• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Alcohol and NF's.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Physically, I don't handle overindulgence well which is the reason why I could easily do without alcohol. I never drink for the effect. If I do drink, two is my limit. I only drink if I am socializing. I like a good glass of red if I am having a nice steak. I like going out for cocktails to cute, little places but that is more about the destination than the drinking. And I like having half a beer if I am watching a band.

Basically, I don't ever like to feel unwell and that is how drinking regularly would make me feel.

i'm currently trying to balance this. i don't think my constitution handles overindulgences well either, yet i continually find myself over-indulging. or perhaps more accurately, what would not be overindulgences for others do feel like overindulgences for me.

i like to drink bc it improves the quality of my life (socially). i can easily not drink, but i find it does help as a catalyst to speed some things up (time is of the essence!), create a more open type of mood, loosen us up, etc. and like i said before, it's a good ritual to go thru with people/new people.

it is a difficult balance trying to lose one's center and finding it again. it seems like an ongoing process that is very necessary, i don't ever want to be solely encapsulated in only myself and my imagined world again. no matter how much i mature/grow up, i'll always be proven wrong time and time again, and rationality is only part of the world's story anyway. various chemicals make your brain talk to itself in new and different ways. how you use that experience to improve yourself and get out of ruts (hardened pathways) and maximize your life is up to you (and yes, many people use them in ways that are not productive or conducive to their own self-development). there's no one size fits all one right answer in life.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i'm currently trying to balance this. i don't think my constitution handles overindulgences well either, yet i continually find myself over-indulging. or perhaps more accurately, what would not be overindulgences for others do feel like overindulgences for me.

I so absolutely have no clue what you are talking about, nor do I understand why you always talk about yourself. But I absolutely DO understand you !!!!

CHEEREOO :cheers:

To lost friends !!!!!!!!!!!!

volland.jpg

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Did the text at the bottom mean: Mister Fighter. One fine beer.?

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I rather enjoy it a lot. I wasn't so big on drinking until I turned 21 a few months ago and, well, I feel like a whole new world has been opened up to me, especially since I mostly hang out with people older than myself anyway. I can go out to clubs and have a good time with friends, or buy some beers to bring over to a friends house for a gathering. I've also been able to experiment and buy alcohol for myself, as I actually enjoy the taste of good wines and beers.

I got really, really sick a couple times in the weeks after I turned 21 (and did some rather stupid things), but other than that it doesn't get out of control. I don't really drink specifically to get drunk, so I've learned to stick with the few things I enjoy. The only hard alcohol I will touch is rum, and if there is only crappy beer around (which there often is, since it's college) the drinking stays to a minimum even if alcohol is readily available. Summers can get a little crazy, but when I have things to do, social situations involving alcohol sit on the back burner.

It definitely energizes and brings the extrovert out in me; social situations are much less draining when I have a little bit of alcohol in my system. Not to say that alcohol is the only thing that will do this, but it almost always will help.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like it. Since turning 21 I've come to really enjoy good beer, and I like to relax and savor one or two when I'm in the mood, just because I like beer and not for the buzz because I don't get one from that amount. I also make wine by the gallon in my closet for much the same purpose.

That's not to say I don't like getting pleasantly intoxicated every now and again. It's just that getting sh*tfaced lost some of its magic after the first semester or so of college.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like it. Since turning 21 I've come to really enjoy good beer, and I like to relax and savor one or two when I'm in the mood, just because I like beer and not for the buzz because I don't get one from that amount. I also make wine by the gallon in my closet for much the same purpose.

That's not to say I don't like getting pleasantly intoxicated every now and again. It's just that getting sh*tfaced lost some of its magic after the first semester or so of college.

this is more or less my take on things. i drink a couple times a week (not heavily), and might go a bit far once every month or two. i like to know just how much i'm consuming: no daiquiris, jungle juice, insidious-fruity-things. i like a good IPA or stout, a good glass of dry red, or a splash of whiskey (with or without coke). it really is a pleasure!

lamp

I drink because I like the taste

I drink because I like the buzz

I drink alone

I drink socially

I drink because I like the altered ways my thoughts present themselves

I drink because I like the sky

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting, very interesting. I am surprised so many people don't imbibe any type of beverage.

For myself, I love alcohol...it brings good memories of being with family and friends. It brings out my extraverted, silly side that only a select few have seen. It brings to the surface my sensual side which is always lurking beneath my cool exterior. I love it, but I don't have to have it.

I enjoy all types of alcohol, but lately I really enjoy a good dirty vodka martini. But then drinking isn't only about consuming a drink, it's a whole social ritual of enjoying the company you are with, and soaking up the ambience.

Cheers!

**God, I hope this doesn't make me sound like a lush**:blush:

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I enjoy all types of alcohol, but lately I really enjoy a good dirty vodka martini.

I feel like I'm the only one I know who drinks and doesn't like these; first time I tried one I threw up...and it was my first drink of the night!:doh:

But then drinking isn't only about consuming a drink, it's a whole social ritual of enjoying the company you are with, and soaking up the ambience.

This. My mothers side of the family is very Italian, so despite the fact that alcoholism has seriously affected my dad's side, alcohol was still very important to our family culture and social rituals. My first glass of wine was at 13, and I would often enjoy drinks with my mother and her family well before I even started college. Then when I got there, alcohol wasn't such a huge deal, as it was just more sharing good times and good drinks with good people.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The last time I drank (last weekend), someone asked if I was on meth. Sort of loopy enough without drinking. So I drink every few months maybe, to appease company usually.

I'm honestly find myself in a constant state of bewilderment by people who line up to fling themselves into that abominable twilight tsunami.