• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Music and Lyrics

UltimateCowmang

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do the same, listening to mainly the melody of the song... but thats only best english lyrics these days are boring or cheesy. Crap rhymes by rnb/rap/pop artists annoy me. There are a few english songs that have good lyrics and melody but very few. I think thats why the oldies (70s, 80s, and even some 90s) are awesome to listen to. I listen to japanese music (mainly some chinese too) and lyrics are awesome because i dont understand them. So the lyrics become part of the melody and to complete the song, the singer must have a very good voice to suit.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The music is important, but lyrics can elevate a song from being just pleasant listening to something meaningful to me. To be perfectly honest, I can take or leave most music without lyrics...I appreciate it, but it's not something I listen to often. I love the way music and lyrics work together, either in sincerity or irony. If I'm not focusing on the lyrics, I'm less likely to remember a song. I'm terrible at those games where you have to identify a song given a part of the melody.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hee, this makes me think of the movie Music and Lyrics. There's this quote that's appropriate:

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time. The physical attraction. Sex. But then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics. Their story. Who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magical."

They go hand in hand, you appreciate both. :D