• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ cried during sex

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Of course...and frequently. I don't see how that goes against type (but maybe that's just me.)

Just a few weeks ago I laughed (until I cried, interestingly enough) when we inadvertently rolled off the bed onto the floor. I looked at him. He looked at me...and we both lost it. It still cracks me up thinking of it.

He's not an INTJ by any chance?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hmmm. i can't remember ever crying during sex. wait, maybe a few times i got weepy, like when i was feeling especially in love with my man at the time. but i'm not very cry-ey. i only cry at sappy movies, or if my frustration level is out the roof for some reason. (like when i've let my boundaries be incessantly crossed). but everyone is different.

now giggling and laughing. yah! lots of the time. you know lots of funny things can happen during sex. talk a lot too. converse even sometimes. anything goes. i've had a lover grab my hair and push my head dowwnnnn and tell me "be quiet!" when i was too chatty.

Atomic Fiend

There's only one reason a man should cry during sex.

1245012843423.jpg

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
My impression is that INFJs can have emotional tenacity, depth of feeling, and are not particularly fragile. This is why the comments about crying during sex imply depth of feeling and not something fragile or breakable.

Absolutely.

I think that especially in a relationship between an infj and another introverted type, if you start to drift into your own worlds and feel distant in between closeness, the sudden closeness and depth of "togetherness" can just be overwhelming. For infjs, most important things hold deep meaning and symbolism, and to go from 0-60 is just an emotional jolt, hence the tears. And the intense reaction tends to surprise even the infj.

Cornering her (especially in the moment) and asking why might not be your best bet, as she likely can't put her finger on why it happened in the first place herself. ;)

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
that's kinda weird, reminds me of that family guy movie where stewie gets laid and cries after. If someone started crying while i was bangin her I'd probably get turned off and stop.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I would cry too if I was getting shot ('banged' :doh:)

In a nutshell, INFJs are emotional bunkers and take a long time to let anyone into their emotional lives. Since sex to most NFs is as 'in' as you can let anyone, this could be an utter disarming of their defenses.

Considering the woman is, in my opinion, the vulnerable one during intimate encounters, I would think it would be the rule, not an exception, for them to cry during sex.

Really, it just means you'd better be careful, you've reached the INFJ's inner sanctum of trust. (And the guards are still there, one wrong move and you'll be shot [/metaphor])

sculpting

I once cried during sex as I felt so emotionally open and fragile. It wasnt bad, or that I was unhappy, it was overwhelming emo and openess. My husband acted all odd, freaked out and made me really embarressed about the whole thing.

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
I cried once during a really intense orgasm. I really have no idea why it happened lol and when he asked me what was wrong I was really embarrassed because nothing was wrong, it was just the most awesome, most beautiful orgasm I have ever had. :blush:

It was mind blowing.

Wow, just thinking about it now makes me want to cry. :rofl1:
yeah, that happened to me! Just like, thunderclap - tears. Such a release! :static:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.

I've yet to have sex that doesn't involve some form of crying. :/

I don't have sex much so that might explain it. :p

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
With an INFJ you always gotta be strong for two and never ask why she did a thing you didnt understand, wait for her to tell you and think yourself the most reasonable explanation to a thing.
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHbrearfsdklfj

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, i don't really agree with Entropie on that one.

If an INFJ is close enough to you to have sex with you. You should be able to get her to put her guard down in a conversation as well. Just don't get pushy during the conversation. And try to be understanding.

V

violaine

^Yes. I like open, honest dialogue. Working on having a good relationship is always the overriding priority for me. It just goes a little better if my partner is understanding during difficult conversations.

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, i don't really agree with Entropie on that one.

If an INFJ is close enough to you to have sex with you. You should be able to get her to put her guard down in a conversation as well. Just don't get pushy during the conversation. And try to be understanding.
It's interesting that you notice the difference between sex comfort and conversational comfort. I don't know if it's an INFJ thing, but it can be an interesting dynamic/post-sex now-what? kind of thing...

I second the advice on just being gentle, listen, don't push, treat her like she's an unbreakable piece of gossamer, don't stare, don't imply things, don't...... WHAT INFJs ARE DIFFICULT? Nah........ :smile: