There are a lot of contradictions with my 'categories', my SO instinct makes me more 3, except I identify with the 5 descriptions much more than the 3 descriptions, and half of the time, I feel more 5 than 4. So what I have is self-preservation and fear of incompetence, need to identify with a group and contribute, intimate one-on-one interactions, but need to be an individual.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
According to this test thingy I'm around 100% Type 5 and 75% Type 9, does that put me in this category? Or is it the bigger test with the wings.. and.. stuff.?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The test is probably telling you you are 5. That would make your wing a 4 or a 6, so whichever of those two is higher.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Ah ok. Yeah that should be pretty close to my test results. 6w5.