• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey - I'm kindof new to the whole forum thing, as well as to typologycentral.com however i just want to say a few things in reference to what an ENFP is like. Waaaaaay back at the beginning of this thread someone suggested that ENFPs are introverted extroverts. this is not necessarily true, rather we are introspective extroverts, in that we take time out to reflect on ourselves on life etc. I think it is true that one of the main reasons there is not always a lot on ENFPs is that we are constantly searching expanding and developing our knowledge of ourselves. Whilst we do have short attention spans its more to do with our love of diversity and novelty than an insult to the individual. We are definitely philosophical charming and free spirited; whilst many ENFPs can be quite different from each other, i would say that these three things hold true, added to that the fact that we are all either overtly or subconsiously searching for a universe truth, knowledge and understanding of the world. we are definitely trying to understand, find more meanings, plumb the deepest depths. some ENFPs may be more pragmatic, more anchored that others, but i think a characteristic trait of NFs is that they are idealists and up in the air, however obviously XNFPs are more so than XNFJs. Also I've noticed in a few ENFPs, not just me, that we can have extreme highs and drastic lows, to call them mood swings would almost in my opinion trivial the mental and emotional soars and slumps that move like pendulum swings. As an ENFP when I am excited or having fun I can feel on top of the world, particularly if I feel that there is a sense of significant meaning in what I am doing, but at the same time when things are going even slightly badly or really badly, automatically i sweep into a black cloud of pessissism that stays there for what can feel like an eternity. And yes, ENFPs are extremely sensitive but often do not show it, if I may be so presumptious, I would say they are the most sensitive of the NFs in that they put so much faith in friendship and people's judgements that when they are let down or treated badly it can be exceptionally painful and they will not show it because they to a certain extent however warm and genuinely caring they are, they do at times keep people at an arm's length emotionally or at least act that way, in order to save themselves from being hurt later on.

Lol, that was quite an essay for a first post -
x

btw quick question - any ENFPs who are also Enneagram Type 7s?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
great first post 7thsomebody. i totally agree with it.

and yeeeeah baby, i'm a 7 too!
t7xhappy.gif

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
wow! awesome! the only other ENFP whose enneagram I know of is a type 2, which I can relate to in many ways, but is not me as much as a type 7. However I am curious, do you ever feel like you share a lot with type 4s in the enneagram?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a 7. And I've always greatly identified with Lady X's posts. Funny.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow! awesome! the only other ENFP whose enneagram I know of is a type 2, which I can relate to in many ways, but is not me as much as a type 7. However I am curious, do you ever feel like you share a lot with type 4s in the enneagram?
i do yeah... but i see the differences too. they seem a bit more intense...i like it but i feel less so and my wing is 8 and i identify with that more than i do 4.

I'm a 7. And I've always greatly identified with Lady X's posts. Funny.

and that's cool elaur...backatcha. :smile:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ErinAvery compelled me to take the enneagram, and I'm a Type 2, with a wing of 8 and 4 in a dead tie. I don't know what that means, in context to other ENFP's. Is that common?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey lady..i don't think i talked to ya since you took it. type 2 huh? i can't recall any other type two enfps on here...hmmm...there's a thread somewhere...haha...actually just remembered i may have even started it haha

i'll have to go look. i can't remember what type 2 is. so i'll look at that too. :)

edit:
here's a link to that thread.
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rices/12571-enfp-s-what-s-your-enneagram.html

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
PS I just created a similar thread with a poll attached and merged it with Lady X's thread - so now you can vote! ^^

I am a 7w6. Enneagram is tricky with the wings and it took me forever to figure it out. I tested strongly as 2 before Lady Jaye - and frankly it made me mad. I was going through some super emotional things at the time and feeling taken advantage of, so I think that had something to do with it. I also have tested as 4 and disliked the 'emo' label. I tested originally as 7 but it seemed so cliche and I thought it was more a coming of age thing - most 'youngins' have a "seven like" period in their lives and I wanted to be grown.

Sooooo, basically after a lot of re-testing and reading on type, I think 7 is a safe bet.

I wish I were more 7 w 8 and that is bossy, in your face, and more classic ENFJ (haha) like but I am 7 w 6 and the description fits me well, especially the "a lot of comedians are 7 w 6" as we soften and redirect the harsher and scarier aspects of life through humor and reframing and underplay a sentinel like vigilance to life.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ErinAvery compelled me to take the enneagram, and I'm a Type 2, with a wing of 8 and 4 in a dead tie. I don't know what that means, in context to other ENFP's. Is that common?

I kind of go back and forth between type 2 and 7.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am a 7w6 as well. Not surprising Cze Cze since you and I are psychological twins and all...

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
If cheating goes against the principles of the ENFP (and I think it's against the principles of most people), they will not do it. This behavior is not an issue with a mature ENFP.

mature ENFPs (with highly developed Fi) can have very strong moral values that impose some restraint.

