• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Where to find an INFJ?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*cues Hall and Oates' "Private Eyes"*

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
RE: OP

Is all this input useful? Did we ever mission accomplish on the OPs goal?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I think the best place to find infj is at their own place of residence.

yea - but don't go looking from there.

I find it funny that the infj I know is the only person I know whom I have absolutely no idea what she does in her sparetime.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
yea - but don't go looking from there.

I find it funny that the infj I know is the only person I know whom I have absolutely no idea what she does in her sparetime.
That could be said of the vast majority of people who know me at all.

P

Phantonym

My point exactly. It seems that no matter how much INFJs enjoy observing people in their own natural habitats, they enjoy their own company even more.

To the OP: INFJs are everywhere. There are no easy solutions for finding one.
I know it's not the best advice in the world but if you really want to meet an INFJ, just be yourself and enjoy doing the things you do. Wait for the INFJ to find you. If you're staying true to yourself, they do find you eventually.

That could be said of the vast majority of people who know me at all.

That is so true. I have friends who have known me well over a decade and they've never even visited my house. We live in the same city. I love them and they love me, most of the time. It is true what they say - My home is my castle.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

No not for me. I hate it when people come looking for me at my home.

The best place to find me is probably at home, but don't just show up at my front door. Unless I am expecting you, I probably won't answer the door.

I do love it at home. I can't tell you how many times I've gone out of town and upon walking in the door felt this overwhelming sense of relief and thought to myself, "Why do I ever leave?"

P

Phantonym

Unless I am expecting you, I probably won't answer the door.

I've actually done that. They kept banging at my door and I'm like: "Whatever. You don't respect me enough to let me know when to put on my polite face, why should I have any respect for you".

I felt really bad afterwards, though :(

All I'm saying, give me the heads up and I'll be at my best behaviour.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've actually done that. They kept banging at my door and I'm like: "Whatever. You don't respect me enough to let me know when to put on my polite face, why should I have any respect for you".

I felt really bad afterwards, though :(

All I'm saying, give me the heads up and I'll be at my best behaviour.

me too. or i tell the kids to tell them i'm 'putting the baby down' which is usually true.

but most of the time if i do show up and greet them i have a fun time after all, and am glad i did.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Really? I like the drop by. Unless the person is scary. Or I never told them where I live and they suddenly seem to know...However, I grew up in a more ruralish environment where people used to do that more often.

Oh, I forgot to mention that you will also find INFJs who like likes you somewhere that coincides with your daily comings and goings (they've been watching). But they won't approach you, although they'll be receptive if you approach them. They will act awkward if teased, but they'll secretly like it.

They seem to have a small collection of usual hangouts where they know what to expect, home being the biggest one. I like being a "regular" somewhere, and while I may get to know some of the staff or other patrons, it is more through observation than from initiating conversations. If a conversation presents itself though and the person is alright, I like knowing the inside scoop on what is going on around me. It takes a little to get us to move outside of our usual range of places, but we usually enjoy it once we try it, as long as it's not too drastic of a change all at once.

When eating out, I stick to something I know I'll love on the menu or go to the same restaurant to avoid risking something I don't like. However, on the occasions that people have gotten me to try something different, I usually have been quite enthusiastic after I got used to the idea. Same with trying new types of food. I have had a couple of boyfriends who have made it their personal mission to prepare eggs or fish or something that I didn't like it such a way that I'd would love it. They were rather persistent, like in Green Eggs and Ham, and it worked (though not with devilled eggs - blech!!! Even with pretty sprinkles of paprika).

Last edited: