• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INFPs think of INTPs?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
phthalocyanine, I'm impressed. All in all, your post is very accurate, at least for this INTP.

INTPs are secretly kind of soft... they root for the underdog and truly wish to help the downtrodden find justice. they sometimes like to project this behavior onto the NFs they know so they don't have to be the ones to appear as starry-eyed dreamer types.

This is all true for me. Although, I don't *think* that I project all of this onto my NF friends. They pretty much know that I want all of these things. I think what confuses my NF friends is when they see this side of me (that truly wants the best for others and wants justice for those who don't have it) and then an hour later, when I make some very blunt remarks using Ti (and maybe hurt someone's feelings), they wonder, "which one is the real him and which one is the fake him?" They're both me. In fact, the only times I really get angry and use Ti to *cough* - make a point - is when I see some sort of injustice or wrongdoing. So, the two things go hand in hand.

INTPs are very particular, even sometimes perfectionist beneath that messy, blase exterior. this will go relatively unnoticed until someone steps on their toes.

Yes.

INTPs like to appear minimalistic, but they have a sort of secret aesthetic side.

Only thing I'd correct here is that I don't just appear minimalistic - I really am minimalistic. But, yes, as cluttered as I can be, I still have good taste in fashion, home decor, etc. That is, if I choose to put time into it. If there are other things more pressing at the moment, then "aesthetics" get pushed down on list of priorities.

INTPs will kindly help you fix/configure your electronic gadgets... but also make fun of you for not being able to do so yourself. you boob.

I'm not very mechanically inclined.

INTPs often scrutinize others because they simply would rather not be on the receiving end of such interaction. but also just because they notice inconsistencies everywhere, and forget that people might feel badly because of their observations. in this way INTPs, though introverts, sometimes speak before they really think, not unlike ISTPs.

Yes.

INTPs typically hate being criticised because they are already very attuned to their weaknesses, not unlike their INFP counterparts. except they contain it all better.

Yes! I already know what I'm good at and what I'm not. So, if you feel obligated to tell me that I'm not good at something (what would be the point of that anyways?), then just be prepared to hear exactly what YOU are not good at also. Because what other people are not good at is very evident and obvious to me. I just don't need to share that with you (because it's not something I focus on). But, I'm more than happy to share your weaknesses with you in great detail (using precise examples from months and years past) if you choose to go down that road.

INTPs are good friends if you can tolerate the above. in general, they can be very loyal, honest sounding boards, and are pretty funny... even if they laugh at your expense.

Yes, pretty much true.

did someone put the remote in the refrigerator? INTP.

You know those paper towel rolls? I came home from work last week and (don't ask why - I was probably just happy to be home from work), I put my keys in the roll and they fell through the cardboard center. So, now my keys are on my kitchen counter, but with a paper towel roll on top of (and around) them, so they aren't visible. Later that night, when I needed my keys, I started tearing the place up looking for them. Happens quite a bit! :cheese:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs will kindly help you fix/configure your electronic gadgets... but also make fun of you for not being able to do so yourself. you boob.

Great post, except my INTP personal IT guy friend is really nice about it. He also thinks it's funny that about half way through I push him out of the way & take over after I see what he is doing & grasp how to do it myself.

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INTPs are one letter off from making my pants disappear with their charm. /fluff

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
well in a contextual way INTP are fantastic in their own right and make stimulating conversations. I have to say that it is most intriguing and I would most certainly enjoy the thoughts and perspective that is generated by INTP's because it makes me think. While at the same time it is caustic. I mean in that respect that well, you see I believe that the T/F distinction is unusual. Why because we are given right and left brain thinking and when we are using one or the other then we are disproportionate in our abilities and the balance is incorrect and hence the maturation of individuals is suspect if they are solely focus on their thoughts and ignorant of their emotions and vice versa. as would feelers be switcher off if their focus was soley emotions rather than rational or something like that.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
They're cool. The ones that I know are very quiet and kind of hard to get to know, but once they open their mouth you have to laugh because they're just so witty and hilarious!