• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Thoughts on this type relationship

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
ESTJ with an INFP?

Anyone have any experience?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ (m) and INFP (f) is fairly common, and can work. The ESTJ handles real world matters, and can ground the INFP while letting them float in their heads. The INFP keeps the ESTJ from overbearing themselves with stress. You sacrifice the depth of connection, though. Gender can matter because of the ESTJ tendency to respect social status and gender roles.

There have been threads on this topic before, I'm sure a bit of searching will bear much fruit.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
It can work just as well as any other type combination. There are good and bad to all of them, and it really comes down to less about personality type and more about willing to adjust to and meet with your partner in the middle. (And yes, there are stubborn Ps and flexible Js, it just depends on the individual)

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My friend is INFP and very, very indecisive. I think she would go well with someone who is able to be very decisive and a quick decision maker like the ESTJ.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it would. I'm actually highly interested in meeting an ESTJ female to see how it would go.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Married; 20 years now. Happily.

Although I do not "float around in my head" - working full-time, running my business and having two teenagers prevent a life as such. :) I'm a busy girl!

Search some of my old posts for more thoughts on the topic.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
there's no way i could ever be with an ESTJ. My sister is that type, and if we weren't related i would probably hate her more than anything in the world

Ermey.jpg

i watched the full metal jacket movie for the first time ever last night, and even though the character is very extreme and overdone, it seemed familiar in a way ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there's no way i could ever be with an ESTJ. My sister is that type, and if we weren't related i would probably hate her more than anything in the world

The thing is, in a friendship or lovers relationship an ESTJ wouldn't act that way. They only do that because they care (at least I think so). I don't think they are trying to be cruel. It's a huge misunderstanding, an ESTJ in a stressed leadership position or sibling rivalry position would be drastically different from one that is your friend or lover.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Rabid bulldogs superglued to the past.