• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] do INFPs have a silly switch?

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sometimes being silly means thinking something in your head, then trying to say the joke aloud but laughing too hard to do so.

Which is funny itself. And everyone else will start laughing because it's amusing.

...Or look at you like an idiot. But on the bright side--you're adding years to your life laughing like that. :yes:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a very *very* silly switch if you happen to feed me liquefied cane sugar, or pure sugar cane juice. I've noticed high fructose corn syrup does not have quite the same effect. Some alcohols also have this effect.
Said effect:
Giggling for extended periods of time followed by reverting into a hyperactive seven year-old(who thinks we should all go out and play in the park), followed by inside jokes, more giggling, a few bouts of out and out laughing, and very fast talking about nonsense. Possibly more giggling after that.
If you get me on the right day, when the moon is blue and the stars are clear you may also encounter my normal sobriety and melancholy slipping away to reveal silliness.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love my silly switch, and right Biaxident if they don't get it tough booty xD.

One time when I was 12ish I laughed at a silly sounding word for 20 minutes straight, honestly I was tired and had too much candy *hershey kisses* haha. Got to love that unexpected giggle fit xD.

Long story short I was watching AFV. I went to the bathroom then as soon as I shut the door I started cracking up. I had to stand by the sink for 10 minutes just to calm back down. AFV is too funny sometimes *sighs blissfully*.

reality.ensues

MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes I burst out laughing (genuinely) at the littlest things, or even when I suddenly remember something. Other times, I act silly to hide from the truth.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Three Steps to Silliness.

#1. Reach around behind yourself, firmly grasp stick lodged in rectum.

#2. Pull stick to remove. Warning! Do not twist, you will leave splinters.

#3. Avoid all situations where wooden objects have the propensity to hurl themselves toward your rectum at high speed.

Now. Get out there and be silly.

Remember. You don't have to stop being silly just because they don't have a sense of humor, or have the intelligence of a mushroom.

lol +1

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I have a very *very* silly switch if you happen to feed me liquefied cane sugar, or pure sugar cane juice. I've noticed high fructose corn syrup does not have quite the same effect. Some alcohols also have this effect.
Said effect:
Giggling for extended periods of time followed by reverting into a hyperactive seven year-old(who thinks we should all go out and play in the park), followed by inside jokes, more giggling, a few bouts of out and out laughing, and very fast talking about nonsense. Possibly more giggling after that.
If you get me on the right day, when the moon is blue and the stars are clear you may also encounter my normal sobriety and melancholy slipping away to reveal silliness.

*Helps Briochick chug a gallon of sugar cane juice* :D

itwasniceknowingyou

MBTI Type
INFP
infp's and enfp's are the silliest. i had serious problems with laughing when a teacher was telling me off. occasionally I still laugh when it's really not appropriate......but i think most people do.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I wouldn't say I have a silly switch, I would say I have a serious switch. :)
When around friends, or with at least one of them in public I'm usually being silly a lot and laugh all the time. I'm also very expressive.
When I'm on my own in public, however, I tend to be a lot more reserved.

infp's and enfp's are the silliest. i had serious problems with laughing when a teacher was telling me off. occasionally I still laugh when it's really not appropriate......but i think most people do.
Yes, laughing in inappropriate situations is basically my shtick :D

Clydesdale

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP silly switch? Heck yes!

When I do something unexpected and goofy, it's usually my way of saying, "Hey friend, I want to fill your life with laughter and happiness."

It's so wonderful to see a friend laugh with joy. :)

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
I wouldn't say I have a silly switch, I would say I have a serious switch. :)
When around friends, or with at least one of them in public I'm usually being silly a lot and laugh all the time. I'm also very expressive.
When I'm on my own in public, however, I tend to be a lot more reserved.

Yes, laughing in inappropriate situations is basically my shtick :D

That sounds about right:yes: I approve of this message, ha ha
...enter silly moment accompanied with a vivid memory slide and associations that I have no idea what they have to do with the current situation... aaaand I`m back.

Although I have to say the silly gets dangerously out of control when I`m with an ENFP friend. We have a similar sense of humour, and I usually do lots of hand gestures/excessive body language and repeated laughing over the subject some time later cuz it`s just too funny to be able to let it go just with a laugh. The other people around are mostly like: :wtf:, which of course makes it even funnier:devil:

And the remembering of funny moments keeps me entertained at hopefully not an inapropriate time, when I`m in class or in a bookstore, cuz it`s probably not that funny to the shop clerk seing some girl laughing over Dracula.

cheers

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
I sometimes test INFP, so I was wondering if the famed ENFP silly switch also happens to introverts. I sometimes test INTJ or ENTP because I have a serious intellectual side. Actually, I might wake up in a mood where Im not serious at all, and stay that way for a time. A couple of ENFPs I know can be silly continually.

man if i could switch that thing 100% of the time i'de do it. Sometimes i just can't do it :(

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I always goof around. But, I can be serious when I want to be.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just read Orobas post where they said "Ne burp" seriously that
turned on my silly switch very quickly.

Wouldn't want it any other way.
But like others have said, can be very serious
as needed :yes:.

A

A window to the soul

I sometimes test INFP, so I was wondering if the famed ENFP silly switch also happens to introverts. I sometimes test INTJ or ENTP because I have a serious intellectual side. Actually, I might wake up in a mood where Im not serious at all, and stay that way for a time. A couple of ENFPs I know can be silly continually.

Yes.

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
Oh I have a very very big silly switch. Only my true friends know about it. I think its why my husband fell in love with me. I can't even explain it, except that its often nonsensical and overly silly, and accompanied by a lot of laughter.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
If the conditions are right, and everything is perfect, the silly and randawesome come out. Then again I do tend to laugh and smile at most everything remotely funny.