• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ick.. an sj?? oh no please can't we just settle on an NJ? or maybe an NP? yes yes, defo another NP would work best... ;)
Ah well, everyone's different.
I probably shouldn't have said what I did.

A lot of INTJs think they want to be married to another INTJ!
I have always been attracted to Ps and have been married to an ISTP for 25 years!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have always been attracted to Ps and have been married to an ISTP for 25 years!

Hey Non, PT, check this out! :D

Celtinfj

MBTI Type
iNFj
I have a wonderful female enfp who is into extreme sports, as well as being a pediatrician. She said they were typed in school and she was the only enfp in her class. She has also talked about her problems with procrastination, and though she's in a really committed relationship now, it took a while to get there. She had a tendency of running away until he pinned her down :) I do know her to be an extremely loving and honest friend, really open and down to earth.

I'm getting to know a male enfp as well, and I must say I'm intrigued. He has said that we have conversations longer than any he's ever had with anyone in which there are no disagreements. He said this before I knew his type, but it led me to believe that conflict is very difficult for him. We're keeping it light for now, but yeah, I'm interested. I want to see if he's a 'grass is greener' type. I certainly hope not!

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh wow. I love this thread.

We are amazing, I'm not gonna lie. That being said however there are several things about us you should know. We aim to please and are like chameleons in social situations. Little children love me. Old people love me. Everyone loves me. I know of only one person in this world who doesn't like me and it is because I had to take him aside and tell him in very plain english that I couldn't stand to be around him anymore and that I never wanted to talk to him again.
On that note let me say this and let me use Ocean's 13 to help me illustrate...
At the end of the movie Danny(clooney) says to Al Pacino's character "I know all of the same people you'd send after me and they like me better."
Don't piss off an ENFP inside a group of friends because I can almost guarantee that the ENFP will find a way to put you out of the group, we can extremely manipulative when we find the need to be.

As far as our feelings go, I am stepping out on a limb here because I am going based on my own experiences and not knowing the types of almost any of my friends I am just guessing based off of the typology reports I've read that I am stereotypical ENFP. But I digress,
I can take a lot of hits from alot of directions at the same time. In high school I was the kid to make fun, not because there was anything to make fun but because everyone loved me and knew they could kid around with me without me breaking. We have an amazing ability to take whatever life throws at us and run with it in the moment but we do need time to recharge and that is usually alone time or with our significant other. We demand physical attention, though we don't verbally express it. We try to will others to love us and to touch us. If I am right then I think most ENFP's, no matter the age, still believe/wish that they could mentally communicate with others, especially the one they love.
We have such a myriad of emotions and often I think when going into a relationship we express them too quickly and scare others away. I am about to embark into a relationship with an INFJ and I am scared stiff that I will scare her, I just need love!

We are equally as comfortable online as we are in real life and I think that we are more capable than others at portraying ourselves with words. I have never been in an uncomfortable situation with strangers or friends though I do tire of situations sometimes. Not uncomfortable, just bored or annoyed.

We hate hate hate being told what to do. If you ask nicely and I know you are going to reward me with love then there is a good chance I'll do it relatively quick, if it's just doing something for the sake of doing something, forget it.

I like sleeping naked, just thought I'd bounce that one off ya'll and see if it resonates.

I love the outdoors and feel very connected to nature and the universe as a whole. I worry about the destruction of foreign cultures before I can see them and my biggest fear is that the world will "globalize" before I can see everything in it's uniqueness, without blaring yellow arches and big box stores.

We secretly worry about other's perceptions of us and often feel like we aren't as popular as we are.

We are storytellers and often use it to try and help other people move forward.

We'd like for all of our friends to understand why exploring is so essential to life.

hmmm that's all I can think of right now. I'm going to be watching this thread carefully now that I have found this community!

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I agree with most in your post. Great post, btw.

Sleeping naked - Yeah. But for me it's all or nothing - just as often I'll fall asleep on my couch fully clothed, when I've overexhausted myself into a sort of blackout.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
sleeping naked....

Why on earth do people get undressed(normal clothes), and then dressed again(pj's) to go to sleep??

;)

Congratulations!!!

