• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ & INFP

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do INFP's drink alcohol????

I'll bet the percentage of us that drink is much less than the percentage of the general population that drinks.

Actually, on the other INFP forum there are discussions about where to find INFP's, in general and by gender as I recall.

I'll also bet that INFP's are way overrepresented among the population that meditates. Speaking of which....

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
I really agree with the people who have said that ENFJs want to know everything about you, but don't want to reveal much themselves. I've had a couple ENFJ friends, and they're so fun to talk to, and I just find myself telling them everything and we're having this great conversation and then when it ends I realize I've told them everything about myself and they've somehow avoided revealing anything about themselves.
Interestingly enough, one of my ENFJ friends says that he likes self-absorbed girls. I think its because he doesn't have to let any of his own information slip as long as the convo is focused on her.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
That definitely rings a bell. I feel like I've told this guy my life story and I'm sure not sure I know a damn thing about him lol. I don't think he likes self absorbed girls. He seems to be more interested in smart, independent girls with some depth and maturity.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Alright, I'll just get every girl I meet drunk and see if she acts silly or not and then ask her if she likes animals.

This plan has no flaws.

lol that's all I got for ya. Just know that an INFP will never pursue you despite liking you. So don't get any assertive types that mean business drunk. You'll be wasting your time.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
lol that's all I got for ya. Just know that an INFP will never pursue you despite liking you. So don't get any assertive types that mean business drunk. You'll be wasting your time.

Nothing is ever easy :) C'est la vie.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I really agree with the people who have said that ENFJs want to know everything about you, but don't want to reveal much themselves. I've had a couple ENFJ friends, and they're so fun to talk to, and I just find myself telling them everything and we're having this great conversation and then when it ends I realize I've told them everything about myself and they've somehow avoided revealing anything about themselves.
Interestingly enough, one of my ENFJ friends says that he likes self-absorbed girls. I think its because he doesn't have to let any of his own information slip as long as the convo is focused on her.

Yes, that is rather my experience as well. I have also seen the opposite as well where they are constantly interjecting things and telling you why. Hmm, do ENFJ's usually have this all or nothing approach to revealing themselves? IME it really seems off or on.

SpottingTrains What is this INFP forum you speak of?
Do a google search on "INFP forum", it should be the first one that pops up. Then click on the "relationships" area. I see two related threads there, one for finding INFP women and one for finding INFP men. I seem to recall a general "where do INFP's hang out" thread as well. If it doesnt come up in the google search, just type in "globalchatter" Oh, I just found another INFP Forum: personality cafe. There is also infpverse.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Wow, there are a lot of posts on that site lol. I don't even think there is an ENFJ dedicated forum haha.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
You guys are too busy connecting with people in real life that's why :p

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wow, there are a lot of posts on that site lol. I don't even think there is an ENFJ dedicated forum haha.

We may be introverts, but get us going and we totally get all "blah blah blah blah blah!" :yes:

There probably isn't a dedicated ENFJ forum because you all are out in the real world talking with people face to face. :yes:

INFP stereotype: :headphne:

ENFJ stereotype: :hug:

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Just know that an INFP will never pursue you despite liking you.

Is this for males or females? You saying that they'll just kinda wait for you to come to them?

I recently asked a female INFP for her phone number and out to coffee to just talk, she accepted. I wonder now if she accepts everyones offer because she is just ridiculously nice/meek, or if I'm special....or both hmmmmm

I guess because this is titled enfj and infp I am allowed to ask this question :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Just know that an INFP will never pursue you despite liking you.

Nonsense; I asked my husband out all by myself when we first met, thank you very much!

However, I would agree that this is not typical; it had to be an exceptional attraction to make me just go over and chat up a guy I didn't know when I was in my twenties.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Is this for males or females? You saying that they'll just kinda wait for you to come to them?

Both, I would say ;)

I recently asked a female INFP for her phone number and out to coffee to just talk, she accepted.

Sure, why not accept someone's offer if they seem pleasant and intelligent enough, and want to talk and have coffee. Infps generally enjoy good conversation more than they enjoy initiating it. Regardless of your persuasive skills or your level of interest in her, however, she will be the one deciding if and when it's going to go any further! Talking to someone, 1-2-1 or otherwise, and having a romantic interest in them are not generally related things to infps.

I wonder now if she accepts everyones offer because she is just ridiculously nice/meek

This is quite possible, but I'd have a care with usage of the word "meek" in an infp context if I were you, unless you like setting yourself up for nasty surprises at some point down the line. You would be more accurate substituting it for the word "polite" here, unless she's a very unusual case ;)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

Wow! I was just telling one of my friends this yesterday! Self-ish (thanks for the word Jennifer!) people are easier to talk to in some situations. It's like I know exactly who and what they are and there's a low expectation of reciprocation of interest which when they're entertaining is OK. It's like going on auto-pilot and they really don't notice as long as you indicate you're still listening. It's white noise. I don't really mind people talking about themselves for extended amounts of time as long as they're interesting and when the overture is made to say something about yourself they don't completely rebuff the attempts.

ENFJ_Catholic

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I, for one, like balanced conversation. Not stating one's life story to every man and woman on the street is not a bad thing! :dry:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Nonsense; I asked my husband out all by myself when we first met, thank you very much!

However, I would agree that this is not typical; it had to be an exceptional attraction to make me just go over and chat up a guy I didn't know when I was in my twenties.

Interesting. When I really really like I guy I find it more difficult to chat them up lol. I had less difficulty chatting up guys before a few turn downs and then being hurt in relationships.

I think that INFPs are probably more likely to make moves with other introverts that seem more harmless and then when experience hasn't soured them much. I still somewhat pursue guys, but it's more about letting someone know I'm interested in subtle ways rather than giving out phone numbers or actually asking to spend time together alone.

I have no idea about INFP males, I have yet to discover one. I would really like to though. I think they would probably be interesting companions (in the right mood of course :).

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I still somewhat pursue guys, but it's more about letting someone know I'm interested in subtle ways rather than giving out phone numbers or actually asking to spend time together alone.

Care to extrapolate on that at all :) ?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
SpottingTrains: Were any of those discussions on that INFP forum about where to find INFP's helpful or informative?

NF's are stereotypically known for their prevalence in things like spiritual/ groups, alternative healthcare, well being, social activism, environmental stuff, volunteering, etc. An INFP's values are likely to end them up there, so those are good places to look. Apparently bookstores and cafe's are too. Just look for the dreamy, quiet, idealistic person that is all by themselves!

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not bars though, no, no, bars are bad places to look for INFP's in general.