• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Why do INFJ's have a problem letting people close?

P

Phantonym

I agree with so much of what each and every previous poster said here. And this makes me kind of :cry:

As for myself, it actually depends on the people who have been granted the chance to get close to me. I test people too. And too much for my own good.

Just as aphrodite-gone-awry said about the 3 strikes, it is all about strike 3 and you're out for me as well. You're out for this time. Sure, I might still let you try again but it's going to be twice as hard the next time.

And this could be called a "problem". Maybe it is about having too high standards. I expect a lot from people (and it actually isn't something unrealistic that cannot be reached by everybody), and I expect even more from myself. And I know that once I'm in, I'm in for good. But if others fail to show that they're prepared to be in it for good as well, things just wither away. Something is just broken after that.

I agree with what the OP wondered about the INFJ's:
Is it a tendency to not believe that people care enough to be let close?

At least when it comes to myself, I don't believe that people care enough but it still doesn't stop me trying to find out whether they actually might. And here come the tests again...
It's a vicious cycle :doh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with so much of what each and every previous poster said here. And this makes me kind of :cry:

As for myself, it actually depends on the people who have been granted the chance to get close to me. I test people too. And too much for my own good.

Just as aphrodite-gone-awry said about the 3 strikes, it is all about strike 3 and you're out for me as well. You're out for this time. Sure, I might still let you try again but it's going to be twice as hard the next time.

And this could be called a "problem". Maybe it is about having too high standards. I expect a lot from people (and it actually isn't something unrealistic that cannot be reached by everybody), and I expect even more from myself. And I know that once I'm in, I'm in for good. But if others fail to show that they're prepared to be in it for good as well, things just wither away. Something is just broken after that.

I agree with what the OP wondered about the INFJ's:

At least when it comes to myself, I don't believe that people care enough but it still doesn't stop me trying to find out whether they actually might. And here come the tests again...
It's a vicious cycle :doh:

bolded is so true.

i have some f/u from my earlier post. that enfp friend kept trying to get together with me and showed lots of interest in me. so i acquiesced and started doing more with her recently. our families get along great too, which is a bonus. so, anyway, as i was doing more with her, (and she started getting to know my quirks, like not liking to talk on the phone) i started letting her 'in' more. just being my weird self. funny but in a wacky way. but i also have some deep intense ways about me and i think in an alternative way. i was basically giving back and opening up a bit to her, cuz i figured she was sticking around, so why not?

well. i don't know if it's something i said, haha, or if she's moved on to her enfp latest adventure, but she's not quite so eager to see me anymore. just a month ago she was moving heaven and earth to be where i was, but now she has excuses. i get the feeling she's sort-of explored who i am and decided she doesn't really dig me like she thought she would. or it, more likely, is about her meeting another person since she met me, and making THAT other woman her new biggest interest. i feel kinda used or something. do enfps do that?

so, now i'm irritated a bit because i did open up to her somewhat--let her in more than i would have had i known she'd just end up moving on to someone else (which is kinda weird) and ignoring me somewhat. or maybe i'm just being impatient, which is possible. but, it's like, once i let you in, you're in, and i'm probably not going to kick you out unless you do years worth of irritating things to me. and if you decide you then want out (after i've started letting you really in) that feels like rejection to me.

doesn't everyone else feel like this?

i just read somewhere infj have it difficult because (was it samvega's thread?--that is an awesome thread, btw) infj have high standards for people and relationships, i.e. people usually suck and take a big shat on you haha, yet, because of Fe we NEED people.

so we try, get burned, recoil, try again. over and over again. one loop for me takes a year or two. so, depending on where a non-infj interacts with an infj in that loop can explain an infj (at least mine) actions and moods.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Because we want to know it is safe. We want to know what the person is all about before we commit to them fully. If we do think that there is potential for a good relationship by observation of that person in our time spent with them, then it becomes easier to commit. However we do not want to commit if we suspect that the person is phony, not going to be a good friend and etc.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
so, now i'm irritated a bit because i did open up to her somewhat--let her in more than i would have had i known she'd just end up moving on to someone else (which is kinda weird) and ignoring me somewhat. or maybe i'm just being impatient, which is possible. but, it's like, once i let you in, you're in, and i'm probably not going to kick you out unless you do years worth of irritating things to me. and if you decide you then want out (after i've started letting you really in) that feels like rejection to me.

