• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Males

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
my enfp buddy

1 test - estp
2 test - entp
3 test - entp

then i made him read enfp description and he couldnt argue

Sh0t

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm an ENFP male, only 10% on the F side of F/T, though.

The descriptions of ENFPs sound so much like me, it's scary.

I've tested as ENFP ever since junior high, 28 years old at present.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Welcome to the hell of biased self-consciousness, Sh0t.

StephMC939 : What do you mean by "guarded" exactly?

thisGuy : I tested as ESTP once and ENTP quite a few times. I've also noticed that some male friends of mine I would swear were Fs, tested as Ts. Now, I'm not saying they are in fact Fs, but I know a lot of guys probably have a hard time accepting their feeling side in some way. That doesn't mean your friend is ENFP though, of course.

I'm an ENFP male, though I don't always feel like an E. More of an xNFP. Maybe it's just because the ENFP I know is a girl and very bubbly and excited.

How different people behave and how their Eness manifests, differs a lot. I'm certainly not bubbly or excited most of the time, and there are lots of other ENFPs that aren't either.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3 of my closest friends are ENFP males. This describes each of them perfectly and uniquely.

They're amazing people. Very sensitive, VERY fun and occasionally kind of stressful :D

As far as my experience goes, you ENFP guys aren't that rare, but you sure are lovely individuals. I wouldn't trade these friendships for anything! :heart:

Well, I'll return the favor.

I am attracted to INFJs. They are seclusive, mysterious, deep, and curious and they really steal my breath.

If I were to ever marry, it'd be with an INFJ. :jew:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
the more I'm surprised by how soft/tender he is when it's just you and him. It's more than I am

I once tried to help an ENFP male by telling him what he was doing wrong. I saw his little Fi heart break. I was like awwww :wubbie:. Then I was like o-ow...I don't know how to reverse this *helpless*.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I once tried to help an ENFP male by telling him what he was doing wrong. I saw his little Fi heart break. I was like awwww :wubbie:. Then I was like o-ow...I don't know how to reverse this *helpless*.
Warning: Before reading this post, please don some form of UV protection. Long term exposure to the AWESOMENESS of the ENFP has been known to cause blindness, diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, and even death. Please proceed reading at your own risk.

You've obviously mistyped him. We can do no wrong, for we are AWESOME INCARNATE! You feel THAT? Do YOU FEEL IT! That's our AWESOMENESS seeping through this thread, and into YOU!

*spills his drink across the keyboard, hits his head on the monitor, and electrocutes himself" AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
StephMC939 : What do you mean by "guarded" exactly?

Again, only basing this off one ENFP guy I know and one ENFP girl I know... When I'm brought around his friends, I sense that they view him as silly, funny, almost light-hearted and outgoing guy. I only rarely get to see that side of him. Sometimes I got the feeling he was (and still is) trying too hard to be deep and serious with me, when really...? I love to play! Cut loose with me! I like having in-depth conversations too, but sometimes it's a too-serious over-load. Especially when it leads to too emotional of subjects. I guess that isn't what people typically see as "guarded" but what I mean is I felt like he was guarding certain sides of him from me.... when I wanted to see all sides, silly included. :p My ENFP sister doesn't ever seem to have a problem showing any of her sides.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
That sounds quite true for myself. Probably because there are so many SJ's out there. When an SP sees my fun/silly/crazy side their reaction is :D then :party: . When an SJ sees that side they are like :shock: then :dont: .

That's why I love ExxP's and ISxP's. They know how to have fun and I love to have fun too.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Warning: Before reading this post, please don some form of UV protection. Long term exposure to the AWESOMENESS of the ENFP has been know to cause blindness, diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, and even death. Please proceed reading at your own risk.

You've obviously mistyped him. We can do no wrong, for we are AWESOME INCARNATE! You feel THAT? Do YOU FEEL IT! That's our AWESOMENESS seeping through this thread, and into YOU!

*spills his drink across the keyboard, hits his head on the monitor, and electrocutes himself" AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Fifi!

Where did I say you weren't awesome? :D

*kisses the frog and revives him*

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?

Lol yeah, a few times I've sat listening to one of his opinion rages when suddenly I perk up and disagree with him entirely on something, and he goes from hardcore to stuttering in 60 nanoseconds :D.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Again, only basing this off one ENFP guy I know and one ENFP girl I know... When I'm brought around his friends, I sense that they view him as silly, funny, almost light-hearted and outgoing guy. I only rarely get to see that side of him. Sometimes I got the feeling he was (and still is) trying too hard to be deep and serious with me, when really...? I love to play! Cut loose with me! I like having in-depth conversations too, but sometimes it's a too-serious over-load. Especially when it leads to too emotional of subjects. I guess that isn't what people typically see as "guarded" but what I mean is I felt like he was guarding certain sides of him from me.... when I wanted to see all sides, silly included. :p My ENFP sister doesn't ever seem to have a problem showing any of her sides.

