• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Key to winning a woman's heart?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No it's because obviously someone has done something similar to what I posted on that list to you and it has hurt you and you took it to a personal level.

Right, you got me. It's obvious.

Plus I've always learned never to argue with an idiot because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience, not saying you're an idiot just same principle.

That was completely unnecessary, but also completely expected.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jonathan, here's just an observation.

People are using pretty solid arguements to battle your point of view, now you don't have to agree with them. Ofcourse. But most of the time you seem to battle these arguements, that you can't deny are unfounded, with avoidance* instead of counter arguementation.

Now, suppose these roles would be reversed and that the others were the ones countering your arguementation with the same avoidance with which you act yourself, what would you think of the people posting in this thread then? Wouldn't they be ignorant by your standards?

* Avoidance meaning "I can see your fangs" and stuff and "It's not worth argueing with an idiot." Etc, etc.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
J the G - If you already had decided that your method of persistence was irrefutably right, why did you ask the rest of us what we thought?

Calling someone an idiot for disagreeing with you will not change their minds. You are only reinforcing the negative stereotypes that some hold of male ENFJs.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you honestly not think there's a difference between being her friend for the sake of friendship, and being her friend for the sake of an ulterior motive, which you are advocating intentionally concealing from her?

Is this to say that you feel name calling is not ok and it was a mistake, or that it IS ok because what was said upset you? You seem to be implying that "venting" is a virtue because you're feeling angry and it's something most people keep to themselves. I would suggest that a certain degree of self-control is more of a virtue than allowing yourself to lash out in that manner; and that the reason most people keep that kind of talk to themselves when something's said that upsets them is that they want to keep the respect of the other participants in the conversation, and some self-respect for having kept the conversation at something approaching a reasonable adult level despite the way they're feeling.

Usually hatred and anger have fear at their root. This does make me wonder what fear was triggered by seeing that one word which made you react as you did.

Maybe fear of it being correct!
Oh and I don't care about peoples feelings on this forum. They are just words to me, some have an effect, others don't. Just like mine.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
J the G - If you already had decided that your method of persistence was irrefutably right, why did you ask the rest of us what we thought? Calling someone an idiot for disagreeing with you will not change their minds.

I agree but I never said anyone was an idiot. Also I find it a waste of my time to sit here and type out all my words, I'm an extravert for God's sake! I'd rather say them! But ultimately I posted this thread to get useful information and information that will benefit me, not bring me down, I posted the title key to winning womans heart, thats what I want to know, I don't care if people think I'm manipulative/insensitive/etc, like anyone on here is perfect. So stop acting like you're representing some form of "Right".

Read the thread, answer the question, others have followed. Logical enough?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh forget it! I give up. And now, for something completely different...

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree but I never said anyone was an idiot. Also I find it a waste of my time to sit here and type out all my words, I'm an extravert for God's sake! I'd rather say them! But ultimately I posted this thread to get useful information and information that will benefit me, not bring me down, I posted the title key to winning womans heart, thats what I want to know, I don't care if people think I'm manipulative/insensitive/etc, like anyone on here is perfect. So stop acting like you're representing some form of "Right".

Read the thread, answer the question, others have followed. Logical enough?

Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have called someone a "fuck" and compared me to an idiot.

Fidelia actually had some wonderful, well thought out posts on here which you seem to have forgotten.

And as far as logic goes, if it's a waste of time to write out your thoughts, why bother coming to an online forum? Should we add "troll" to the list of insults?

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have called someone a "fuck" and compared me to an idiot.

Fidelia actually had some wonderful, well thought out posts on here which you seem to have forgotten.

And as far as logic goes, if it's a waste of time to write out your thoughts, why bother coming to an online forum? Should we add "troll" to the list of insults?

It's a waste of my time to contend with you through a keyboard. How about you give me a call and we talk about it?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd use ventrillo or some other more neutral place to talk instead.

This is creepy indeed. :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
J the G

I cannot believe that you truly don't know this but, here goes...

Do you understand why they are suggesting that publicly exchanging phone numbers with a stranger because you don't like the written word does not seem like a good idea?

1) No one knows you well enough to trust you with this kind of information. You should know that you don't give your phone number out to strangers. There are odd people all over the internet that you don't necessarily want knowing where you live and how to get ahold of you!

2) This is a public forum. Other people can see the number. Not good. This is what PMs are for.

3) Up until the present, all of these exchanges have been fruitless and unproductive because you have decided on the answer without acknowledging others' input and comments and even gotten hostile. You have also explained several times that people's words don't have an impact on you. This would make the phone call rather pointless, don't you think?

4) You do not seem to be picking up on the messages that are repeatedly being reinforced. Despite other people's expressions of shock and horror, you just suggested getting back to the original question. This suggests that you either are socially uncomfortable, or that you are not to be trusted.

If you reread this whole thread, I think you may discover some key points for why at this time persistance will be very detrimental to your cause. If you look for the messages that others are trying to send and rethink your exchanges with the girl that you very sincerely care about, you may see that you coming on too strong will turn her off more or truly scare her.

Cease and desist!

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
J the G

I cannot believe that you truly don't know this but, here goes...

Do you understand why they are suggesting that publicly exchanging phone numbers with a stranger because you don't like the written word does not seem like a good idea?

1) No one knows you well enough to trust you with this kind of information. You should know that you don't give your phone number out to strangers. There are odd people all over the internet that you don't necessarily want knowing where you live and how to get ahold of you!

2) This is a public forum. Other people can see the number. Not good. This is what PMs are for.

3) Up until the present, all of these exchanges have been fruitless and unproductive because you have decided on the answer without acknowledging other's input and comments and even gotten hostile. You have also explained several times that people's words don't have an impact on you. This would make the phone call rather pointless, don't you think?

4) You do not seem to be picking up on the messages that are repeatedly being reinforced. Despite other people's expressions of shock and horror, you just suggested getting back to the original question. This suggests that you either are socially uncomfortable, or that you are not to be trusted.

If you reread this whole thread, I think you may discover some key points for why at this time persistance will be very detrimental to your cause. I think that if you look for the messages that others are trying to send and rethink your exchanges with the girl that you very sincerely care about, you may see that you coming on too strong are going to turn her off more or truly scare her.

Cease and desist!

Very INFJ of you. Thank you for your sincere input.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, you don't try very hard for a J. :)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
lol i tried. now back to the original question, any more insight?

Since I'm really just hurt and taking things personally because some guy screwed me over using your how to manipulate list, I am trying hard not to use idiotic arguments to drag you down to my level. So I'll spare you my insights, but thanks. :coffee:

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Right, that's precisely what I was wondering. Thanks for that :)

You are welcome sir.

I indeed do not want to be manipulative and despite what the brooklyn entp says I still do not think my list was manipulative because by no means was it unfair to apply those things. If a girl you like has a boyfriend, you obviously have one of two choices, be her friend or don't. You can't be her boyfriend also. Unless she's a pimpette haha

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You are welcome sir.

I indeed do not want to be manipulative and despite what the brooklyn entp says I still do not think my list was manipulative because by no means was it unfair to apply those things. If a girl you like has a boyfriend, you obviously have one of two choices, be her friend or don't. You can't be her boyfriend also. Unless she's a pimpette haha

The thing wrong about your to-do list is..... that it's a to-do list. Considering the topic in question...that's a no-no to-do...list.