• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, do you believe in astrology?

NFs, do you believe in astrology?

• Total voters

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i don't disbelieve in astrology..
as someone who sees a synchronous universe,i'd like to think that all life is cosmologically connected in some way.. astrology may or may not have anything to do with that..
systems may be divised by people.. that doesn't always make them wrong.. they are however, usually very flawed..

that said, i do astrology charts for my friends. it's usually a good way to start with personality-related discussion.

i've been working on correlations between MBTI and natal charts..so far a few things have stuck out (but not a comprehensive table for all 16 types. if and when i finish this i will post it here..)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a water pig!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
NFs, what is your opinion of astrology?

I find astrology pretty interesting. Though I am skeptical of is accuracy like other NTs, it is nevertheless a system that classifies personality.

I suppose I believe in it a little bit. Let's just say I couldn't easily toss it aside. It has intriguing symbolism.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I do enjoy reading birth charts. I don't think they're totally accurate... or can explain why twins can be polar opposites despite having the same chart... but it seems like there's "something" there.

Granted, I'm probably mostly skeptical because I went in and out of my "Leo" phase when I was five years old... and that ended that.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a water pig!

lynn-stone-pig-standing-in-water.jpg

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
no its of the devil!:devil:

also very vague and generalized. Aries: You are going to eat today.

OMGZZZZ

luvfreedom

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5/6w
I believe that all things work together. If the Almanac has much to do with the atmosphere's effect on the land and animals, I don't find myself immune to that same energy.

The planets affect us all in strange ways, which means they also have and influence on how we feel and behave.

Astrology is the psychology of the universe, which ties into the psychology of the human mind. More babies are born during the full moon; also there is more activity in the emergency rooms over all during this time.

The moon affects the sea, the sun affects the earth. We are water and earth, which does not exclude the universe's effect on us.

We are not seperate from the cosmos.

S

Sniffles

I have an interest in it, but overall I don't take it seriously.

P

Phantonym

I can't vote on the poll, I feel too restricted by the options.

I have an interest in it, but overall I don't take it seriously.

I'd mostly have to agree with Peguy.

Although I can relate with many things said about my astrological sign, it's more like fun reading material than something I consider to be an absolute.
It's the same with MBTI. I can now add it to saying "Oh, sometimes I'm so Taurus+INFJ" :laugh:

I read the little stubs at the back of the papers. If they're funny, I'll laugh, if they're not, meh. I tend to forget them on the spot. I certainly don't consider living by them.

luvfreedom

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5/6w
I can't vote on the poll, I feel too restricted by the options.

I'd mostly have to agree with Peguy.

Although I can relate with many things said about my astrological sign, it's more like fun reading material than something I consider to be an absolute.
It's the same with MBTI. I can now add it to saying "Oh, sometimes I'm so Taurus+INFJ" :laugh:

I read the little stubs at the back of the papers. If they're funny, I'll laugh, if they're not, meh. I tend to forget them on the spot. I certainly don't consider living by them.

That is sooo far from real astrology. That is probably why you find it funny. I never read those things.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I like astrology, it's another fine example of human uncertainty that was designed through the essence of boredom... And in some way I do believe that other planets and stars do have a constant, subtle effect on our psychology, via the various frequencies emitted by them at any given time, regardless of their location in the universe, and for the objects with the most influence, that varies on how close they are to us... It's all relative!

As for pretending that animal depictions in the sky are the things responsible for "true love, and/or prosperity" based on their alignments... They're just stars!

luvfreedom

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5/6w
It's nowhere near as rational, that's for sure...

It doesn't stop me from wondering what everyone's sign is, though, and buying into some of the finer points like ascendants, venuses and moons and things. On some level it's a study that almost every culture has pursued at some point, so wether or not it's actually valid (measurable) it's so ancient (intrinsically human?) that it might have some truth... (and I know I love my own chart -- go Sagittarius rising/Gemini moon/Pisces sun! = trinity of Mutable signs, woo!)

I have a friend who's a lot more into it than I am, and she can tell you of whole dimensions of information that trained astrologers are supposed to keep in mind while drawing charts and things. Nodes and retrogrades and aspects and well my mind just kinda goes *spuh* at that point.

Buddhists use it too! :D

Oh my goodness! You sound like you have a lot of passion going on in your chart. What a free spirit with that Gem/Moon and Sag/rising. No one should ever try to put chains on you, that's for sure. But I'm sure Pisces makes sure you get your fair share of LOVE.

Thanks for sharing!

Cancer rising
Gemini sun
Aquarius moon

P

Phantonym

That is sooo far from real astrology. That is probably why you find it funny. I never read those things.

:laugh: Yes, I know, it's purely for the lolz. But reading comprehensive texts from people who actually know a great deal about astrology is interesting.

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't really, but then again I couldn't be anything else but Sagittarius, none of the other descriptions come close. And I get the horoscopes from Free Will Astrology sent to my mailbox every week because Will Brezsny is awesome, whether you buy into astrology or not.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well then, what is your view of astrology in comparison to the MBTI?
Which do you feel is more accurate and have more validity?

Personality of course is not written in the stars. Nevertheless, each planet represents an archetype personality.

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
More of a hopeful agnostic, on the basis
that X-thousand years of personality
observation is likely to capture something
of the true essence. I think the overall
aims of the personality might relate to
astrological definition, while MBTI function
defines the approach to more discrete
objectives, or astrology might define the