• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] House, M.D.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
^

opinion definition | Dictionary.com

the first definition.

keep in mind that i never stated anything as fact or truth or otherwise within scientific merit. i did not face any counter arguments either, because arguably i proposed the first incitement towards discussion (with an opinion, no less!). none of this is within scientific merit, and as such, is completely irrelevant. thanks for trying though, pippi. i'll let you know next time we need irrelevant statements in the middle of an irrelevant discussion.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^It's not that simple. You can't just extend a preexisting theory (which is in effect, what you are trying to do), with your own opinions without a substantiating argument which has a logical basis. You may come up with your own typology theory with unicorns and purple trolls and whatnot - noone is going to challenge you there, you will simply be dismissed. But it is invalid to take terms with established, commonly understood meanings (as in function theory - whether the theory is held to be "scientific" or not) and just bolt on your own idiosyncratic interpretations, then use that as justification for assigning a type to someone.

We can only type people because we (are able to) share a common understanding of what the functions are, so that we know when we talk about an ENTP, we can expect to see certain characteristics and when we talk about an ENFP, others. Otherwise I could say someone is an ESTJ because in my opinion he/she likes strawberry jam and, in my opinion, all ESTJs like strawberry jam and since all opinions are equally valid, I must be correct.

I hope you see how ludicrous that is.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
^It's not that simple. You can't just extend a preexisting theory (which is in effect, what you are trying to do), with your own opinions without a substantiating argument which has a logical basis. You may come up with your own typology theory with unicorns and purple trolls and whatnot - noone is going to challenge you there, you will simply be dismissed. But it is invalid to take terms with established, commonly understood meanings (as in function theory - whether the theory is held to be "scientific" or not) and just bolt on your own idiosyncratic interpretations, then use that as justification for assigning a type to someone.

We can only type people because we (are able to) share a common understanding of what the functions are, so that we know when we talk about an ENTP, we can expect to see certain characteristics and when we talk about an ENFP, others. Otherwise I could say someone is an ESTJ because in my opinion he/she likes strawberry jam and, in my opinion, all ESTJs like strawberry jam and since all opinions are equally valid, I must be correct.

I hope you see how ludicrous that is.

I guess bluemonday wins.

heart

heart on fire
that wasn't my claim. i'm not claiming that NFs can be more empathetic, i'm claiming the strength and moral/goal of their empathy is greater than that of SFs.

How so?

To clarify: Please explain how you even come up with ideas relating to Feeling as judgement in your system where it is possible to be a INxP. Is that person a feeler or a thinker?

When you say SF, do you really mean ISxJ, ISxP, ESxP, ESxJ?

I mean I have no proper frame of reference to know what you mean when you are usually referencing your own system.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

This is unfair to ask because, it's like, his opinion, man.

Neither of you are correct, since this is based entirely off of opinion. Whether one person's opinion makes more sense than the other is irrelevant, because nothing is going to change here. Even if someone's opinion isn't inaccurate... well... you're not gonna change it. Especially not an NTPs' opinion, since to them their logic is absolute until otherwise proven, and here we have a case of two people's logic being absolute to them and then arguing about it. Quite hilarious and entertaining.

You use the term "logic" here very loosely, do you not? Because I have yet to see anything remotely logical in Sentura's post.

I mean really, no one is gonna change an ENTP's opinion... ever. There's no point in trying even if you're right.

Wrongo!

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
bluemonday: actually i can. i mean, i just did it. whether you want to listen to it is entirely another matter.

it's a shame you aren't allowed to ignore moderators.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You use the term "logic" here very loosely, do you not? Because I have yet to see anything remotely logical in Sentura's post.

That entire post was meant to be pseudo silly, so yeah. Loosely.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Can Fi and Ti even work well in the same head?

prolly not in parallel...ones most likely more dominant than the other depending on the situation

or one kick starts and then the other takes over for follow through...can lead to very fucked possibilities and screw with your head

i think this happens sometimes with me with Fe/Ti...just a speculation at best...