doesn't everyone else feel like this?
I know what you mean there. For me, ultimately it's about acceptance. Yes I know I'm weird... but if you're going to say something dumb about it or think it has a negative impact on me then there's no point in me letting you close. What's been said before... testing and check points. I go through many those unconsciously. I guess it's a stringent set of tests because I'll be there analyzing every single one of your action. (although you likely don't realize it) What you think, how you act must mesh with mine for me to try opening up. No, this does not mean constant agreement, only that you share similar principles as I. It's not something you can fake through because the check is always running. Unconscious behaviour will leak through and be picked up. Once you've gotten past it all, you're in. And once you're in, it's difficult for me to lock you out again. Perhaps it's just potential damage control that the checks are so stringent... so far I've only let 2 person in completely.

i just read somewhere infj have it difficult because (was it samvega's thread?--that is an awesome thread, btw) infj have high standards for people and relationships, i.e. people usually suck and take a big shat on you haha, yet, because of Fe we NEED people.
This I don't agree with. I have high standards for myself. I'm always questioning whether I'm "good enough" because it never feels like I am. For people in general though I'm a great deal more slack. The only exception being whom I open up to. But that's only because I see them like myself, and therefore I apply standards for myself to them.

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
@aphrodite

Hi Aphrodite, another infj here. Reading your post today reminds me a bit of my own IRL ENFP. I doubt it had anything to do with what you said. Some other person tickled your friend's fancy and off the frisky puppy runs after that new bone!

I've learned that if I wanted to keep this INFJ-ENFP friendship alive, to take it neither too seriously nor too personally and to take it real slow. The ENFP will NEVER be lacking for friends and invitations and will always be off to some great adventure. Then, sure enough he/she will come back to tell you all about it if he/she likes you enough. Prepare to be entertained or prepare to be jealous, depending...Chances are he/she will have told half a dozen people about it already! So, if you want to be that special person in their lives, forget it. They have half a dozen if not more 'special persons' supposedly 'contributing to their personal growth', etc, etc or being their special audience, bleh.

Take the friendship lightly and slowly enough and he/she will pull you along on the next adventure/trip. You'd get to tap into that spontaneous side of you that rarely comes out. Start getting jealous and miffed and your ENFP backs off and you're the poorer for it. Anything that looks like control or confronting them with their fickleness is a turn-off.

Yes, it sometimes feel like we're just teddy bears to be taken out only when the ENFP wants comfort or to have a sounding board for personal issues. Be prepared to have a HUGE heart and an easy-going manner for those big kids! It's up to you to decide whether you think they are worth it or emotionally TOO high-maintenance. You'll get disconcerted by how much of them is 'public' when so much of you is 'private'. A side of them never grows up. I know for a fact. I got two IRL ENFP and do they take lots of emotional energy! One is retired and my own kin and the other is about my age.

So on those off-days when they are happily exploring other friendships and running after this and that, be very GRATEFUL and take the time to RECHARGE. Soon enough they'll come looking for their rock of stability ! (and don't we make good listeners!)... Again the best recipe to NOT feel taken for granted or irritated is to listen with half an ear...:devil:

As for them losing interest in you and finding our quieter selves rather dull, never fear. They are attracted to brainy types and INFJ can be brainy. Don't we have many layers (like they say)? Just don't hurry too much in showing them all!!! Learn to make your mysterious side work for you. Also, watch them perk up when suddenly some day you reveal some hidden side of yours after they thought they had you all figured out! They may even complain that they tell you 'so much but you never do'... Take it very slow would be my advice. If they seem to open up fully, don't reciprocate as much. Open up only half-way! NOTHING about themselves is taboo. They self-disclose things that you would blush disclosing! So don't think that when they are opening up, it is such a big deal. They do that with lots of other people, you'd be surprised. But they want all their listeners 'to keep mum about it' (!?)...

Although they seem fickle, they do give you their full attention when they are with you and are storing it up. Careful with those secrets or those quirks. Next time you confront them about something, they will use it against you. Then you'll feel hurt and mope that in this friendship/relationship you're the one who likes/loves/gives more... And that cannot be proven.

