• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP Date With INFJ Tomorrow

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I have a date with an INFJ tomorrow night...

I am starting to feel ripped inside...I mean, I am thankful to meet an INFJ...and I thought I would just get to know someone my exact type opposite, right?..

Well, now I feel this pull..and it's magnetic. And she's like 55 and I'm 37.

But my feelings are engaging.

I don't want to be rude, but this messing me up.

She called today...said she was in the library (makes sense you might find an INFJ in a library).. I mean, we met at a bookstore.

It's just coffee tomorrow.

This is beginning to pull on me. I mean there's the start of a primal sort of attraction. But I could never get close to her because she's in her 50s.

So I'm gonna do my best to not get too attached to her.

I keep looking for an INFJ who is kind, my age or younger, has similar values, is pretty to get married and be happy.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Meh, what does age matter if you connect (and are both legal)?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh, what does age matter if you connect (and are both legal)?

Are you serious? Is this the startings of an ENTP-ENTP argument..Are you feeling sporty?

Well, honestly it started as a curiousity into her as she's INFJ and I find that really interesting..potential first ever meeting an INFJ woman ya know?...tho I am not interested in her as a wife.

But she's so seemingly available...I didn't expect this level of enthusiasm from an INFJ. I live and I learn. Tis the season.

Thanks for the encouragment Trinity.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
i noticed you re-edited this post and selectively excluded the fact that you drove around all day looking for infj's.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i noticed you re-edited this post and selectively excluded the fact that you drove around all day looking for infj's.

Yup. Check. Did I leave that out? Thanks. I didn't realize I excluded it. I'm putting that back in. And no...Casually perused some places...Spent about 45 mins.

Wow you are dramatic!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
because you reek of desperation and delusions of instant gratification.

First, I condemn your critical spirit.

Desperation? No. Just like to start a family. Notice she must be INFJ. Someone desperate wouldn't be so selective.

Instant gratification? No...oh no. There's many other ways of finding that. Not me. Not now.

Ahh..nevermind. I'm sticking to my passions in life. Relationships are a nightmare...and I can only do what I know. I'm sticking to engineering.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Yup. Check. Did I leave that out? Thanks. I didn't realize I excluded it. I'm putting that back in. And no...Casually perused some places...Spent about 45 mins.
odd, because i could have sworn it was six hours in the original post.
you've also modified the original post several times now, so it sounds less like self-pitying whining. good job. glad to see i could help raise your self-awareness.

First, I condemn your critical spirit
without criticism there would never be any progress.

Desperation? No. Just like to start a family. Notice she must be INFJ. Someone desperate wouldn't be so selective.

yet you would jump at the opportunity to go on a date with someone you've already placed limitations on based on age?

Instant gratification? No...oh no. There's many other ways of finding that. Not me. Not now.

that's too bad. because you make marriage sound so easy.

Ahh..nevermind. I'm sticking to my passions in life. Relationships are a nightmare...and I can only do what I know. I'm sticking to engineering.

:doh:a better idea would be to learn about relationships and work on them.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Why are so many ENTP guys fixated on the idea of an INFJ?
I don't get it.

Nevermind the fact that you seem to need a woman that's younger.

It sounds like you need a serious reality check.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are so many ENTP guys fixated on the idea of an INFJ?
I don't get it.

I don't think it's "so many." I think it's a select few on this forum who are very vocal about their preference.
Out and about, it's been my experience that we simply don't encounter each other much.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm just gonna take a wild guess...

You are ENTJ?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Firstly, thanks for all the hard work you're putting in.

odd, because i could have sworn it was six hours in the original post.
you've also modified the original post several times now, so it sounds less like self-pitying whining. good job. glad to see i could help raise your self-awareness.

It was 6 places. I must have made a mistake.
Some people just want to take care and refine their work. But you seem to know this.

without criticism there would never be any progress.

Past-time for you to progress.

yet you would jump at the opportunity to go on a date with someone you've already placed limitations on based on age?

It didn't start as a date. That's the concern. Why do you feel the need to change the context? Is this learning helping build on the original context? What focus do you prefer?

that's too bad. because you make marriage sound so easy.
You're going too far off track now. That assumption is based on your previous belief.

:doh:a better idea would be to learn about relationships and work on them.

Better idea than what? Learning about relationships is what this site is all about.

Thanks again.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it's "so many." I think it's a select few on this forum who are very vocal about their preference.

Right on iwakar.

Out and about, it's been my experience that we simply don't encounter each other much.

What's your experience interacting with ENTPs? Have you met one IRL?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Honestly, I think there's a fine line between obsession and interest.

MBTI can be taken too far. It's interesting, but people are so much more than their types. And there's a lot of variation between the same type anyways.

I don't know... Just the idea, of you know, searching for INFJ and INFJ only and settling nothing but for INFJ seems kind of taken far. There's never a perfect relationship, not with an INFJ or with anyone else.

I'm just saying because it might be disappointing - for you - if you at some point do find your wife and it's not as perfect as you had thought, because it seems like you're holding INFJs at some sort of pedastal.

Think of all the other options and possibilities you might be ruling out with your quest to find one woman of the specific type.

V

violaine

^+1

Er, and I hate to say it but chances are at 55 she is going to be very interesting... so best of luck with holding the line on that part of the attraction. Still, I hope you have fun!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have dated more people than I care to..and none of them clicked inside other than INFJ.

It's just a waste otherwise. There's no chemistry. There's a connection that is essential.

I am 3% seeking 1.3% plus the right values, attraction, compatibilties.

Thank you. :blush:

V

violaine

Fair enough, not trying to take the wind out of your sails. I am just rather taken aback at the INFJ-love on the board in general; it's nice and all but I wonder how much is rooted in reality. *shrugs*

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fair enough, not trying to take the wind out of your sails. I am just rather taken aback at the INFJ-love on the board in general; it's nice and all but I wonder how much is rooted in reality. *shrugs*

Well that's certainly understandable Sanveane..I mean, just as I don't understand INFJs all that well, INFJs may not understand the depth of caring and feeling an ENTP has when committed to caring for friends in any sort of friendship or relationship.

It goes deep. Trust me. You can't know yourself so trust me.

I'll also add that the date isn't about me.

It's really about what I have to give an appropriate person. And I know in my soul that I am made to give to an INFJ. No other is appropriate for me. So it's more of my half feeling life needing to get to the other, INFJ half.

:blush: