• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Any NFs Talented at Math?

how are you at math?

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Hardly studied, ended with near perfect scores for 3 maths subjects in final year of school. Didn't take uni maths much more seriously.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got 148 on the math part of an IQ test :)

But I don't really do much math anymore in college.

Just a bit curious here... how did you get a math part of an IQ test? I have not heard of one. Such a test would probably be biased towards those who have taken harder math classes.

BTW, it is an interesting pattern here of NFs who are very talented at math and also don't like it :huh: I am pretty opposite because I am probably somewhat close to average yet enjoy math very much.

Why must the NFs hog the math skills they don't even wish to use? :tongue:

(can I has some?)

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm awful at maths. Always have been. Even when somebody asks me the simplest question like "What's 2 + 2?" I pause and go "...4?"

Chloe

BTW, it is an interesting pattern here of NFs who are very talented at math and also don't like it :huh: I am pretty opposite because I am probably somewhat close to average yet enjoy math very much.

Why must the NFs hog the math skills they don't even wish to use? :tongue:

(can I has some?)

oh, it's like that in many stuff in life.. probably many very talented people in sports, music etc.. dont appreciate their talent.. because they don't feel at home with it. i don't think it's unusual.

but yeah interesting pattern of disliking math and being talented.. though i'm pretty sure that of very talented people in math there are maximum 20% and probably on 10% of NFs, rest are all NTs..

the biggest liars here are the ones that skipped this poll, so we got so... unrealistic results. :p

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think math is pretty easy as it's just simple logic. My highest SAT score was in the math portion, and I hadn't taken a course in it for a year...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think math is pretty easy as it's just simple logic. My highest SAT score was in the math portion, and I hadn't taken a course in it for a year...

Um no, that's just arithmetic. Higher level mathematics gets very abstract and much more difficult.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Um no, that's just arithmetic. Higher level mathematics gets very abstract and much more difficult.

I did pretty well in a trigonometry course I took, which is a bit more than arithmetic and pretty challenging.

I think it depends on what people call "math."

Chloe

I think it depends on what people call "math."

math is everything from low level, first grade, to "higher" math.. if one call himself talented I suspect high school math is piece of cake for him. :shock:

calling math easy is... well.. obviously you didn't see higher math :shock:
ex... on competitions, at least in Europe, we have 4,5 hours to solve 4 math problems, and only winner sometimes gots 100%... and average is 20/100... (on National level -so from those around 20-25 people who already qualified on lower levels..)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
mprender.php

Chloe

.. your turn entropie.. :)
this was literally in 1st grade high school... :) so I am sure it'll be easy for ya ;)

prove that for ANY (real) positive numbers a,b,c and any not-negative number p this is true:

EDIT: unfair? why would you? Not at all . :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am sry, I am not very good at maths :)

Hope I wasnt unfair to you

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

*tries to remember anything I might have glanced at in my life about limits*

prove that for ANY (real) positive numbers a,b,c and any not-negative number p this is true:[/B]

*passes out*

Okay, I am starting to get serious now. All the people in this thread who don't want their math skills should give them to me :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thats not called limit thats the limes named after the roman river ! Do you Americans have to imperialize anything ? :D

Chloe

you liar.. it got name after limes disease.. because inventor of it was suffering from it.. so they called disease after him.. and function after disease... then.

o.. and i forgot to mention.. he was an American ! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D I dont know, I got questioned that many times today, I dont even believe in my own name no more :D

Chloe

ah.. i yust googled it - i'm the sober one - it got name after fruit - Lime.. but plural.