• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ weaknesses are character defects(?)

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wyst...Are you Ne testing with this^...

*Wyst makes an attempt to add trustworthy people to his close friends. (Count me in!, OK!)

We gotta talk.

Mmmmmaybe I'm Ne testing the waters to see where people stand before I reveal my stance on the subject at hand... :-/
And by the way... this is the second time I've seen you do emotes for other people. Very strange...

i totally understand what you're saying in the above paragraph. i think we feel the urge to jump in because we are picking up on the flow and reading the people, and sincerely enjoying the moment, and have immense thoughts and feelings flying all about our heads and bodies. but i do believe being a true infj keeps us from jumping in there.

Perhaps - but eventually 20-something INFJ, through the years and life experiences because a 50-something INFJ. That INFJ isn't still going to hold back if they don't really want to - they've learned when to go for things and when to hold back through life lessons. So here's a question for ya, does that (being a developed INFJ) UNmake them an INFJ?

what is the big deal anyway? if we don't jump in there, we are still part of the conversation. the listening part, which can be more fascinating. if we do jump in there, it usually falls flat, right? it just does. okay, maybe we'll get lucky and our moment will be amazing, but then it will pass and we won't be able to sustain it for the most part, and we'll skulk back into the crowd hopefully unnoticed......haha. you know what i mean?

Trust me. I know what you mean.
But eventually if you figure out when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, wouldn't you want to take advantage of that knowledge?

i think you are an awesome infj trying to make yourself into an enfj, estp, estj, ? or something like that.

No way! I'm just trying to develop myself as an INFJ.

are you finding it hard to be patient and to be a true infj because you feel like you can't meet women that way? that the women flock to the 'life of the party,' or more extroverted men, and that your normal activities aren't condusive to meeting interesting women?

Nnnnooo, that's not really it...
I'm even talking about participating in conversations about theology, politics...whatever and those things have nothing to do with women and romance. Man, I used to just BRISTLE whenever my parents started talking about matters of faith, politics and other controversial stuff. Not anymore though - and it's really helped me deepen my friendship with them because I'm not so touchy.

but forcing yourself to act in a way that goes against your intuition --our specialty function--is just driving you further from who you really are. :smoke:

EXCELLENT advice.

Ooooonnne smmmaaaaalll concession though... who we are now is not who we're destined to be. I'm always changing. Thank God for that.. otherwise I'd still be the irritating 15-year old that knew no limits...

*looks around for ENTPs to irritate*

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps - but eventually 20-something INFJ, through the years and life experiences because a 50-something INFJ. That INFJ isn't still going to hold back if they don't really want to - they've learned when to go for things and when to hold back through life lessons. So here's a question for ya, does that (being a developed INFJ) UNmake them an INFJ?

hmmm. i don't consciously think to myself, usually, "should i hold back or go for it?" i just ride my intuition on such things. i have made a fool of myself plenty of times though, and said inappropriate things at inappropriate times. to me it's just all part of being infj--or who i am. hopefully i get better with time.

Trust me. I know what you mean.
But eventually if you figure out when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, wouldn't you want to take advantage of that knowledge?

i think i'm pretty good the way i am.

Nnnnooo, that's not really it...
I'm even talking about participating in conversations about theology, politics...whatever and those things have nothing to do with women and romance. Man, I used to just BRISTLE whenever my parents started talking about matters of faith, politics and other controversial stuff. Not anymore though - and it's really helped me deepen my friendship with them because I'm not so touchy.

well, i used to see things more as black and white. i struggled with my purist ideals regarding things like parenting, spanking, mothering, schooling, etc., principles i hold with utmost conviction in my heart. but i've seen as i go through life there really ARE lots o' ways o' being and thank gosh for that. makes life more interesting. and, henceforth, i am just not so touchy anymore because i really do value many different opinions and viewpoints, and believe anything can be negotiated. the main thing that gets my gruff anymore is when others misconstrue what i say and stamp a label on me accordingly, i guess because i'm flexible and always open for change---.

Ooooonnne smmmaaaaalll concession though... who we are now is not who we're destined to be. I'm always changing. Thank God for that.. otherwise I'd still be the irritating 15-year old that knew no limits...

i guess i'm just different than other infj i've seen on here. it seems like i haven't always tried so hard to be a wonderful "infj", i just knew i was an idealist about some things, and a purist about others. perhaps it has been a good thing overall that i only just recently discovered mbti.......i couldn't obsess about all my little idiosyncracies too much cuz i thought people were all basically having the same struggles.

*looks around for ENTPs to irritate*

that is soooo fun, isn't it?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, yes, and that is unnerving. Sooner or later there will be a backlash too. :yes:

Hopefully it won't go so far as to cause a backlash. You guys don't deserve that, even if INFJs are being a bit idolized at the moment.

INFJs are savvy enough to know that good publicity can easily morph into bad publicity, so we prefer to shun the hoopla altogether.

Oh limelight, thou art a fickle mistress.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs are savvy enough to know that good publicity can easily morph into bad publicity, so we prefer to shun the hoopla altogether.

Oh limelight, thou art a fickle mistress.

You realize that just makes them want to try harder, right? ;)

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Where's my frustrated banana emoticon when I need it?

Here, use this one. It's one of my favorites...
teeth.gif

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
You realize that just makes them want to try harder, right? ;)

Merely reverse psychology at its finest...

INFJs secretly crave the attention... they just don't want the negativity associated with it. Therefore in this case, they get to bask in the limelight... but if anything goes wrong. It's not "their fault". Blame it all on those ENTPs. :devil:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Merely reverse psychology at its finest...

INFJs secretly crave the attention... they just don't want the negativity associated with it. Therefore in this case, they get to bask in the limelight... but if anything goes wrong. It's not "their fault". Blame it all on those ENTPs. :devil:

Nein fraulein.

I not-so-secretly crave connection, appreciation, and validation.

On the contrary, I have no desire to be a one-woman musical-circus complete with monkeys and trombones. I leave that to the ENFJs.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:yes:
That's the answer for almost EVERY problem.

tsk tsk.
this is a major character defect on your part. we are the cause of almost every problem. :devil:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tsk tsk.
this is a major character defect on your part. we are the cause of almost every problem. :devil:

+1 Wyst
+2 Jen

I'm gonna have to start a tally board soon.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
tsk tsk.

And that's why the ANSWER is to blame you for it.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If that was meant as an insult, you've failed miserably. Everyone knows that INFJ tears are beautiful as diamonds, turn into skittles when they hit the ground, and can be used to heal people.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
they can't do much healing from inside my belly.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
they can't do much healing from inside my belly.

Well maybe you should stop eating INFJs. The tears aren't supposed to be ingested. They are a topical salve.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
but the skittles, the skittles!!!

(ok fine, we can switch then... :devil:)

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
If that was meant as an insult, you've failed miserably. Everyone knows that INFJ tears are beautiful as diamonds, turn into skittles when they hit the ground, and can be used to heal people.

Oh my.:cheese:
------------------------
Non-sarcastic information here!

I think I saw a comment on infjs blaming other people. I find this funny as someone that takes responsibility for their mistakes and works to deal with my issues. I had major problems with a friend a recently. There were things that I had *NO* idea that I was doing at all. He was kind enough to explain it to me. I asked him to let me process the information and we would talk later. I watched the way I expressed myself and found the information to be true. It was shortly after that I decided to go back to counseling to deal with these issues. :D

marmandahalf

Be honest: did you rip this idea, at least partially, from Albie the Racist Dragon?