• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] does anyone else have this type of mindset

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I always think to myself that I have to try something before I judge it. I'll do things that aren't even "me" to get a perspective of things, for example I have always had a negative view of drugs and mind altering substances but I wanted to try them just to see what all these other people were feeling. I do a lot of bad stuff just to get the perspective of another person.

P

Phantonym

I always think to myself that I have to try something before I judge it. I'll do things that aren't even "me" to get a perspective of things, for example I have always had a negative view of drugs and mind altering substances but I wanted to try them just to see what all these other people were feeling. I do a lot of bad stuff just to get the perspective of another person.

Yes. I do this with books, movies, music, food and stuff like that. I mean, how do you know if you like or don't like something when you haven't tried it?

And don't you know that drugs are bad, mkay? I like to be in control of my own behaviour. I better not don't need to experiment with drugs to find out that I like them won't like them.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Well not necessarily just other people's views but just also to know for yourself. I want to know. Curiousity.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well not necessarily just other people's views but just also to know for yourself. I want to know. Curiousity.

Curiousity is what killed the cat...
...but satisfaction is what brought him back.

:cheese:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

yeap. with anything. with death too, eventually...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, because I can look at others and learn from their mistakes. Some things are not worth the risks either. I have moral boundaries as well.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Curiousity is one of the driving forces of my life. While I value my inquisitive nature quite highly, it has led me into some morally dubious situations in the past. I'm generally quite a cautious person, but sometimes I just throw caution to the wind and leap into something wholeheartedly.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, I do this as well. I will try almost anything once. :newwink:

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9

Please tell me you've never killed anyone. ;)

So far, I haven't been inclined to think that way. I might have felt like doing something just to get a perspective on things, but the rational side usually stops me. I really hate the rational side sometimes.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I want to know. Curiousity.
No, because I can look at others and learn from their mistakes. Some things are not worth the risks either. I have moral boundaries as well.

I feel a mix of both. Somethings, like drugs, I don't feel like I need to try, even though I'm naturally curious, simply because I don't need drugs to know what addiction and substance abuse and hanging out with a bad crowd are like. I know those already, so I'm okay simulating some experiences with appropriate mixing and matching.

Also, some experiences clearly have no benefit to me because I already understand exactly what I would have had to painstakingly derive in order to to render the whole of it unnecessary for repetition. There's no point throwing a pretty ring into a puddle of muddy water and going to look for it if it's already in my hand and I know that.

Good for you for embracing new situations though. :D

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely have that mindset, when it comes to a new activity, TV shows, etc. Some people are so intent on disliking things that they never even tried themselves. On one hand, you might have an idea you won't like something because you know your interests. But I get confused when someone firmly stands that they dislike something that they haven't tried themselves, or they haven't tried anything vaguely close.

I'm reluctant to give opinions on things that I have little experience with. I do have my limits with the types of things I try, I wouldn't try something daredevilish or things that come with a risk of death, I have an idea of what genres I like with TV. But I'm generally opened to trying new things to see if I like them. There have been things I have tried out of curiosity.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. I might hate it and be highly critical of it later, but it's at least worth trying before judging.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

Try shooting yourself in the foot and tell me if it hurts.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Every god damn day of my life. While I am generally a theoretical person, if an opportunity presents itself to me. I indulge.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
*shoots self in the foot* it hurts.... :cry:

For fuck's sake. Not you.

Come here.

*licks her wound*

This taste. Not bad at all.

*shoots her in the other foot*

I will enjoy this.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
For fuck's sake. Not you.

Come here.

*licks her wound*

This taste. Not bad at all.

*shoots her in the other foot*

I will enjoy this.

*stares directly into your eyes and shoots left hand*

lol what are you going to do with me :hug:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Everything I do is inherently me, even if I don't like it or criticize myself after the fact. You are no different.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
*stares directly into your eyes and shoots left hand*

lol what are you going to do with me :hug:

Luck you. It's a good thing I have everything to stop the bleeding.

*chooses to watch her bleed to death instead*