Lest I have offended the ENFPs reading this, let me hurry to say that every time I think that I love my ENFPs dearly, both my kin and my friend. But I am not blind and I can see the areas where I have had to work to make the relationship/friendship work. If I had to wait for my butterflies to get grounded, I'd wait forever! So fire on, I am sticking by what I just wrote! Yes there are times when I wonder whether it is really worth it. But then, I have put in a lot of work (emotional energy and all ) in it and don't like to give up on something I have worked on inasmuch as it depends on me.

And oh, Aphrodite, invest of yourself a bit more in some kind of rewarding work, so as to have LESS time for those ENFP. Bury yourself in some work. That always helps next time you feel a bit moody and miffed towards your ENFP and you know that airing it out will not work with these borderline narcissists. Sorry dear, I am really tired, lot of work you know... That should do the trick. Get them to learn to PLAN a bit more some time with you instead of all those impromptu visits and phone calls late at night or first thing in the morning.

Would I doorslam an ENFP? Maybe... I think that I'd tip-toe out of their lives rather than make a big doorslam. Not to spoil their party. I once took a sabbatical from the friendship and it was hardly noticed... That's just to say how tenuous any friendship can be, early days or not...

Good luck Aphrodite.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we absorb everythign around us, chameleon-esque. unless we are really super healthy the environment always impacts us very very much (to a greater degree than than many other types), the desires and attitudes and impressions of others impact us, we use them to place ourselves and locate basic context to navigate the meaning of our experience symbolically.

we don't let people in bc we are afraid of having our truest selves rejected or done violence to or on the wrong side of something injurious. we just go slow for protection and self-preservation. bc when we open up we can feel exposed and defenseless to the big waves of Fe that can come crashing down.

we get better at balancing and going with the flow by creating positive environments and strong stable attachments to keep us buoyant/afloat. but we go slow and feel out the connections that underlie these things bc we know how complex the webs that make up social fabric always are.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well. i don't know if it's something i said, haha, or if she's moved on to her enfp latest adventure, but she's not quite so eager to see me anymore. just a month ago she was moving heaven and earth to be where i was, but now she has excuses. i get the feeling she's sort-of explored who i am and decided she doesn't really dig me like she thought she would. or it, more likely, is about her meeting another person since she met me, and making THAT other woman her new biggest interest. i feel kinda used or something. do enfps do that?

I think it may be an ExxP thing in general. I have an ENTP friend who is similar.
I have recently decided I must be low on his 'friend tier' or something, simply because I often don't hear back from him, then all of a sudden we'll do something and it's great, then he drops off the face of the earth for a while...it's kinda difficult, as I'm not that way at all.

One of my other friends who also knows him says that she thinks whoever he's around, he's with....otherwise he sorta forgets about you. You have to be in his face, almost. I'm like....:shock: That sort of rubs me the wrong way.

the state i am in said:
we don't let people in bc we are afraid of having our truest selves rejected or done violence to or on the wrong side of something injurious. we just go slow for protection and self-preservation. bc when we open up we can feel exposed and defenseless to the big waves of Fe that can come crashing down.

we get better at balancing and going with the flow by creating positive environments and strong stable attachments to keep us buoyant/afloat. but we go slow and feel out the connections that underlie these things bc we know how complex the webs that make up social fabric always are.

:yes:

I agree with others that once I really trust someone I have no problem being open and vulnerable. But it's a process to get there. The 'testing' aspect and feeling people out is something that resonates with me. Part of that may be unconscious, like others have said. I always want to know the other persons' 'true self' though - their natural preferences and way of being without the influence of myself -- so that may be another reason I test/probe.

Yeah, past hurts and rejections do play into my taking things slow with people. Also over time I've learned of the fickle nature of many (including myself at times! ha!), so that's another reason I may take things slowly.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we also travel along the webs well before we actually get there. explore a myriad of possible connections in every relationship before they happen. weird kind of rehearsal dinner. hi, nice to meet you. my name is...

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This 'problem' started with me as a child. When I would throw out ideas to others, they were quickly shot down by unimaginative adults, and because of this I would only reveal my genius to those who would truly appreciate it. Those people usually ended up being my very close friends. Those who were quick to put me down only discouraged my efforts and hurt my imaginative power. So I introverted.

Because I'm so cautious to whom I give out my ideas to, not that many people can appreciate how truly artistic/imaginative/philosophical I really am, making my exterior attitude rather uninteresting, but as much as I introvert my intuition, a little of it always comes out, and when people notice this, they're puzzled to why I look so normal yet act so differently.

It's hard to get close to people because of the fear of being rejected for my different way of thinking, but there are always those potential people that I don't know well but think may prove to be great assets in the future due to their greater sense of the world and its many possibilities. I act towards these people like I act towards a crush, really. Not with the same intention, but, still, with the same exterior motivation. I've noticed this especially confuses people of the other gender. :p

lane777

nevermore
If she does get to a point where she starts sharing a little bit with you, ask questions. Try to understand the whole picture. A lot of times I'll share something with someone, but I won't give them the entire picture or how I felt about it unless they ask. Asking lets me know that they really do care enough to know what I have to share.

Ooooh yes :D the baiting game.

The great thing about INFJs is that we really long to find someone to tell everything to. We're not likely to hold back anything when you've proven yourself worthy. So, be genuine, show interest, and stick to her long enough and you might get to that point.

I've only experienced this kind of openness with 2 people. One of them new absolutely everything - the best and worst of me, I held nothing back. I doubt I'll find another as trustworthy as her :(

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This I don't agree with. I have high standards for myself. I'm always questioning whether I'm "good enough" because it never feels like I am. For people in general though I'm a great deal more slack. The only exception being whom I open up to. But that's only because I see them like myself, and therefore I apply standards for myself to them.

here is that infj thing about using language loosely, in that i pull a word that means what i know it means for me, and assuming you will understand what i mean (or hope).

i don't mean standard as in 'good enough' here. i mean it like you described, as in having the same values and principles. for example, being open-minded is one of my big ones. and i agree with you, i really don't ever think i'm doing enough or living up to my full potential. cuz i'm not. :huh: i dig people who are alive and different and foibled, like me.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@aphrodite

Hi Aphrodite, another infj here. Reading your post today reminds me a bit of my own IRL ENFP. I doubt it had anything to do with what you said. Some other person tickled your friend's fancy and off the frisky puppy runs after that new bone!

I've learned that if I wanted to keep this INFJ-ENFP friendship alive, to take it neither too seriously nor too personally and to take it real slow. The ENFP will NEVER be lacking for friends and invitations and will always be off to some great adventure. Then, sure enough he/she will come back to tell you all about it if he/she likes you enough. Prepare to be entertained or prepare to be jealous, depending...Chances are he/she will have told half a dozen people about it already! So, if you want to be that special person in their lives, forget it. They have half a dozen if not more 'special persons' supposedly 'contributing to their personal growth', etc, etc or being their special audience, bleh.

Take the friendship lightly and slowly enough and he/she will pull you along on the next adventure/trip. You'd get to tap into that spontaneous side of you that rarely comes out. Start getting jealous and miffed and your ENFP backs off and you're the poorer for it. Anything that looks like control or confronting them with their fickleness is a turn-off.

Yes, it sometimes feel like we're just teddy bears to be taken out only when the ENFP wants comfort or to have a sounding board for personal issues. Be prepared to have a HUGE heart and an easy-going manner for those big kids! It's up to you to decide whether you think they are worth it or emotionally TOO high-maintenance. You'll get disconcerted by how much of them is 'public' when so much of you is 'private'. A side of them never grows up. I know for a fact. I got two IRL ENFP and do they take lots of emotional energy! One is retired and my own kin and the other is about my age.

So on those off-days when they are happily exploring other friendships and running after this and that, be very GRATEFUL and take the time to RECHARGE. Soon enough they'll come looking for their rock of stability ! (and don't we make good listeners!)... Again the best recipe to NOT feel taken for granted or irritated is to listen with half an ear...:devil:

As for them losing interest in you and finding our quieter selves rather dull, never fear. They are attracted to brainy types and INFJ can be brainy. Don't we have many layers (like they say)? Just don't hurry too much in showing them all!!! Learn to make your mysterious side work for you. Also, watch them perk up when suddenly some day you reveal some hidden side of yours after they thought they had you all figured out! They may even complain that they tell you 'so much but you never do'... Take it very slow would be my advice. If they seem to open up fully, don't reciprocate as much. Open up only half-way! NOTHING about themselves is taboo. They self-disclose things that you would blush disclosing! So don't think that when they are opening up, it is such a big deal. They do that with lots of other people, you'd be surprised. But they want all their listeners 'to keep mum about it' (!?)...

