• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] House, M.D.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
I would like to know what the NF's think about the dynamic between House and Wilson.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wilson is the enabler.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
wilson is the student

in fact, i compare wilson to watson and house to sherlock. i don't think i'm far off.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wilson is the king of the hypocrites, the typical two-faced bastard. He never really helps his so-called "friend".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate House, I don't get why everybody likes the show, the main character is a shallow asshole, and if I knew him in real life I'd probably want to push him off of a cliff.

I tried to watch it a few times, and I really don't like it. It's funny because I usually dig black comedy and dry humor. He's just such an arrogant misogynist that I just don't "get it".

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wilson is the king of the hypocrites, the typical two-faced bastard. He never really helps his so-called "friend".
House isn't exactly the easiest guy to get along with, and stubborn to boot. Wilson tries to help (e.g. He drove him to his father's funeral, he helps him to realize his feelings). But he can only do so much.

I hate House, I don't get why everybody likes the show, the main character is a shallow asshole, and if I knew him in real life I'd probably want to push him off of a cliff.
I love House. But I already knew I loved shallow assholes :wubbie:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

you can say alot about house, but he's not shallow.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah the creators have already mentioned how many Sherlock references they've dropped in the show to make the parallel.

I agree with the comment that Wilson is the bitch. Wilson even dated a girl that resembled House (Cutthroat Bitch) because he couldn't have House. Ah well, Wilson is a sad little puppy dog that loves EVERYONE though. House himself, he is simultaneously fully aware of himself and completely in the dark as to who he is.

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
why is this in the NF column?

I made a futile attempt to place one thread here and one in the NT column. I'm not sure how honest NF's would prefer to be in the world of the NT, hence two separate threads in two separate places. On the other hand, F vs T interactions are always entertaining.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wilson and House think in similar ways. Wilson uses an optimistic facade that denies logic and self-interest rather than a rational one that denies meaning and value.

Wilson is an NF archetype, House is an NT archetype. It's so painfully obvious that I wouldn't be at all surprised if the writers had been influenced by Jungian theory.

If I were to guess the character's types:

House: INTJ
Wilson: INFP

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+1 for ENTP, I'm convinced. Js don't do what house does, simple as that. You're probably misconceiving thinking for being an INTJ :laugh:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
House: INTJ
Wilson: INFP

Oh, please, for God's sake, no-o-o-o-o, not again!

House: ENTP
Wilson: ISFJ.

That's not an INTJ. The amount of screwing with people, the love of chaos, the deductive thinking.... It's an ENTP.

And what do I think of Wilson... he loves the pain. But he's not NF. Otherwise House would draw him out into having much more fun, instead of just the little, inconsistent snippets.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think they're in love.

House: ENTP (played convincingly enough to have me believe that Hugh Laurie is an ENTP)
Wilson: His wit, humor, mannerisms, and the fact that he is a pussy say ENFP to me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think they're in love.

House: ENTP (played convincingly enough to have me believe that Hugh Laurie is an ENTP)
Wilson: His wit, humor, mannerisms, and the fact that he is a pussy say ENFP to me.
This is pretty close to my impression. I would have guessed Wilson as ENFJ, but there is some kind of more compelling connection between them which might be Ne.

I like the dynamic between them. It is a bit complex. I enjoy the times Wilson manages to call House out. Wilson is usually in the passive role, but has his moments of insight that actually connect back to House and makes him think.

House is an interesting icon. That model of behavior and thinking holds strong influence in society. More people emulate that sort of behavior now since the show, but I think it was present in society which partly generated the character. House is a kind of social icon. That is my impression, but the overall concept is still vague and not fully formed.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think they're in love.

You know, come to think of it... I guess I can see Wilson as ENFP.

Although now I think House is an ENTJ. He's just too serious to be a P. I'll buy the E, though.