• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Where to find INFPs

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think a lot of INFP's can mistest as INTP's. Especially if you take the test at school or work, or respond to gender expectations. And a lot of times T questions can ask if you "think" about things, and as INFP's we definitely "think" about things a lot, but usually as some sort of pondering, speculative, contemplative Fi, not as some "I want to make a complete coherent internally consistent logic structure" ala mathematics that Ti does. Also, we come to a decision based upon values and then "think" about how to implement it, and THAT thinking might be much more T, and I believe Te at that.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's all about whether you are a Fi dom or a Ti dom. There's been a recent thread here in the NF idylic about INTP INFP differences. Not surprisingly, INFP's are much more F, and INTP's are much more NT.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought INFP's had Te not Ti, FiNeSiTe right?

They do, but Te is usually the least developed primary fuction for an INFP.

For an INFP, Ti is usually very messy and for an INTP, Fi is not to be trusted if it can't be rationalized.

I often test INTP, more so than INFP, but after much self-analysis and taking into account my swirling inner emotions & staunch idealism, I realized I am INFP. The overall profile and functions fit me much better. INTP always felt "wrong". I admit, I cried the first time I took the test and got INTP :blushing:

I've found INTPs can be full of feeling and emotion, but they don't trust their feelings if they can't be justified with logical reasoning. I like to think that INTPs would be much more passionate, and even happier, if the trusted their Fi instead of trying so hard to kill it.

I may be seaching for proof that there are INTPs with developed Fi...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I often test INTP, more so than INFP, but after much self-analysis and taking into account my swirling inner emotions & staunch idealism, I realized I am INFP. The overall profile and functions fit me much better. INTP always felt "wrong". I admit, I cried the first time I took the test and got INTP :blushing:

Dear me, that happened the first time I encountered Mbti *the test was over-simplified*, but I didn't cry about it. I just sat there perplexed, thinking "This doesn't make sense, clearly the system isn't effective and must be based on false premises."

*changes type forthwith!*

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I found 2 online and I wonder how many I knew in college.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
hmm, there must be other INF videogamers besides me out there :(

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Req - do we get to pick which of the two personality types or enn types we want you to be? (your signature)

Unique

So um... how could you meet in a library though... I thought there was that whole no talking thing going on... haha :D

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Req - do we get to pick which of the two personality types or enn types we want you to be? (your signature)

i consider myself a mix of both, why would you have to choose? :huh:

seriously though, when looking at descriptions for both, it always seems like half of the things from each applies to me

so for now, i am both ;)

edit: unless you disagree of course

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2 Small Dive Bars/Clubs/Pubs (esp. with music)
2 Renaissance Fair / Sca Tavern
2 Playing Music (especially guitar, in a quiet place alone - vague)
2 Gardens
2 Downtown / City Areas
2 Danceclub / Bar with Friend
2 Anime Conventions/Clubs
2 Walking Dog
2 The Beach
2 Indie Films
2 Farmer’s Markets
2 Dance Lessons (esp swing dancing)

I'll be doing that tonight...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INFPs like environments where they're able to be observant and notice what's around them without being too distracted by interactions with others.

this seems very true to me. Fi finds comfort in situations and interactions in an internally funded way. seems much more content to find closeness while being alone together w/ another, that they can make that leap to connect with someone or understand that person very easily when they are ready for it/in the mood to engage. but at times nothing needs to be said other than the warmth shared from one good person to another that loosely connects us all.

especially those heavier deeply introverted in-the-past FiSi infps. they can spend a lot of time ruminating and working thru the past and organizing/weighing out all of their subjective experiences, whereas Ne snaps them into the present and opens up new doors for them. Te helps with this as well, more about pairing down the possibilities and moving forward more linearly, more directed toward a specific outcome.

So um... how could you meet in a library though... I thought there was that whole no talking thing going on... haha :D

they can see your intentions better than you do. and they know how that fits or does not fit with what they value in this world/who they are as a person.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
It's all in the eyes :newwink:
:cheese:

lol I do that too..."me and him just had some serious eye conversations...we must be from the same planet, and are just on our own missions here on earth...and our missions just collided..." or is that just me? heh...:D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm on a boat!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
In another thread, it was asked where one could come across INFPs. So, besides the internet, where are these romantic yet elusive creatures hiding?

I went through some threads on INFPgc and one here and came up with some answers. Posters mentioned specific places where they could be found somewhat frequently, or suggestions of where to find other INFPs.

In total, there were answers from only approx. 45 individuals, and a lot of it is predictable, but I thought it would give an idea of where INFPs are likely to be found. There's definitely patterns of books, art, music, causes, and quiet places to reflect.

Answers:

14 Library
11 Bookstores
10 Coffee Shops/Cafes
9 Walking Alone (observing things like flowers & buildings, when its raining)
8 Parks (alone on bench, with a book, people watching, cloudy days when no one is out)
8 Concerts/Gigs (esp alone)
8 Home (alone with blinds down, hiding in room alone playing music, alone reading, etc)

7 School/Class (esp. art, philosophy, psychology, religion, language, literature)
6 Discussion Groups or Seminars (ie. books, philosophy, politics)
6 Parties (people watching, being reserved, enjoying music, or dancing)

5 Places For People Watching
5 Museums (esp alone, and esp art)

4 Volunteering
4 Grocery Store/Market
4 Record Store
4 Art Exhibitions
4 Spiritual Groups/Centers/ Church

3 Playing Sports / Physical Activity (esp rock climbing)
3 Nature / Outdoors (vague)
3 College Marching Band / Orchestra / Choir
3 Work
3 Activist Groups (ie. environmentalism)
3 Yoga Class
3 Swimming (esp. somewhere “not crowded)
3 Restaurants (esp locally owned, not trendy chain)
3 Health & Organic Food Stores
3 Movies
3 Gym
3 Where Other People Are Not Around (vague)

2 Small Dive Bars/Clubs/Pubs (esp. with music)
2 Renaissance Fair / Sca Tavern
2 Playing Music (especially guitar, in a quiet place alone - vague)
2 Gardens
2 Downtown / City Areas
2 Danceclub / Bar with Friend
2 Anime Conventions/Clubs
2 Walking Dog
2 The Beach
2 Indie Films
2 Farmer’s Markets
2 Dance Lessons (esp swing dancing)

1 mention of each: Vocal / Singing Lessons, Traveling, Poetry Readings, Plays / Musicals, Playing With Their Band, Nanowrimo Write-Ins, Meditating, Lake, Jogging, Hiking , Furniture Stores/ Design Exhibitions, Friend’s House, Festivals, and Camping.

Nothing could be anymore true.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rofl1:

Any good INFP should know sign language for those days at the library ;]
:rofl1: