• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of INTPs?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm possibly and INxP actually, for real...
but I think I would like the same emotional stability that they have.
that's probably it.

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
they do foster a nice sense of understanding through shared viewpoints (Ni) that can become a solid foundation for friendship.. so long as the F isnt too sensitive and has a sense of humor, and the T is tactful and open-minded, this seems to quickly become a pair of introverts that when together just talk and talk and talk.

My brother is also an INTP and I would say this accurately sums a little of why I enjoy his company so much. It seems that our T and F balance each other well, me offering a lot of advice and perspective on maintaining harmony in interpersonal relationships while he inspires me to be more curious and scientific in problem solving. He's become such a very good friend.

:wub:

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Let's put it this way:

NF Idyllic? Makes me gag.
INTPc? Feels like home.

INTPs talk about things that aren't boring.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm possibly and INxP actually, for real...
that's probably it.

Emotional stability isn't a given in any of the types.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With a few major exceptions the two of us don't get along so great. I find them a little too group-oriented for my tastes, and they tend to be rude and emotionally inept; they see me as a sickening, bothersome drama queen. I've tried to get along with them, but every attempt has been fraught with disaster. I have to confess I'm starting to develop a grudge against them. It's unfair to the numerous good INTPs out there, but there you are.

Group oriented? That's a new one. I suppose you caught all of these INTPs whilst in chameleon mode?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

One of the most emotionally unstable persons I have ever dealt with was an INTP....I was leaps & bounds ahead of that guy in terms of emotional stability....

A

A window to the soul

Emotional stability isn't a given in any of the types.

ok
nononosign.gif

Group oriented? That's a new one. I suppose you caught all of these INTPs whilst in chameleon mode?

One of the most emotionally unstable persons I have ever dealt with was an INTP....I was leaps & bounds ahead of that guy in terms of emotional stability....

hey! now i won't tolerate any intp bashing here mkay!!.... :workout:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems that our T and F balance each other well

funny that my infp friend who doesent know about mbti once told me that my rational way of thinking balances his non rational way of thinking nicely

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're awesome ;)

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A good friend of mine is an INTP. She's always up for doing random outings (unless she's buried in homework) and enjoys trying new things. She appreciates that in me because the rest of her family (mom and sister) are SJs.
We both enjoy writing, and we critique each others' stories. And when we get to nerding about a good topic, it's pretty awesome.
But she's said she wishes I would speak my mind more. Other than that it's a pretty symbiotic relationship. She gets me thinking on things I would have never considered, and I get her out socializing a little more.
That's about the extent of my interactions with INTPs.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
They make shitty athletes.

LOL. I beg to differ. I played multiple sports growing up and am still very active in them as an adult. And let's not forget last year's American League Cy Young Award Winner (awarded to the league's best pitcher): Clearly an INTP based on interviews I've seen. He's a writer, loves science, did extremely well in school, retired from the game of baseball due to the stresses of Social Anxiety Disorder, sought help, then came back with a focused outlook, and became the Cy Young Award winner. He still shies away from the media bigtime, but the guy is a stud. I submit exhibit A:

Zack Greinke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a forum that is discussing his awkward interviews (because of the Social Anxiety Disorder) and showing a picture of his girlfriend (who, I think I heard is also extremely smart). Someone towards the bottom of the page posted an interview of him. He's always very bland and unexciting. I can tell by watching this video that his skin is crawling. He's thinking, "Get that freakin' camera out of my face!" And because he's so focused on the appearing normal, he just gives very simple answers. There's A LOT running through his head while he is talking. Every interview I've seen or heard is much like this. A lot of mumbling, pausing mid-sentence and then going in a different direction with his answer, etc.

Zack Greinke interview on Hot Stove (MLB Network) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
LOL. I beg to differ. I played multiple sports growing up and am still very active in them as an adult. And let's not forget last year's American League Cy Young Award Winner (awarded to the league's best pitcher): Clearly an INTP based on interviews I've seen. He's a writer, loves science, did extremely well in school, retired from the game of baseball due to the stresses of Social Anxiety Disorder, sought help, then came back with a focused outlook, and became the Cy Young Award winner. He still shies away from the media bigtime, but the guy is a stud. I submit exhibit A:

Zack Greinke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a forum that is discussing his awkward interviews (because of the Social Anxiety Disorder) and showing a picture of his girlfriend (who, I think I heard is also extremely smart). Someone towards the bottom of the page posted an interview of him. He's always very bland and unexciting. I can tell by watching this video that his skin is crawling. He's thinking, "Get that freakin' camera out of my face!" And because he's so focused on the appearing normal, he just gives very simple answers. There's A LOT running through his head while he is talking. Every interview I've seen or heard is much like this. A lot of mumbling, pausing mid-sentence and then going in a different direction with his answer, etc.

Zack Greinke interview on Hot Stove (MLB Network) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Well there's two.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well there's two.

There's only 7 of us in the whole world. 2 out of 7 isn't bad.

How many INTP's do you know? 5? Good chance none of the 5 will be superior athletes. Get to know 1,000 of them, and I'm sure there will be a handful of them - pretty much just like any other type.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ok
nononosign.gif

hey! now i won't tolerate any intp bashing here mkay!!.... :workout:

INTP "bashing"?
I don't believe I said anything to bash anyone. I merely pointed out a few things, and asked a question.
Then again, you're an INFP..it makes sense that you would think those statements akin to bashing.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTPs are secretly kind of soft... they root for the underdog and truly wish to help the downtrodden find justice. they sometimes like to project this behavior onto the NFs they know so they don't have to be the ones to appear as starry-eyed dreamer types.

INTPs are very particular, even sometimes perfectionist beneath that messy, blase exterior. this will go relatively unnoticed until someone steps on their toes.

INTPs like to appear minimalistic, but they have a sort of secret aesthetic side.

INTPs will kindly help you fix/configure your electronic gadgets... but also make fun of you for not being able to do so yourself. you boob.

INTPs often scrutinize others because they simply would rather not be on the receiving end of such interaction. but also just because they notice inconsistencies everywhere, and forget that people might feel badly because of their observations. in this way INTPs, though introverts, sometimes speak before they really think, not unlike ISTPs.

INTPs typically hate being criticised because they are already very attuned to their weaknesses, not unlike their INFP counterparts. except they contain it all better.

INTPs are good friends if you can tolerate the above. in general, they can be very loyal, honest sounding boards, and are pretty funny... even if they laugh at your expense.

did someone put the remote in the refrigerator? INTP.