• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Alcohol and NF's.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
OMG YOU CHANGED THE ORDER - all the other ones are "XXs and Alcohol" and this one is "alcohol and NFs"

EXPERIMENT.
RUINED.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
It's fun in moderation. It's not fun when you get closely aquainted with it and the toilet bowl though.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have never been drunk or even tipsy- sometimes I wonder what I would be like drunk and think about doing an experiment,lol.

I like making sure I am experiencing things in the fullest capacity-even if I am in a painful moment- so drinking to escape or numb myself wouldn't be fun or purposeful to me- it would be cheating myself out of meaningful lessons and experiences. I am already pretty out there and comfortable with myself so I don't need something to encourage any more "bravery",lol. It is as if I am naturally drunk or buzzed,lol.

I am finding more and more appreciation for wines- and am going to buy it more often as more of a culinary purpose.

I only like rum based drinks, fruity froo froo drinks and whiskey sours as far as drinky drinks are concerned and I only have those once in a blue moon.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I've only been actually drunk (not just a little tipsy) once. It was miserable...it felt a good deal like morning sickness or seasickness, neither of which I'm a great fan of. It's a short trip from tipsy to drunk for me, so I'm sort of a half a glass of wine or beer girl. :p

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I enjoy it. Not gonna lie life is better with alcohol.

besides most of what i do while drunk I'd do sober, except drive i won't do that drunk. but like light stick of incense in my ass, I would do that sober, I mean when I did it I wasn't that drunk yet, but if I get the question "what have you had up your ass?" I can say incense that was lit, and then when they give me the :huh: look I can be like I had been drinking.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I enjoy it. Not gonna lie life is better with alcohol.

No no, more like the alcohol is better with life. ;) Seeing as it's a mood stimulant, life doesn't seem all that better when you are drunk and miserable at the same time.

Good thing you pass out eventually. :yes:

I'm not really a big drinker, I will start drinking soft drinks if I feel like I have hit the tolerance limits for the night, at least until a few hours have passed then I can have another drink.

Only when I go out, I very very rarely drink alone. Like a once a year solo thing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I didn't say I was drunk all the time, believe or not I can stay sober, why do people misread what i say. If I have to responsible and do responsible stuff I won't drink, but if it's night time and I'm not doing thing yeah, I'm going to drink. Besides I rarely pass out or puke any more, and I drink mostly with friends.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My reasons for not drinking are:

1) I have seen the effects of alcohol abuse close up in my extended family and have no desire to take any risks with it. No one sets out planning to become an alcoholic.

2) People often use alcohol as a way to either spend time with people whom they have nothing in common with, or as a way to feel comfortable enough to interact socially. With the first, they need to find other company and with the second, alcohol is actually preventing them from growing as a person.

3) Where I live, I have seen alcohol serve as a distraction from dealing with problems that need to be resolved at home. This usually results in bad behaviour and in people banding together to justify the time spent away from their partner. This has been the demise of many relationships. In addition, with company, it is easier for someone to be in self-denial when they are developing a drinking problem.

4) It impairs judgement and I don't like not being in charge of all my faculties. I also would like for people to be able to respect me and for me to respect them. This is harder when one or both are not working with all of the decision making abilities they normally possess.

5) It creates divisions between people. Those who don't drink are often seen as judgemental or are left out socially. Those who do not know how to drink judiciously also suffer negative social effects.

6) Drunk people are unpredictable. Other's safety and welfare is often compromised whether through drunk driving, neglect, fighting, or (inappropriate) sexual activity.

7) The health implications of drinking are still undetermined, but it appears that there are more negatives than positives.

8) Even if I can handle it well, there are many people who cannot. Every person who participates puts on pressure (knowingly or unintentional) for others to join as well. By hosting a social gathering with alcohol, I am making those conspicuous who do not join in. There are those who are underage, or who have had a problem with it in the past whom I don't want to put in that position. It also says to the younger generation that serving alcohol is part of being a good host.

9) The capacity for thinking of the effects of their actions on others is diminished. This leads to noise complaints, hosts having to ask certain people to leave, fights breaking out, gossip being spread, inappropriate flirting and so on.

10) Partying is an expensive habit.

I am aware that many people do drink in moderation. For some that works well. For me, I think it softens up the line in the choices I have made. At what point do the aforementioned points go from being invalid to coming into effect?

I myself do choose to spend time around people who drink, but leave before people are drunk. I don't go out to the bar, as it seems odd for me to go somewhere where I am not going to take part in the main activity, I don't like the unpredictability of drunk strangers, and I don't like being on the road with other patrons who have been drinking, even if I am the designated driver for my group of people.

I don't look down on those who choose to drink socially if they are responsible, but would never choose a partner who does (I have dated someone who did drink socially and it became a point of tension in how we hosted social gatherings, behaviour when we were out, who we spent time with, choice of friends etc.). If we were to have kids, I would want to be giving a consistent message to them about alcohol.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I didn't say I was drunk all the time, believe or not I can stay sober, why do people misread what i say. If I have to responsible and do responsible stuff I won't drink, but if it's night time and I'm not doing thing yeah, I'm going to drink. Besides I rarely pass out or puke any more, and I drink mostly with friends.

Honestly I'm wondering the same thing about my posts now lol since I never thought you did drink all the time. :)

My use of the word you, should have been a general you, as in you the people, of which I am a part too. ;)

rooo

MBTI Type
isfp
2) People often use alcohol as a way to either spend time with people whom they have nothing in common with, or as a way to feel comfortable enough to interact socially. With the first, they need to find other company and with the second, alcohol is actually preventing them from growing as a person.

I have to disagree with you about using it to spend time with people you have nothing in common with. The thing about alcohol is that it allows people to open up more easily and find they have more in common with each other than they thought.

From my point of view, I guess I can't really understand not drinking because of the principles behind it... nice times are often had over a few drinks, and there's nothing wrong with that! If you've got a bad family history of the stuff, I can understand that though.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Too bad English doesn't make that distinction like other languages do. I knew what you meant though Berber Ella. Don't worry, prplchknz, no one thinks you're a lush!

P

Phantonym

Couldn't care less for alcohol. First of all, I hate the taste. And secondly, I like to be in control way too much to lose it. But if it's the thing people like, it's their own business, as long as they don't drink and drive, assholes!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I read your pot and looked at your avatar. The discrepancy made me lol.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
6) Drunk people are unpredictable. Other's safety and welfare is often compromised whether through drunk driving, neglect, fighting, or (inappropriate) sexual activity.
there's been a study proving that being more violent while drunk is not correct, and the people who drive drunk are dumb asses, I've never driven drunk or gotten into a fight, so yeah some people are just idiots. trying to look cool (mostly highschoolers)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't drink. I simply don't like alcohol because I like to have control over my body. I can't coordinate when I've had booze.

P

Phantonym

I read your pot and looked at your avatar. The discrepancy made me lol.

What? You're referring to the shiners I got while barhopping around the town last night? I didn't mean to cause trouble, it was the booze talking. Honestly! :blush:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
SOI SOI SOI SO. NF's are cute when embarassed. :).