• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ & INFP

hommefatal

:thumbup: I think this is a good pairing as long as both open up. Otherwise ENFJs could be 'offended' by Ne and Fi. I think ENFJs often really can't stand much curiosity and are a little afraid others could find out things they are ashamed of. So then they think of lame excuses because I act too much like a psychologist and if I show my emotions they think they're shallow.

ENFJs who don't open up are often drawn to ESTJs because they never make them feel uncomfortable. They won't talk much about their emotions then though.

But in general it's a good pairing because ENFJs help INFP become more outgoing and dependable, and INFPs help ENFJ become more independent and carefree. AND they can talk about their emotions easily.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Why do some people think all ENFJs want to do is talk about emotions?

Last edited:

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
<--Horrible at talking about my emotions but great at understanding what others are feeling.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do some people think all ENFJs want to do is talk about emotions?

Same reason why some people think all INFPs are a bunch of goth/emo teenagers.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Same reason why some people think all INFPs are a bunch of goth/emo teenagers.

This is why I don't feel much allegiance to type descriptions.

But I think this emotional connectivity or whatever works much better for male ENFJs and female INFPs.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think it'd have to have been a pretty shallow emotional commitment for a J to be able to move on quickly and be excited about it. Not the sort of guy you'd be wanting to date, I suspect. Think of it a bit like a widower who has recently lost his wife. The commitment is over, there's absolutely nothing stopping him from moving on. But it takes a period of adjustment before he'd be able to start dating again without feeling like he was cheating on his wife. To say nothing of lingering grief. Obviously that's a bit of an extreme example, but the principle is similar.

It's been fairly extensively argued already on this forum, but I personally don't believe guys have a "friend zone" for girls they find attractive. So that's not really something you need to worry about imo.

About ENFJ's as widowers: SO true.

About men not having a friend zone: SOOOOOO true, in my life, I don't talk to women who I'm not somewhat attracted to. Physically or Emotionally. Period

Self-improvement is a big driver, yes. I suppose the inability to move on is part of that action - we see something as a giant failure and spend ages trying to pick through the wreckage and make sense of it. Probably a compulsion that may never find it's way to the nearest exit.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that it took years for me to get over my eNTP and ISTP. I would sit around rationalizing what happened, trying to make it hurt less, trying to assign blame or praise to where it made the most "sense". I went out with another guy knowing deep down I was still hung up on the ISTP and it really took a toll on me. The more I was trying to put myself out there, thinking I was being stupid and needed to just "get over it", the more I resented anyone touching me, looking at me, being anywhere near me in a romantic manner because they weren't HIM. In fact, it was a long conversation I had with the eNTP that brought me around finally. I was able to move on from there, and had something amazing with the eNTP.

Granted, it took me a long to get over him, too.

Yeah. Not cool. He shouldn't be doing that.

God KILL ME NOW. I am just like that. I still get upset about a failed attempt I made, I look back on it now and I just think I'm an idiot for letting it happen the way it did. Only thing it taught me was to not give my heart to anyone unless I'm 100% sure I want it/it would be reciprocated.

again ugh all i feel like is this :doh: when I look back on it. Mine was an estp. Part of me still thinks I can make it happen. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Kill me.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

But I think this emotional connectivity or whatever works much better for male ENFJs and female INFPs.

Interesting how that is. I was pondering it myself.

Then again, if you're Johnny Depp, come on over.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I borrow your eyeliner? ;)

Sure, once I find one of my 23 bottles lying around here... I think that's how many I have, I'd hate to have to drop by the drug store again. :doh:

Well, we have to be careful in recognizing the difference between type descriptions and type descriptive opinions. As for the emotional connectivity thing, I can see that; I'm more after someone who can level with me instead as I hate having to be the only sane one in the relationship.

Interesting how that is. I was pondering it myself.

Then again, if you're Johnny Depp, come on over.

Yeah, it sucks being F and not a pretty boy. *sigh* :(

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God KILL ME NOW. I am just like that. I still get upset about a failed attempt I made, I look back on it now and I just think I'm an idiot for letting it happen the way it did. Only thing it taught me was to not give my heart to anyone unless I'm 100% sure I want it/it would be reciprocated.

again ugh all i feel like is this :doh: when I look back on it. Mine was an estp. Part of me still thinks I can make it happen. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Kill me.

Dear me, Johnathon. :( I feel like I should have been "smarter" about my choices too, but that's impossible. My hindsight is 20/20, or at least wants me to believe that is. When I think about either of those guys, I still get a half-wild feeling deep down. I think about eNTP frequently, and the other day, for some reason, when I was on the phone with my ENTJ bff, Athena, we got on the subject of my ISTP ex, and I was describing something about him to her, and I swear I got this horrible flash of presence, like he was standing right there. I felt tears coming to my eyes and stifled them.

I know it was real, what I had with both of them, and I still look back over my shoulder wondering why it had to happen if it ended this way... I couldn't control ISTP's drug problems. I couldn't make eNTP not cave to social pressure.

Ultimately, I walked out alone.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Dear me, Johnathon. :( I feel like I should have been "smarter" about my choices too, but that's impossible. My hindsight is 20/20, or at least wants me to believe that is. When I think about either of those guys, I still get a half-wild feeling deep down. I think about eNTP frequently, and the other day, for some reason, when I was on the phone with my ENTJ bff, Athena, we got on the subject of my ISTP ex, and I was describing something about him to her, and I swear I got this horrible flash of presence, like he was standing right there. I felt tears coming to my eyes and stifled them.

I know it was real, what I had with both of them, and I still look back over my shoulder wondering why it had to happen if it ended this way... I couldn't control ISTP's drug problems. I couldn't make eNTP not cave to social pressure.

ugh i just want the girl i liked to get fat now so I can feel relieved. it happened to the other two entps i liked and didnt end up with and they got realllllllll fat hahah. estps i think let themselves go over time. we shall see.

pirana know that you are not alone and i thought you were a man until about an hour ago haha

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ugh i just want the girl i liked to get fat now so I can feel relieved. it happened to the other two entps i liked and didnt end up with and they got realllllllll fat hahah. estps i think let themselves go over time. we shall see.

lol :doh:

pirana know that you are not alone and i thought you were a man until about an hour ago haha

LOL!!! It's the beard, isn't it?

I'm in my avatar. o_O Do I look like a man??

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
About men not having a friend zone: SOOOOOO true, in my life, I don't talk to women who I'm not somewhat attracted to. Physically or Emotionally. Period.

:laugh:

I can't figure out if you're the new ENFJ Sona or if you're an evil genius. But I couldn't figure that out about Sona either.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Yay!! I just had a break through with my ENFJ. Some beautiful, beautiful soul connecting we have now done. I feel so much better. I hope he stays out of his shell now and doesn't retreat like a deer in head lights again *knocks on wood*.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2

Kill me.

Am I standing in a fun house full of mirrors??