• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP females

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, I know you no better than you know the girl in question that the OP (and both of us) were talking about..

it seemed you were okay with interpreting this persons' actions to mirror your own based solely on her being an INFP (supposedly, according to someone else).. so why 'point [anything] out' to me..?

my post you quoted was in response mostly to OP (not to you personally - it seems by your reply you may have taken it the wrong way)..

i was only responding to the idea that you suggested - in a roundabout way saying it may be at play in OPs situation. i stand firm that his details provided were too scanty for a confident conclusion to be drawn. that is my opinion. yours is welcome to differ. but that doesn't make anything personal here with regard to argument.

I don't either, and i never said it was..au contraire.. in fact, the reason i quoted and responded to it was because i thought you made a good point.. i think it's insightful and quite possibly correct, but the rational side of me is/was unwilling to say so without expressing reasonable doubt (after all, it really is a very detail-deficient post we're all responding to here).
i know i can be over-analytical and too careful with rationale at times, but i won't apologise for that...
i will apologise for offending you if i have, however. like i said, nothing was meant personally.. i don't think i've read enough of your posts to make any judgments (or attacks!) anyway.

next time i would appreciate being talked down to a bit less, though- if you come at people with fervor and flame right off the bat they are less likely to say "i'm sorry" and mean it.

i'll quit the rhetoric before this thread is derailed.

Sorry my dear, but accusing me of condenscension is like the pot calling the kettle black. It was the condenscion implicit in your post that I objected to, the one where you basically said you had trouble believing I could tell geniune interest, from intellectual curiosity. Or least that's how I interepted it.
And I don't need a lesson in how to handle people, thanks, but I'll call them as I see them. I don't appreciate being talked down to either and I'll respond in kind. I've had my say, I won't bother you any more.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Sorry my dear, but accusing me of condenscension is like the pot calling the kettle black. It was the condenscion implicit in your post that I objected to, the one where you basically said you had trouble believing I could tell geniune interest, from intellectual curiosity. Or least that's how I interepted it.
And I don't need a lesson in how to handle people, thanks, but I'll call them as I see them. I don't appreciate being talked down to either and I'll respond in kind. I've had my say, I won't bother you any more.

But I thought all he/she said in the original offending post was that, while your explanation was entirely plausible, he/she was going to reserve judgment because the OP didn't include enough details about the situation. And then he/she offered a different opinion on the matter (that, in the case that the OP isn't blatantly using her to satisfy his curiosity, which is likely given the good people-reading skills of the INFP, there was potential for their relationship to become better).

Of course, you can take or leave my interpretation on the matter. I just thought a third-party viewer might be able to give the both of you a more objective look at the situation :).

interesting notion. i can't say it's entirely unlikely..although again i think this is all too general to jump to a conclusion.. so long as OP isn't "using her to satisfy personal curiosity" (which she probably would pick up on relatively quickly anyway) there is open potential.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
we are gonna go on a date soon. i've just been busy with school, work, and hunting other girls down lol

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
we are gonna go on a date soon. i've just been busy with school, work, and hunting other girls down lol

You better get on it if you are serious otherwise it will never happen and the window of opportunity will pass.

No pressure.

Honestly - INFPs will either be repelled by ENFJ "bossiness" or else they can't get enough.

It depends of course on the people involved but also greatly on the maturity of the INFP. Honestly, some INFPs (particularly the immature ones) like being bossed around by an EJ. I know some INFPs will be unhappy I said that, but from observation - it is SOOOOOO true.

When I see this dynamic, I personally wish the INFP would pop the ENFJ upside the head but heyyyyy, whatever works for the two.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
As such, how can I get a good conversation started? What are your experiences with INTP/INFP compatibility? These questions are directed toward anyone.

Hey, INTPs ime tend to get along well with us little INFPs, so good luck. ;) Definitely second what someone said earlier about Ne; it's fun to bounce off interesting ideas and thoughts. See, as other people have also said, small talk to us is like slamming our brains against a brick wall. SO. BORING. We'll be interesting if you're interesting. Fair enough?

Also, to address the OP, INFPs don't open up to just anyone. And taking us at face value is a huge mistake. Just because a girl is shy doesn't mean she doesn't love doing karaoke and dancing the night away, and just because someone doesn't talk twenty-four-seven doesn't mean she doesn't have something to say. I can tell you I personally act different depending on my company. I can be an aloof ice wall or a bubbly little idealist. It depends on how sincere you are--that's how sincere we'll be back. ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly - INFPs will either be repelled by ENFJ "bossiness" or else they can't get enough.

To be fair, all the ENFJs I've known are not bossy at all. I'm a very independent person and dislike authority. No one bosses me around :cool:. However, I still get along well with my ENFJ friends. They actually get a kick out of my feistyness and how I have no problems disagreeing with them.

Also, to address the OP, INFPs don't open up to just anyone. And taking us at face value is a huge mistake. Just because a girl is shy doesn't mean she doesn't love doing karaoke and dancing the night away, and just because someone doesn't talk twenty-four-seven doesn't mean she doesn't have something to say. I can tell you I personally act different depending on my company. I can be an aloof ice wall or a bubbly little idealist. It depends on how sincere you are--that's how sincere we'll be back. ;)

:yes:
Isn't taking any N at face value a huge mistake? :tongue:

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP

I LOVE this about xNFP's. I wish I knew more NF girls.