• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Anyone else experienced this?

I'm an ENFP who is extremely high on "N" and just slightly "F" so I am also largely in touch with my "T..." I've noticed that INTPs and I always have this magnetic pull and "click." We have an incredibly energized and engaging connection.

INTPs to me (the ENFP) are like "hellllllooo!!!! I just found my long lost mindmate!!" Not only that but we both have a bit of an offbeat, quirky humor... This leads to lots of banter and wit, which of course fuels the chemistry all around... We also like to debate one another just for the heck of it and the intellectual stimulation/challenge.

Sometimes when we start talking everyone just stops and stares because we are so absorbed in our own world. I think it's a great combo - plus I need a lot of autonomy and personal space (slightly E) myself so we both "get" each other! We would both rather burn in hell than talk on the phone lol.

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Man, INTPs are the worst

;)

I didn't realize until I joined this forum that INTPs and ENFPs supposedly get along well IRL. I discovered around the same time that 2 of my good friends were INTP. My younger brother is also INTP and my parents are INTX so I also chalk it up to just getting primed for INTX communication styles, etc.

When people seem cold on the surface or even awkward or very quiet, it often doesn't phase me. There are many times I feel like I can sense the the person inside coming through, if that makes sense. I think also being Fi dom, it can help you be more in touch with the 'inner feelings' of others.

Or something.

I do find that the ENFP joviality, confidence, light-heartedness and optimism are good counters to the INTP pessimism, criticism, self-doubt, and unsentimentality. Also, INTPs feel safe showing their child-like side to ENFPs who can appreciate and encourage it. INTPs provide a great partner for intellectual stimulation - both types generally dont' have a filter and can talk about a lot of random stuff and explore ideas. INTP criticism sometimes acts like 'fake J' - it's provides a counterpoint to ENFP unchecked wishful thinking and provides a trusted source for criticism when ENFPs need another POV.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love intps...i need some irl. they make me laugh. :smile:

am_i_evil666

Weirdly, I just don't like INTPs. Maybe the ones I met were simply annoying, or maybe it's something that has to do with the type.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
And exactly, did yours have ADHD or aspergers?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL!!!

I love you, girl.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ehh..this is a double thread, mods, just so you know.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
And exactly, did yours have ADHD or aspergers?

My INTP friend has ADHD, but only enough to have had it screw him over academically for his whole life so far. Only because it's forced him into boring lower classes that he is way above. This leads to a vicious circle where he doesn't want to do the work because he already knows it. then they think "his grades are down, he's not getting it" when he's got it way before everyone else in the class.

I think INTPs can be great with NFs if the EnTypes are conducive and mix well (I couldn't see an En5 INTP get along with an En8 ENFJ)

The real trick is patience on the ENFPs part with the INTPs

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i think i just realized that the girl whose been the biggest comfort after my breakup with a long term ex, is an intp.

she's always been there, while girls have been coming and going over the past year. yeah, intp seems to be the best description for her.

well she's moving into my place in about a month. i guess we'll see what happens. im still not sure if she partially wants to live with me out of wanting some sort of future with me or not. even though she is probably my best female friend at this point.

but yeah, by far, she has made me patient to a degree i have never been before.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I walk past many people but never experienced a magnetic pull.

I shall investigate this more and walk more closely past people, to see if there is a magnetic pull.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
You need to roll around on synthetic fabric first. Build up that static. It's how we ENFPs do it.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
this has been my experience, so, yes, i would agree.

i was an enfp once and got so absorbed by this intp i actually turned into one... well, i doubt that's actually healthy, but yes, you get the idea.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmm, I said this on another thread, but I have this great chemistry with an ENFP friend of mine. We are extremely close and discuss anything and everything, always straying off track. I also have been madly in love with her since I was 12, but it's not worth screwing up the friendship for me to get all lovey on her.