No you were fine to post whatever you liked, i'm only joking about the gulf in world view between an SJ and an NP. I think an SJ/NP match is one of the most difficult to overcome. (plus i'm an NP and I'm dating an NP... going rather well actually, even if i do say so myself!! Though we are sometimes late out of the door... ;))

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
lol good responses....

um yes sleeping without clothing is most comfortable

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
...We are storytellers and often use it to try and help other people move forward...!
Your post has made me rethink if my 13 year old son is really an ENFJ.
Are ENFs in general storytellers?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ahha! I know! Why pj's!?! I just never understood that.
You are totally right about all or nothing when it comes to clothes though.

God, I love being an ENFP. Except for when I don't.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ENFPs are surely easy to love, at least the ones I know.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've had a couple of ENFP friends with whom I've laughed for hours on end. We literally killed ourselves laughing so hard our abs were hurting. ENFP's are funny...

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Is it just me or is the emotion always teetering on the extreme edge? You know extremely funny, extremely happy, extremely hurt, extremely sad, extremely in love..... Just complete extreme?

Or is that just my mood today? Insight?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
No I think we are pretty volatile. I know my emotions are out of whack pretty regularly.

Like last night, I was supposed to go out with this girl and so I drove to her side of town to await her call, I chilled in a starbucks parking lot.....for TWO hours. Then I hit up a bar a friend was working at and waited another hour. It was the first time I was able to control myself from not leaving a bajillion messages and freaking out. I wasn't angry at all, I knew deep down that I had not been stood up because she's a friend first but I was teetering between being extremely worried and hurt that she hadn't tried harder to get ahold of me, but I was mostly just worried.

Ok so that story had nothing to do with where my thought train was headed... But yeah, volatile emotions.

p.s. she ended up just being really sick and had left her cell phone at her folks place. No worries, today is a redo!

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
Is it just me or is the emotion always teetering on the extreme edge? You know extremely funny, extremely happy, extremely hurt, extremely sad, extremely in love..... Just complete extreme?

Or is that just my mood today? Insight?

my emotions tend to be intense, and if i'm not quick enough they take me over.
:doh: i have noticed though, that at the extreme, it then turns into its opposite

take yesterday for example. i was trying to book into a hotel, the guys who owned it couldnt speak a word of english, (even though it was in england!) and i had already booked into it last week. me and my friend were at our wits end trying to communicate with the owners and getting nowhere. i found it so funny likening it to faulty towers and it got even funnier, eventually things got so complicated that i had to leave the building in fits of laughter. then me and my friend had to find somewhere else and i got so depressed i nearly cried

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't ever get sad anymore, just melancholy. But I laugh at EVERYTHING.
The week of July 2nd, my week started with performing CPR on a dying lady and ultimately not being able to save her, coming down with pneumonia from the stress, finding out that I somehow contracted TB and that a one-night-stand girl that she was pregnant.
I laughed my way through all of it, it was too hilarious not too, like a bad soap opera. If I get physically hurt, I start cracking up. When things go wrong, I laugh.
Eventually though I turn melancholy and retreat from the world to ponder.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
Don't piss off an ENFP inside a group of friends because I can almost guarantee that the ENFP will find a way to put you out of the group, we can extremely manipulative when we find the need to be.

:shock:
i have never been like this. i respect other people too much to try and force/manipulate people to dislike someone. i may ask an oppinion about someones behaviour, and agree or diagree, but i never been known to influence anyone, in fact, i've been known to leave a circle of friends first if i dislike someone enough.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
such is life then, abstract and confusing and full of mixed emotion and people are suppose to break through the thick black wall and understand us....

damn now don't I just feel like a mess... married to an entp who is quickly becoming bored of me after almost 15yrs yet doesn't want to admit it wow,,, ain't life just grand. Yeah hear my sarcasm loud and clear *sigh* :cry:

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I guess I exagerated that a bit. I've never actually manipulated someone out of a group but there was an instance where someone in a group didn't fit very well and kept butting heads with me to the point of me telling him to stop talking to me, the first person ever in my life. He ended up being ostrized from the group we were both a part of. Though other people had beef with him as well.
So Yeah, just cancel that out, I've never done that.