Well different people often get to see different sides of me, but usually the fun-loving silly side is the most apparent with friends. Then there are those friends I've deemed worthy of discussing stuff like... say... philosophy. Emotional subjects though... really rare someone gets access to that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well different people often get to see different sides of me, but usually the fun-loving silly side is the most apparent with friends. Then there are those friends I've deemed worthy of discussing stuff like... say... philosophy. Emotional subjects though... really rare someone gets access to that.

i'm the same as sy in this respect actually. i'll share the silly side...or deep intellectual side...but really just one or two people see the emotional side....other people can talk to me about emotional subjects and i can talk with them and be supportive and helpful and all that but rarely do i also go there with them....just not comfortable with it.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Fifi!

Where did I say you weren't awesome? :D

*kisses the frog and revives him*
*Turns into the prince of ENFPness, and sweeps her off her feet..... literally..... with a broom........ oops? Damn! That's not right at all! :doh:*

You are some serious business over there, arent'chya!
Seriously? ENFP Males are, in general, much more masculine, hairy, bearded, smelly, loud, obnoxious, violent, and so on than ENFP Females. I'd say we are rare, but I think we are more well done, with a tasty sweet caramelized charcoal taste. Well, that... and we do everything so well, and I personally do so LOVE to be DONE WELL!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm the same as sy in this respect actually. i'll share the silly side...or deep intellectual side...but really just one or two people see the emotional side....other people can talk to me about emotional subjects and i can talk with them and be supportive and helpful and all that but rarely do i also go there with them....just not comfortable with it.

Hm. Interesting. It's a mixture of intellectual conversations and things personal to both of us. He says that I'm always the first person he calls when he's struggling with something. He's called me at 1am before just to talk about a traumatic experience he had with an ex earlier. ENFPs are so different than me it's hard to translate what he wants/needs/feels for me (So a lot of times I get so frustrated I can't figure it out). We're "just friends" for now. I love him to death, but man... he overwhelms me sometimes. ENFPs (Guys as well as girls, I'm sure) can really have a bizarre effect on people :p

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hm. Interesting. It's a mixture of intellectual conversations and things personal to both of us. He says that I'm always the first person he calls when he's struggling with something. He's called me at 1am before just to talk about a traumatic experience he had with an ex earlier. ENFPs are so different than me it's hard to translate what he wants/needs/feels for me (So a lot of times I get so frustrated I can't figure it out). We're "just friends" for now. I love him to death, but man... he overwhelms me sometimes. ENFPs (Guys as well as girls, I'm sure) can really have a bizarre effect on people :p

Well, from my perspective, he obviously feels like he's made a connection with you. You could probably take it to the next level with him if you wanted to, or not if you don't. I, at least, love to goof around; but at the same time, I have a deep desire, even need, to connect to a few chosen on a much deeper level. Doesn't have to be romantic, but it can be. You are obviously a "chosen one" of his. He desires you to understand his true self, and be excepting of it. You have basically pulled the sword from the stone, in his eyes.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

That might subconsciously the reason why we don't share certain with anyone just like that - everyone knows us as fun people that often affect the mood of the group (of friends), and we know that if we were to be completely transparent we would bring the mood down. You explained your wish for your friend to be his silly self near you like he is with other people....it's because everyone likes and wants that from us, that we tend to choose very carefully when to share the deeper side of ourselves. Not everyone can deal with the fact that the charismatic, happy-go-lucky Ne-dominant is the same person with the deep Fi thoughts/considerations. It confuses people.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stig: Yeah, I've sensed he wants me to "understand his true self"... And I do try and -want- to know, but man is it a challenge when all our functions oppose each other. I accept him as he is, regardless, and he knows that. In fact, I think he thinks I accept him most, and that is one of the reasons that connection was made. Just because his thought process is foreign to me doesn't mean I can't accept him, fortunately. He often voices that he's happy I'm in his life, because people keep "leaving" once he shows a certain side of himself... I guess when he says things like that, I'm cautious about it. Don't ENFPs have a drive to make people feel loved and appreciated? I have a hard time deciphering whether I'm just another grocery store cashier that he goes out of his way to make feel special. As an ISTP, I'm very choosy about who I spend my time and attention to... but somehow he gives his time and attention to everyone :huh:

Sy: Similar to what I just said, I accept all sides of him. God knows I have some pretty weird sides to me. All I guess I would like is a bit more balance... I love hearing his thoughts, because I find it fascinating, and I'm flattered he's "chosen" me. But let's cut loose from time to time, no? I want to see all his sides :wubbie: Anyways, I like hearing things from other ENFPs because it's just more pieces to the puzzle to figuring him out. The Ti dominance in me just -has- to figure things out completely and entirely to be satisfied and to make sense of something...:doh:

Thanks guys :p Y'all were really helpful ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That might subconsciously the reason why we don't share certain with anyone just like that - everyone knows us as fun people that often affect the mood of the group (of friends), and we know that if we were to be completely transparent we would bring the mood down. You explained your wish for your friend to be his silly self near you like he is with other people....it's because everyone likes and wants that from us, that we tend to choose very carefully when to share the deeper side of ourselves. Not everyone can deal with the fact that the charismatic, happy-go-lucky Ne-dominant is the same person with the deep Fi thoughts/considerations. It confuses people.

love this post...
t7xhappy.gif

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i think enfp males are the most prone to power of suggesstion