Although they seem fickle, they do give you their full attention when they are with you and are storing it up. Careful with those secrets or those quirks. Next time you confront them about something, they will use it against you. Then you'll feel hurt and mope that in this friendship/relationship you're the one who likes/loves/gives more... And that cannot be proven.

Lest I have offended the ENFPs reading this, let me hurry to say that every time I think that I love my ENFPs dearly, both my kin and my friend. But I am not blind and I can see the areas where I have had to work to make the relationship/friendship work. If I had to wait for my butterflies to get grounded, I'd wait forever! So fire on, I am sticking by what I just wrote! Yes there are times when I wonder whether it is really worth it. But then, I have put in a lot of work (emotional energy and all ) in it and don't like to give up on something I have worked on inasmuch as it depends on me.

And oh, Aphrodite, invest of yourself a bit more in some kind of rewarding work, so as to have LESS time for those ENFP. Bury yourself in some work. That always helps next time you feel a bit moody and miffed towards your ENFP and you know that airing it out will not work with these borderline narcissists. Sorry dear, I am really tired, lot of work you know... That should do the trick. Get them to learn to PLAN a bit more some time with you instead of all those impromptu visits and phone calls late at night or first thing in the morning.

Would I doorslam an ENFP? Maybe... I think that I'd tip-toe out of their lives rather than make a big doorslam. Not to spoil their party. I once took a sabbatical from the friendship and it was hardly noticed... That's just to say how tenuous any friendship can be, early days or not...

Good luck Aphrodite.

wow, cloud! you are like an enfp expert! i can only imagine the amount of effort you have put into those relationships. it really shows.

thanks. i wonder if maybe the challenge of me was almost what made her try so so so hard to befriend me. then when i started coming around, she backed off a bit. maybe it was the challenge of befriending and getting close to me that she likes the most.?

you are so right about them using you for a listening/sounding board. totally that. yet, she's surprised me cuz she really does listen to me also, more than it would appear.

my new way of thinking about relationships, since they can be so hard to begin, maintain, and keep healthy, is that maybe instead of having friends, we (infj) should seek experiences or adventures or just live in the moment. for example, instead of putting all my energy in to one person and trying to make that one person meet many of my friendship needs, just ask myself, what acquaintance can i go eat sushi with? or who would i like to ask to camp with us? then you don't have to be so invested in one person, or a few chosen people. would that work?

probably not, huh? haha. i'd rather camp alone or eat sushi alone than with an acquaintance. i've tried it. it's not much fun at all for me.

there's just no escaping infjness. :sadbanana:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Seems that many INFJs don't recognize other INFJs because they have refined their outer shell enough to be seen as something different. An INFJ I'm still mentally swooning over (Her family is a reclusive bunch, lots of IJs in that one), was popular just because she did -everything- better than everyone else (at least, as far as art and grades were concerned).

My Intuition pinged a few times the first year a knew her and then pinged hard the second year when I got to work with her in one of our school plays. There's another INFJ that was there too. She was more open (She was home-schooled and that may have led to a softer outer shell, also had 5-6 siblings. Your extraversion needs to be stronger in that kind of environment) but had stricter parents :)steam:)

Really, I think it's how you proceed with Acceptance vs Testing. An environment thing, too. The first one was much more introverted than the second. INFJs DO want to connect with people, but since reality has knocked them/us down more than once, we build a defense grid. Mine is active and cold, like icicles. If I don't like you, you'll know it if you try to interact with me. An ENTP was irritating me by debating every little point our teacher was making and I called him out on it. I knew he was only doing it for attention, that was how he was.

my new way of thinking about relationships, since they can be so hard to begin, maintain, and keep healthy, is that maybe instead of having friends, we (infj) should seek experiences or adventures or just live in the moment. for example, instead of putting all my energy in to one person and trying to make that one person meet many of my friendship needs, just ask myself, what acquaintance can i go eat sushi with? or who would i like to ask to camp with us? then you don't have to be so invested in one person, or a few chosen people. would that work?

probably not, huh? haha. i'd rather camp alone or eat sushi alone than with an acquaintance. i've tried it. it's not much fun at all for me.

