• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Any NFs Talented at Math?

how are you at math?

• Total voters

ygolo

My termites win
yep, i read it now, it's true.
that prove was 2003 in National competition in math here in Croatia for 1st year High School. i did it the same as you did until
1 b*p[(a2 -bc) + (b2-ac) + (c2-ab)] >= 0
then i've put
2 (a-b)*2= a2-2ab+b2 >= 0
3 (b-c)*2= b2-2bc+c2 >= 0
4 (c-b)*2= c2-2bc+b2 >= 0
since 2+3+4
is (2a2-2bc)+(2b2-2ac)+(2c2-2ab)>=0 which makes 1 true, after you divide it with 2 etc.

i like it because you dont have to have any real knowledge to do it, besides basic calculus. inequalities were always most interesting thing in math to me.

Your way is simpler. I just typed out what popped into my head. Thought I think you made a typo on the fourth line.

Shouldn't it be 4 (c-a)^2= c^2-2ac+a^2 >= 0 ?

Chloe

Your way is simpler. I just typed out what popped into my head. Thought I think you made a typo on the fourth line.

Shouldn't it be 4 (c-a)^2= c^2-2ac+a^2 >= 0 ?

yep, typo :)

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
yep, i read it now, it's true.
that prove was 2003 in National competition in math here in Croatia for 1st year High School. i did it the same as you did until

What does that say? It says if you want to be good a doing proofs, do a lot of proofs. Personally I'd rather stick a pencil where it does not belong. That's why I'm more drawn towards the mathematical physics way of doing math. Mathematical physicists are not so anal about rigorous proof. Not that I've done a whole lot of it yet. My scouting reveal mathematical physics as an area I might want to focus on. There are plenty of other people to worry about the proofs.