• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I work with two ENFP males...one of them is single...;)

And someone else said some something about ENFP/INTP not being a good match. I think if the ENFP has gone "bad" then it can be disastrous!!

LITTLE LINGUIST: Aww...that's so sweet! There's proof right there that INTP's have a lovey-dove side...:D

What's an "ENFP gone bad"?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
gone bad = abusing their sexuality, if you didn't catch that~

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me first say this: any type could go bad. In the sense that they use their strengths for their own purposes or to gain something without regard for others feelings.

I could see how an ENFP's natural ability to read people and also their desire to feel special and wanted could persuade an insecure ENFP to manipulate situations.

I don't know how else to describe it...anyone have any not so good experiences to demonstrate a rogue ENFP?

Oh, I just saw the above post...I think that's what I was trying to describe.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
omg... im getting so frickin good at this suggestive, leaving some things to mystery thing. its scary... holy crap. all thanks to this intp girl. haha~

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think the intp/enfp relationship tends to be destructive

I don't know that it's inherently destructive, but the potential is clearly there. ...some of the more unfortunate possibilities may include:

Flakiness + ultra in daily living
Failure to resolve problems during discussion (i.e. tumbling down the rabbit hole during "important talk time")
Putting off "important talk time" (i.e. conflict resolution) by immersing themselves in separately preferred activities (Example: ENFP: socializing || INTP: books)
INTP may feel threatened by ENFP's social/sexual bravado
ENFP may feel threatened by INTP's critique/input on said behavior

...etc.

Any ENFPs or INTPs experienced this pairing before? I'm sure you guys could illustrate the highs and lows more effectively.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I just found out another big downside about ENFPs. Their emotional attachment with things. The girl I was talking about just this afternoon, just broke up with me. She had just come out of a relationship with a guy she's been with for 5 years, and both of them are not entirely over it. She said I, an INTP, was moving to fast!!! I knew she had a difficult time with her ex and expected difficulty in that, but apparently I looked to much like him. When I met this girl I wore a shirt he owned as well, had the same bedsheets as he did. etc. Quite freaky if you think about it. However, this girl was amazingly surprised at how cool I took the break-up, and mentioned we could just be friends and that I wouldn't be upset at all if I saw her with another guy (something she took as a surprise as her ex had quite a difficult time with it/me), as long as she wouldn't be upset if she saw me with another girl.

I'm slightly sad right now, I never connected with a girl this fast, but on the other hand I've only known her for a week, I'll get over it by tomorrow.

I am very jealous Shimmy. :yes:

I must look very silly now. No matter, I'll get me another one.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just found out another big downside about ENFPs. Their emotional attachment with things. The girl I was talking about just this afternoon, just broke up with me. She had just come out of a relationship with a guy she's been with for 5 years, and both of them are not entirely over it. She said I, an INTP, was moving to fast!!! I knew she had a difficult time with her ex and expected difficulty in that, but apparently I looked to much like him. When I met this girl I wore a shirt he owned as well, had the same bedsheets as he did. etc. Quite freaky if you think about it. However, this girl was amazingly surprised at how cool I took the break-up, and mentioned we could just be friends and that I wouldn't be upset at all if I saw her with another guy (something she took as a surprise as her ex had quite a difficult time with it/me), as long as she wouldn't be upset if she saw me with another girl.

I'm slightly sad right now, I never connected with a girl this fast, but on the other hand I've only known her for a week, I'll get over it by tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of your news. A :hug: from me to you.
I dated a ENFP very briefly. Eh, not so great dating...but if you stay in each others lives there's a good chance you might have met a lifetime friend.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Sorry, dude. She clearly wasn't ready. It seems unfair to you - for her, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Sorry to hear of your news. A :hug: from me to you.
I dated a ENFP very briefly. Eh, not so great dating...but if you stay in each others lives there's a good chance you might have met a lifetime friend.

Yeah I do hope we'll stay, I completely digg that chick, she complements me in a lot of ways, and I do with her. Thanks for the hug. I do need it.

Sorry, dude. She clearly wasn't ready. It seems unfair to you - for her, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

I had noticed her having a very hard time coping with it all, but it still came a bit unexpected to me. I had no clue I reminded her of her ex as much as I did. She said she saw in me a lot of things she missed in him, but I was also freakishly the same in some very important things. At the very least I hope we both have the same feelings about each other seeing other people right now, cause I don't plan on sitting around my house and moping all day (I know it's not very INTP, don't point it out to me).

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Man, if you look at the ENFP quotient of this forum we apparently grow out of the woodwork like mold. Someday, soon, you may well look down and see an ENFP growing fuzzily out of your foot and not know how it got there.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually, in real life, I don't ge along well with most INTP's.
They see me as a fool and I see them as arrogant.
If we bother to know each other better, they seem me as "hey - she does have a brain" and I see them as interesting. Then we can talk and have interesting conversations.
If we don't bother - they see me as a fool and I see them as arrogant.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I do hope we'll stay, I completely digg that chick, she complements me in a lot of ways, and I do with her. Thanks for the hug. I do need it.

I had noticed her having a very hard time coping with it all, but it still came a bit unexpected to me. I had no clue I reminded her of her ex as much as I did. She said she saw in me a lot of things she missed in him, but I was also freakishly the same in some very important things. At the very least I hope we both have the same feelings about each other seeing other people right now, cause I don't plan on sitting around my house and moping all day (I know it's not very INTP, don't point it out to me).

Well, the good thing about P's is that not very much is 'final' ...so ya never know what the future holds. :yes:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I mean, unless she gets distracted and moves to New Zealand. We Ps also do that.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Well, the good thing about P's is that not very much is 'final' ...so ya never know what the future holds. :yes:

Yup, she mentioned that. She was having just as hard a time with it as me, and she said she was in love with me, the circumstances were just completely wrong. I knew they were before, I can see myself doing the same thing if I was in her shoes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: Thanks for understanding her pov and not being bitter about it. You have no idea what that means to us, truly.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
:hug: Thanks for understanding her pov and not being bitter about it. You have no idea what that means to us, truly.

Heh, I think she feels even worse about the break-up then I do. Like I said previously in some other thread. The only "flaw" I could find with her is that she gets emotionally attached to things and takes the world on her shoulders, adding that this is not technically a flaw, but just my T(i) and N(e) wishing she wouldn't burden herself so much.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
WTF... This will be my last post about this matter, period.

Last night she phoned me and to say she wanted to come over to my house. She was quite drunk, but still seemed sensible enough. We had a talk and came to the conclusion that we both love each other, but that she doesn't want a full-time and intense relationship (she's just out of one). Fine with me, just stop by whenever you feel like :hug:.

:D

(On a side note, I explained MBTI to her, and she thinks she's ESFP rather then ENFP. I still think she's ENFP, but we do both agree both types apply to her and that it's hard to tell if she's N or S.)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Eh, a bunch of Ne dominants can use Se. At least as far as this forum seems to indicate.

Lenore Thompson does theorise it is our right brain alternative function.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF... This will be my last post about this matter, period.

Last night she phoned me and to say she wanted to come over to my house. She was quite drunk, but still seemed sensible enough. We had a talk and came to the conclusion that we both love each other, but that she doesn't want a full-time and intense relationship (she's just out of one). Fine with me, just stop by whenever you feel like :hug:.

:D

(On a side note, I explained MBTI to her, and she thinks she's ESFP rather then ENFP. I still think she's ENFP, but we do both agree both types apply to her and that it's hard to tell if she's N or S.)

yay you guys! :smile: