• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Two ENFPs

I know two ENFPs by means of the internet and phone calls.

ENFP 1 - I met her many years ago and ended up telling her something that was a big deal at the time. She actually had experience with this same thing, so that worked out good. She would call me on the phone back back when I fiirst moved here and had no friends and no internet connection. That was nice. There was absolutely no physical attraction on my part, so we have always been just friends. In recent years she's been really annoying. After I learned about the MBTI and tried to type her,I really had a lot of trouble figuring out what her type was until one day she took a test and told me. I was confused because she was so annoying, I figured she had to be an S. Then one day I read an ENFP profile that said, "They are so perceptive in the moment that they read and mirror the other person's mood, the meanings of the other person's behavior, and when they're on, they're really right and everything feels in sync. The downside is they can make a lot of assumptions and projections that are sometimes really wrong." That last sentence is exactly what she does, and it annoys me sooooooo much because she should know better. Not only does she make bad assumptions, but she suggests I do stuff that is against my will and should know better than to suggest these things. These days I avoid talking to her, and she's said something about it and how it doesn't make sense cause we've known each other for 8 years. I'm sorry. These days she annoys the crap out of me, and I don't care if we've known each other for 8 years.

ENFP 2 - I met her about two years ago and talked to her whenever she happened to be around. We always liked talking to each other. Recently, we've been talking on the phone a lot, and it works out really good because she doesn't care if I'm quiet. This profile in front of me says, "Interested in everything about individuals and their stories as long as they are genuine." I think she likes talking to me because of that, because I'm really honest and genuine. I really like talking to her too. I wish she'd call RIGHT NOW. She's just a friend, and that's what she's always gonna be. She's really helpful to me, definitely a healer type.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
this ive thought about.
we dont focus on the weaknesses too much, i would rather comment on a strong point than a weak one .(unless its really bad, and for me its about tact in these situ's, again, because i have feelings, everyone else has them too)

INTPs don't have feelings. We are machines. We do not feel pain. We only create pain. :D

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
and they sometimes make lousy liars....

;)

I'm good at the straight face stuff, but bad at keeping my story straight and believable.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to be fluffier (or F-er). I was an excellent writer, and an excellent poet, because of this. But now that I've become all heart-of-stone and cold hard factual girl, I think I've lost the touch. Nothing I write is interesting anymore. Writing poetry has no appeal to me anymore.

Maybe it's because I haven't gotten enough emotional exercise this year. Nothing's really been able to jerk my heartstrings these days.

Dammit...

Something bad had better happen to me or I'll lose my emo skills for good.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I used to be fluffier (or F-er). I was an excellent writer, and an excellent poet, because of this. But now that I've become all heart-of-stone and cold hard factual girl, I think I've lost the touch. Nothing I write is interesting anymore. Writing poetry has no appeal to me anymore.

Maybe it's because I haven't gotten enough emotional exercise this year. Nothing's really been able to jerk my heartstrings these days.

Dammit...

Something bad had better happen to me or I'll lose my emo skills for good.

I used to write some poetry. I wasn't great at it. Most of it was fueled by negative thoughts and emotions. I did write some stuff in my early Christian days (18-19 y.o.) that wasn't so negative.

Anyway. I think you're the worst NF here and should be banned from this forum. I don't actually mean what I'm saying, but I'm trying to make you feel bad so you can go write poetry. Yes, the end justifies the means.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever, noob. *points at your post count*

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My low post count is based on having a real life and being the life of the party and other wonderful stuff like that. Yes, it's hard to keep up with all the girls that are into me. I get like 10 new numbers a day. :D

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Hey, I don't do this. :shock:

What's there to steer to anyways? Hmm...

But what about Ne?

What is there to steer? well quite a lot if you want information, just as an example. You might even steer a conversation in a direction helpful to the person you're talking with, letting the realise something.

What about Ne? are you saying Ne would make this impossible? I think Ne would be helpful.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I really enjoy helping people answer their own questions by making them think it through and talk it through, is this a normal ENFP thing ya'll?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENFP's Unite!

It's so nice hearing from other ENFP's -- you GET IT! I always liked personality testing but it's just a nice change of pace to hear from people who experience and interact with the world on an instinctual level in similar ways.

I totally understand about the 'volatile emotions' (my friends say that I am manic and and I often act like I am drunk when I haven't had any alcohol.. I also have a crazy but sporadic temper).

As for manipulating people...I think for ENFP's what other people call 'manipulation' we would just call 'getting it' and getting people. It just comes so naturally... But I know at least for myself with my intense sense of right and wrong and extreme dislike of controlling or being controlled -- I would never try to make someone do soemthing detrimental. I agree with another poster though, that sometimes I might try to help someone help themselves...or me. :)

And drifting in and out of people's lives -- OMG, I thought this was just me! this is actually a problem for me and so true! I'm afraid that I'm overstepping my bounds or someone doesn't really like me just tolerating me, etc. etc. etc. and so I back off. I dont' really push most relationships, I let them happen. I have a lot of acquaintances and my INTP friend says that 'most people like me/ I get along with most people' but there's not a lot of people I feel comfortable really spending a nice evening out with.

I love this! I wanna hear more from other ENFP's and other types on their thoughts on ENFPs!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is there to steer? well quite a lot if you want information, just as an example. You might even steer a conversation in a direction helpful to the person you're talking with, letting the realise something.

What about Ne? are you saying Ne would make this impossible? I think Ne would be helpful.

Oh..I see, I see. But I can't imagine doing this all the time..like in regular conversation.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Any other ENFP's come on too strong at the beginning of a relationship, or feel like they are smothering the person and scare themselves into running away?

I am at that point now after the girl and I had some signals crossed tonight... we'll see where I stand in the morning but right now I feel like she is tired of me even though she has not said this or given any real implication of it. Sigh... being me is frusterating! (I am feeling really really heartbroken/depressed right now...)