I'm thankful I can enjoy phone conversations, well, with my INTP friend at least. We construct weird ideas and situations and the like. My other friends are a little bit farther, an ISFP I know I just hang out with and play Halo, but not too often, and my ENFP friend, well, he's busy with his other friends (Including the first INFJ up there! :steam:). I do have a great INFJ friend... who lives in British Columbia :sadbanana:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
i'm realizing now too that one of the greatest challenges in the life of an nf is revealing his/her true self. [/QUOTE said:
I've been with my BF for 10 years. He's pretty good and knowing some of my likes and dislikes, how I'm going to react to certain things, etc. but there's been a couple of occasions when he's said "I know exactly how you think, I know you so well" and I've come back with "no, you really don't." It's the truth, he really doesn't know me. The closest thing to a heart-to-heart is when we have a fight, which is very seldom, it seems that is when I'm most likely to tell him what I really feel about something.

Most people aren't that interesting to me, I have to connect with their authenticity, their creativity, or their humor. If I sense any pretense in people (which is right away), I don't even bother with them. Loud people, chatty people, I don't go near. People who are opinionated...no.

Casual friendships aren't too interesting for me, and I don't meet my kind of people too often. I seldom initiate friendships. Needless to say, I don't have many friends.:violin:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I've been with my BF for 10 years. He's pretty good and knowing some of my likes and dislikes, how I'm going to react to certain things, etc. but there's been a couple of occasions when he's said "I know exactly how you think, I know you so well" and I've come back with "no, you really don't." It's the truth, he really doesn't know me. The closest thing to a heart-to-heart is when we have a fight, which is very seldom, it seems that is when I'm most likely to tell him what I really feel about something.

Most people aren't that interesting to me, I have to connect with their authenticity, their creativity, or their humor. If I sense any pretense in people (which is right away), I don't even bother with them. Loud people, chatty people, I don't go near. People who are opinionated...no.

Casual friendships aren't too interesting for me, and I don't meet my kind of people too often. I seldom initiate friendships. Needless to say, I don't have many friends.:violin:

Sounds about right. I find that people who think they know me are probably the highest on my 'stay away from' list. People who are genuinely interested in who I am, though, are nice, but they still have to run the gauntlet.

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
you are so right about them using you for a listening/sounding board. totally that. yet, she's surprised me cuz she really does listen to me also, more than it would appear.

Yea and from to time you'll see their global thinking come out too, which is something that both INFJ and ENFP seem to share and you get to appreciate them for it. They can put aside their silly facade and you'll see them get all serious and VERY analytical. Watch out when you tell them about some issue and they try to understand it and start asking very very probing questions. You'd be surprised and it'll challenge your own thinking and make you look at things from a different perspective. Perhaps not on the spot but later when you've mulled it over. They are very bright and quick-witted and interesting people, on the whole.

Yea don't be so invested in one person.. Diversify and don't be so quick in putting people into the friend category so fast. Keep them a bit longer in the acquaintance category...Learn some detachment.

there's just no escaping infjness.

Agree, but we get to be comfortable in our own skin after a while. And next time your ENFP friend has a heartbreak, she'll wish she were like you, rock solid...Be prepared to give lots of hugs!

P

Phantonym

:shock: Get out of my brain! Just kidding :hug: I've been having the exact same thoughts for a few years now. And they recently surfaced again. And I've also reached that same conclusion. I can't stand casual acquaintances for too long. It's too shallow and sterile. I want something more! It's all or nothing!!!

Lightyear

:shock: Get out of my brain! Just kidding :hug: I've been having the exact same thoughts for a few years now. And they recently surfaced again. And I've also reached that same conclusion. I can't stand casual acquaintances for too long. It's too shallow and sterile. I want something more! It's all or nothing!!!

Awww, yes! :yes:

We should start a club or something "Non-superficial Relationships United" or something. Must think of a more catchy name.

P

Phantonym

Awww, yes! :yes:

We should start a club or something "Non-superficial Relationships United" or something. Must think of a more catchy name.

:laugh: Don't we already have one of those - "INFJ"? Some say it's something exclusive...:whistling: