• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Males

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you quoted me before I edited that to correct it. The point is they are not synonyms. I was asking you a simple yes or no question, why so reluctant?

:confused:

Sy, read the sentence. Let it sink in. It will all make sense soon enough.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
:confused:

Sy, read the sentence. Let it sink in. It will all make sense soon enough.

I got your opinion. Just don't see why you think so. Not that you need to explain of course. But basically I was wondering why you thought so. Gender roles, yeah. We might be males and not show our sensitivity in much the same ways...doesn't mean we don't still show it. Doesn't mean we aren't just as apt., was my point.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Lol, very ISTP'ish reaction. :laugh:
Imagine, my husband (ISTP) and me.
He never understand me when I'm crying when watching tv shows. :D He thought I was feeling down and he doens't understand I'm feelin´g for somebody else. :D

I think I know few male ENFP's.
My boss at work, he is quite definitely ENFP. I can recognize certain patterns of ENFP with him but I do think male ENFP's seem much tougher to the outside than the female as Lauren there put it. The gender difference + how the society wants us to behave.

I had an online chat with another ENFP male while gameplaying online game. He's comments made me a bit surprised at times because I do live with tough ISTP male. :D I mean, I'm really not used to see tenderness and softness in guys because I live with the ulitmately manly man who is really not that emotional. :D

I think I've used too many :D 's in this post.
:smile:

ISTPs can get really emotional though you just don't see it yet...We tend to get really emotional over harder hangups than movies though

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got your opinion. Just don't see why you think so. Not that you need to explain of course. But basically I was wondering why you thought so. Gender roles, yeah. We might be males and not show our sensitivity in much the same ways...doesn't mean we don't still show it. Doesn't mean we aren't just as apt., was my point.

Okay, ENFP males are definitely apt to show their sensitivity.

:rolleyes:

There is no point debating this when I gave my reason why I thought so, others agreed with me, and it is generally accepted as being true in most cases. If it doesn't apply to you, great.

Chloe

Lol, very ISTP'ish reaction. :laugh:
Imagine, my husband (ISTP) and me.
He never understand me when I'm crying when watching tv shows. :D He thought I was feeling down and he doens't understand I'm feelin´g for somebody else. :D

I think I know few male ENFP's.
My boss at work, he is quite definitely ENFP. I can recognize certain patterns of ENFP with him but I do think male ENFP's seem much tougher to the outside than the female as Lauren there put it. The gender difference + how the society wants us to behave.

I had an online chat with another ENFP male while gameplaying online game. He's comments made me a bit surprised at times because I do live with tough ISTP male. :D I mean, I'm really not used to see tenderness and softness in guys because I live with the ulitmately manly man who is really not that emotional. :D

I think I've used too many :D 's in this post.
:smile:

oh, I'm thinking how ISTP is a great match with ENFP. many of my crushes were ISTP :blush:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Okay, ENFP males are definitely apt to show their sensitivity.

:rolleyes:

If you are so bent on changing the tone to stealth insulting remarks, I can join ya.

There is no point debating this when I gave my reason why I thought so, others agreed with me, and it is generally accepted as being true in most cases.

Your "reason" made no sense. It doesn't matter whether anyone agreed with you or if it's generally accepted. The comment was directed at you. But fine.

Just learn to relax. You're not on trial here. If you don't care to discuss feel free to ignore me.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are so bent on changing the tone to stealth insulting remarks, I can join ya.
Again, :confused:

I didn't insult you. But you can interpret it that way if you wish.

Your "reason" made no sense.
Why and how? Do we need to discuss what is meant by gender roles?
Just learn to relax.
I am relaxed. Learn to stop making assumptions about a person's physiological state. Especially online.

You're not on trial here.
Neither are you.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Again, :confused:

I didn't insult you. You can interpret it that way if you wish.

I only do because you fail to address what I'm actually saying while asking me to reread your posts and saying things like "Okay, ENFP males are definitely apt to show their sensitivity.".

Why and how? Do we need to discuss what is meant by gender roles?

Do I need to retype what I typed in my last post saying different ways to show sensitivity does not equate to inaptness to show sensitivity?

I am relaxed. Learn to stop making assumptions about a person's physiological state. Especially online.

I know you are calm. That was just me connecting the dots. The dohs and the rolleyes are meaningless. I can be pretty deluded :tongue:

Neither are you.

Then accept to level with me and acknowledge my points instead. Can't blame you if you don't care to discuss. But if you care, then talk with me, that's how people discuss.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sy, this a language barrier. I've addressed you several times. Maybe someone else will kindly explain it to you. I don't care to debate whether ENFP males show their sensitvity or not; I'd rather watch paint drip. So this debate is done on my part.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sy, this a language barrier. I've addressed you several times. Maybe someone else will kindly explain it to you. I don't care to debate whether ENFP males show their sensitvity or not; I'd rather watch paint drip. So this debate is done on my part.

Okay.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm a young ENFP male (16 years old!)

I am highly sensitive, too. I build off of sadness, sad things, and being sad re-energizes me because it's me in my pure state. I'm not emo or anything, but I kind of have an emo side (though most people think I'm more of a hippy)..but I'm not either. I am highly aspiring, and lazy, and am easily inspired, but not so motivated.

I don't fit into any stereotype, I have no home (figuratively), I'm independent, and full of love. I'm hardcore about things, and can be aggressive when need be. I usually stand up for my rights and hate order..I tend to destroy order unintentionally.

About three months ago, I have a very character-defining moment. My track coach pulled me aside from practice one day and he tells me that I "attract people to get away from our scheduled agenda..when we need things done, people don't like to listen when you're around."

In the end, what really matters is being real. Getting deep, pushing aside all the things that don't matter, and deeply loving others and helping them. Nothing more, nothing less, and I certainly wouldn't trade my passion for anything.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
In the "What's my type?" thread I'm trying to figure out whether my boyfriend is an ENTP or an ENFP. I figured ENTP for a while, and he tested that way in school, but I'm just about positive about my type, and something is off about the ENTP label for him. I'm not sure how gender differences and age (he's 19) incorporate into that, but the outer toughness and directness in communication that some of you are describing as showing up in male ENFPs reminds me strongly of my bf. He can come off as very directive when he's in charge of something involving enacting a change he believes in, but the more I get to know him, the more I'm surprised by how soft/tender he is when it's just you and him. It's more than I am, that's for sure, lol.

In case he is an ENFP, I'll describe him for ya'll:

- very idealistic, always looking for what can be improved
- loves making grand plans, but they can change completely by the day
- very goofy, jokes a lot
- great storyteller, probably could be a great actor
- likes to be a center of attention
- can give off a super-macho vibe sometimes, but doesn't seem to be his natural state
- can be directive and pushy at times, though will back off and be more flexible of you confront him about it
- extremely considerate for individuals. I can't count the number of times he's done something nice for me, from brushing hair out of my eyes constantly (I'm an absent-minded professor wreck lol), to buying me a thumb drive to put my photos on so I can take them to a photo club meeting he loves going to and show them off.
- he's very supportive of growth in other individuals
- not afraid to confront people if he has a problem
- if someone confronts him angrily, he will escalate immediately, but if you confront him calmly he will listen with little defensiveness
- extremely outwardly confident
- eyes that express basically everything
- seems to really hold back from expressing feelings directly
- can be very opinionated
- sticks strong to his causes (he's into environmental activism - he doesn't use plastic bags at the grocery, gets annoyed when waiters give him straws [waste of paper and plastic!]). Would prefer the "rise up and protest" method to the "consider all the factors and then decide the best approach from there"

Sounds like an ENFP with a well developed Te and Fe (I got the Te part from the original thread you started where you mentioned that he is good with logical arguments when he wants to be). He is a young ENFP but sounds like one of us. So, out of curiosity, how is the ENFP-ENTP match working out? In my experience, the chemistry is really pretty unbelievable as is the intensity and the many hours of Ne driven conversation but sometimes the communication regarding emotions can be hard. Be sure to tell him how much you appreciate him every now and then, will you? ENFPs need that, even if they say they don't. :smile:

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Sounds like an ENFP with a well developed Te and Fe (I got the Te part from the original thread you started where you mentioned that he is good with logical arguments when he wants to be). He is a young ENFP but sounds like one of us. So, out of curiosity, how is the ENFP-ENTP match working out? In my experience, the chemistry is really pretty unbelievable as is the intensity and the many hours of Ne driven conversation but sometimes the communication regarding emotions can be hard. Be sure to tell him how much you appreciate him every now and then, will you? ENFPs need that, even if they say they don't. :smile:

Thanks for your response. Now that I'm actually looking for Te, I'm really seeing it.

Well, I'd say it's gone quite well so far. The only issue being that what I believe to be the Fi/Te combo in action throws me for a loop sometimes. He has a habit of stating his opinions as if they are fact, or...basically talking like he knows more than he does, when he's really just giving you his personal feelings on a topic. That really drove me crazy for a while, because I felt that propensity really stifled out open, Ne-driven conversations we could be having, and I don't really relate to that way of communication because it's not natural to me. But now that I'm seeing it for what it is, that is getting better.

Chemistry is good though, and I think it'll only get better as both of us get more mature. We joke constantly, and tend to take everything in stride. We don't make definite plans, we just sort of go with the flow, and we can converse for hours about the most serious or the most pointless things. Though it drives me crazy sometimes, I really do admire his ability to translate his personal feelings towards an ideal into some sort of action, and I like the fact that he's not overtly feely but you can tell emotions run deep. Physical chemistry is really funny too. We're both skinny and Awkward (with a capital "A").

You're absolutely on-target, though, about the difficulty we have expressing emotions to each other. We both spend so much time reacting to each other and to the outside world together, that when we try to stop and really express the deeper things, it can be tough to figure out how to bring it up, and I think we both fear each others' reactions.

staytuned7

I don't fit into any stereotype, I have no home (figuratively), I'm independent, and full of love. I'm hardcore about things, and can be aggressive when need be. I usually stand up for my rights and hate order..I tend to destroy order unintentionally.

About three months ago, I have a very character-defining moment. My track coach pulled me aside from practice one day and he tells me that I "attract people to get away from our scheduled agenda..when we need things done, people don't like to listen when you're around."

In the end, what really matters is being real. Getting deep, pushing aside all the things that don't matter, and deeply loving others and helping them. Nothing more, nothing less, and I certainly wouldn't trade my passion for anything.

3 of my closest friends are ENFP males. This describes each of them perfectly and uniquely.

They're amazing people. Very sensitive, VERY fun and occasionally kind of stressful :D

As far as my experience goes, you ENFP guys aren't that rare, but you sure are lovely individuals. I wouldn't trade these friendships for anything! :heart:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I actually know a male ENFP. He jokes like an ENTP, but he's too crazy to be a T.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm an ENFP male, though I don't always feel like an E. More of an xNFP. Maybe it's just because the ENFP I know is a girl and very bubbly and excited. Perhaps the males are a bit more guarded. But I could easily be mistaken as an INFP who just likes to let loose on the dance floor and hang out all the time.

With me you get a lot of passion, enthusiasm, crazy NF discussions, goal setting, ideals and the like. Love sports, playing music (singing, guitar, bass, tenor sax), hanging out with friends, going to concerts, chatting over coffee, etc.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an ENFP male, though I don't always feel like an E. More of an xNFP. Maybe it's just because the ENFP I know is a girl and very bubbly and excited. Perhaps the males are a bit more guarded. But I could easily be mistaken as an INFP who just likes to let loose on the dance floor and hang out all the time.

That makes sense...I vaguely remember a thread suggesting ENFPs can be somewhat introverted extroverts at times. My ENFP sister is pretty social and -loves- relating to others, so it surprises people when they discover she needs a lot of down time. When trying to figure out a problem (usually people-related problem), she needs a fairly even mix of talking about her feelings with people close to her and working it out in her own head by herself. Same with an ENFP friend I used to date. He always seems pretty out-going and then one day he'll say he needs a "Date with himself: a good book and a glass of wine." :wubbie: Oh, but he definitely comes off as more guarded than my sister... so maybe the guys being more guarded theory is right?