If it is against his values to cheat, he may simply drop the relationship and opt for the other. I have been guilty of this several times myself, and it is not much more morally sensible than the former.

And OP, ENFP's are talked about ALL the time. ENFP's and INT's i think are the three most talked about on this forum, and S types are rightly ignored altogether.:devil:

To add to the thread in a more constructive way, I am told sometimes that someone is checking his own behavior, as they believe that I am dissecting them. In truth, I am dissecting them. I have studied psychology for some time, and while I can't help but notice constant patterns of behavior emerging, so are these categorized into possible meanings according to psychological theory and patterns that I have noticed myself. But, contrary to what they believe, (evident by the fact that they are apprehensive before me), I am not judging them by any means. Only recognizing and categorizing behavior.
Last night at dinner a new acquaintance said, "I feel like you are studying or reading me, do you study psychology? [paraphrased:] and so I am apprehensive about my own words and actions." I was a bit taken back, and perhaps I should have reassured him that I am not psychoanalyzing...just eating pasta. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I replied:

"Are you hiding something"?

"No"

"Then why the apprehension?"

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
..... I am told sometimes that someone is checking his own behavior, as they believe that I am dissecting them. In truth, I am dissecting them. I have studied psychology for some time, and while I can't help but notice constant patterns of behavior emerging, so are these categorized into possible meanings according to psychological theory and patterns that I have noticed myself. But, contrary to what they believe, (evident by the fact that they are apprehensive before me), I am not judging them by any means. Only recognizing and categorizing behavior.

Yeah, I can relate to this 100%.

Fortunately, it seems like most people I know sense that I'm not judging them.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
PS I just created a similar thread with a poll attached and merged it with Lady X's thread - so now you can vote! ^^

I am a 7w6. Enneagram is tricky with the wings and it took me forever to figure it out. I tested strongly as 2 before Lady Jaye - and frankly it made me mad. I was going through some super emotional things at the time and feeling taken advantage of, so I think that had something to do with it. I also have tested as 4 and disliked the 'emo' label. I tested originally as 7 but it seemed so cliche and I thought it was more a coming of age thing - most 'youngins' have a "seven like" period in their lives and I wanted to be grown.

Sooooo, basically after a lot of re-testing and reading on type, I think 7 is a safe bet.

I wish I were more 7 w 8 and that is bossy, in your face, and more classic ENFJ (haha) like but I am 7 w 6 and the description fits me well, especially the "a lot of comedians are 7 w 6" as we soften and redirect the harsher and scarier aspects of life through humor and reframing and underplay a sentinel like vigilance to life.

Well now I feel like the weirdo ENFP. LOL. You may be on to something about the stress aspect, but I tested so strongly as a Two, I'm kind of surprised.

I kind of go back and forth between type 2 and 7.

That makes me feel a little better. lol Seven wasn't even in my top three! I had eight and four in a dead tie. Is there something odd about it not even showing up?!

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
my wing is 8 and i identify with that more than i do 4.
My wing is 8 too, however I have found that during epsiodes of depression etc I often type as a four, and I read somewhere that type 7s often do mistype as fours, courtesy of the shared sense of melancholy both can feel. I can be pretty assertive so I understand why my wing would be 8 but often I do feel as emotionally intense and as curiously unrelatable and different/isolated as a "typical" type four may feel.

I'm confused, the wing is supposed to be how much you relate to the types on either side, or so I was led to believe. Being a type 7 I can be either 7 wing 6 or 7 wing 8, I am baffled as to how you could be a type 2 with a wing four or a wing 8, both are too far away. what website was this?

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
i noticed that enfp's have a way of interpreting circumstances, that can manipulate the thoughts of the person they choose as long as that person was involved in those circumstances.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm confused, the wing is supposed to be how much you relate to the types on either side, or so I was led to believe. Being a type 7 I can be either 7 wing 6 or 7 wing 8, I am baffled as to how you could be a type 2 with a wing four or a wing 8, both are too far away. what website was this?

It was something Jeffster threw at me. I have no idea which one, but I can ask. The way it was stated on the site, your highest score was your primary type, and your next highest score was your wing.

Chloe

the best description of ENFP I've red is "ENFPs will make up excuse to talk to you, to study you from close" LOL. so true :D I do that all the time. i just need to know about somebody everything, people just fascinate me.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmmm, can you explain?

It's the way they choose to interpret it. Like for instance I would be with an ENFP and say well what do you want to do? They would say I don't know or care. Then I'd suggest somewhere and we'd go. If they did not have a good time then they'd blame me for dragging them out when in fact they weren't forced to come. They can victimize themselves in quite the convincing fashion and say that they are not the one's at fault. Kind of like Heidegger's (sp) inauthentic person, stating that they are just victims of life and they have little or no control. BUT I know an ENFP who I respect a lot and he is truly a champion.