• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Is it possible to make any chore fun?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Binder tabs ftw!

Tatting is a very old skill of hand-making lace with little needles. Practically no one knows how to do it anymore.

I can tat! I can't believe you tat. There is no end to your amazingness. Go on, show us your shuttle ...

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
I here you Pink!! I absolutely loathe doing the dishes! A necessary evil only. I wish I could be like Samantha from Bewitched and twitch my nose to make them disappear!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are a million things I have to do -- most of them not very complicated -- but all require just a bit of drudgery. I know this is the age-old question for INFPs, but is there a way I can *want* to do them?

I think it's the studying legislation that's holding me back the most because it's the most boring. Thanks for your comments . . .

FUN is a MIND SET.

Yes! All things are fun when you are in a fun state of mind.

I have fun doing literally everything, from dawn to dusk.

I shit you not.

:D

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Pick a friend and go do his/her chores. Washing someone else's dishes in someone else's home with someone else's cleaning equipment reinvents the whole experience!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
There are very few things in this world that are truly impossible. And making chores fun is one of them.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The old house we used to live in, it was incredibly dusty no matter what you did. Plaster walls flaking, poor air circulation, dogs and cats in and out. You'd clean and then a few days later it was a disaster area again. Sis and I used to put on my Mother's old Motown 45s or Elvis, and that would get us through the drudge work at least mentally.

Tilty - girl, you can tat?! What is up with your awesome!? I can't do it myself, I'm a bit of a mess with knitting needles (bite me, Russell Crowe!) so I can only admire the tatting skillz. One of my many Moms tats like a fiend, and used to mail me the most darling doilies and Christmas ornaments.

Glass - if you wiggle your nose and it works, please to be comin' by my house, por favor. Lots of house work I'd like to make disappear.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
J's are no authority on fun. But if an ESFP tells me they can make any chore fun, I'll believe them.

What if that ESFP is an escaped asylum inmate known for pathological lying?! What then! WHAT. THEN.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I like organizing things for other people, but other then that not really. Though sometimes when I'm drunk I get the urge to clean.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Music.

Music is what can make anything tolerable for me. It has just enough of a background flow that I can move to it for the entirety of my work - dishes, working on Quickbooks, anything. I do it for four hours a day at work. I will blast certain types of techno or retro music until I get into my academic groove to do those horrendous papers that have to be a certain length even though I could write one half as long and twice as well done than what the professor is asking for.

That is my only suggestion. Find your form of stimulation that gets you into a working mood, and use it. TV, a calm silence, music - whatever works for you.

Good luck. :headphne:

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
For girls.. to have fun while doing chores just do chores in a french maid outfit or nekkid, heard the latter makes chores 89237465284 times better.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're so subtle, Oprah!! *pinches you* lol

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What if that ESFP is an escaped asylum inmate known for pathological lying?! What then! WHAT. THEN.

When it comes to ESFPs and their self-assessment of how fun something is, even the most insane criminal liar is of a pure heart.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it comes to ESFPs and their self-assessment of how fun something is, even the most insane criminal liar is of a pure heart.

Boo! *breaks off part of your DNA model and tosses it out the window*

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I agree that music, dancing, and nakedness do help quite a lot for almost any chore

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
When I was young, I would gather my cousins together and tell them, "Guys, let's pretend we're competing with another team to get our chores done k? Let's finish first! Hup! Hup! Hup! GO!!" We would literally try to finish as fast as we could and we would laugh our asses off.

Nowadays? I just think of it as, "You are lucky to have these things, why not take care of them?"

I guess I try to find gratitude in what I do have so that I can take care of it properly? Besides that (I know), chores are a friggin drag. I usually do spring cleaning (ex- mopping, tub scrubbing, etc, etc) maybe..? Twice or three times a year. Laundry every week is a must! :)