• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Homebodies: too much, not enough???

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
NF's, do you feel that you are too much of a homebody, or do you wish you spent more time at home?

I think that stereotypically, INF's tend to be major homebodies, and ENF's very much "out and about". I was talking with some ENF friends, during separate conversations, and they mentioned how glad they were to be spending more time at home and not constantly surrounded by others and having to "socially participate" in things. While I understand its all about balance, and they probably had just swung too far to the "out and about" extreme, at the time I was initially quite surprised when they said this.

Personally, I've definitely had times when I've felt like I wanted to be doing stuff at home more [so many books to read, so many movies to watch, so many thoughts/musings to ponder!] and other times I've wanted to be out and about [so many trails to hike, so many friends to see or make, so much opportunity fort people watching, so much scenery to go see].

Do you feel like your too much or not enough of a homebody? Do you swing back and forth a lot? Do you have a good balance that you are able to maintain? Are you much more or less of a homebody than you were when you were younger?

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
This couldn't have any better timing!!

I was just laying on my bed, fresh-showered and by all accounts ready to leave the house and celebrate some minor festival going on outside my window with friends who I really like and usually tend to inspire me... and all I could do was close my eyes and feel like I could only inhabit my body 100% while I was right there and knowing that I simply did not desire to leave and that was okay.

That and when you're at home you're never more than 30 minutes away from a fresh batch of muffins and a library of books. :)

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
LOL

a friend was witty enough to convince me a party under the train tracks might only suck a little bit. Look who's raring to go wandering now... :rolleyes:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I get into extremes. There are weeks of "I don't wanna go ANYWHERE unless its an emergency." and then, for a few weeks after that, I'm nearly never at home. I suppose it depends on the moon, the stars, and who's winning the playoffs.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not really. I'm out and about enough on the weekends. During the week, I spend most of my downtime inside playing games or reading.

I am much less of a homebody now than I was even a year ago. That said, when I'm "out and about" it's usually hiking in the middle of nowhere or doing things with one or two other people. I still am not much of the party animal, but I am keen to do/explore anything outside.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get into extremes. There are weeks of "I don't wanna go ANYWHERE unless its an emergency." and then, for a few weeks after that, I'm nearly never at home. I suppose it depends on the moon, the stars, and who's winning the playoffs.

This is how my life goes, but I need major recovery time when I have a packed week. Then I'll have weeks where I hardly leave my apartment (where I live alone) and I get bored & lonely. Ultimately, I love being a homebody, but it would be better to share it with someone sometimes.

I think I have this pattern as a sort of anti-pattern. A regular routine of being home & then being out & about is too rigid for me. I like to go by my mood. Unfortunately, I cannot always make things happen when I want to be out, and I cannot get rid of all obligations when I want to be home.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm such a homebody. I've been making a steady effort at compensation.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not really. I'm out and about enough on the weekends. During the week, I spend most of my downtime inside playing games or reading.

I am much less of a homebody now than I was even a year ago. That said, when I'm "out and about" it's usually hiking in the middle of nowhere or doing things with one or two other people. I still am not much of the party animal, but I am keen to do/explore anything outside.

This just about describes me as well. Except that I take "scenic drives" home from work too.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
For me, it's a mood thing. Lately I've thought of this sort of... inertia, when I'm on a specific mode it's very hard to break through from it and get used to the rhytm again, but once I'm on it, I could go on forever. But as it - inevitably - stops - it's the same, other way around. There's very little middle ground. When I'm gathering my resources, thinking, reflecting etc I hate interruptions - ie, other people's company.

Damn, it's actually annoying to like people so much it drains the ... out of you.

There's never going to be any optimal, but it is about balance.

I'm pretty much the same I've always been. Here and there, everywhere - and nowhere, by myself.

The question?... Oh yeah, I'm a homebody 100 % (in the broadest sense, I'd get bored being inside 4 walls alone).

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm a major homebody, a lot more so now than when I was younger. I'm good with it though...at least for now.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah like kyuuei i have had times where i was out all the time..five nights a week...or whatever...and times where i didn't want to leave the house at all...not even if i really needed something...or hungry and wanted something to eat...just ultra ultra lazy and don't want to answer my phone...or talk to anyone...but...then i have periods where i just have to leave the house to do something...anything.