• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why NFs think that they understand NTs ?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
See I prefer this type of honest, albeit misguided, answer than someone pretending to be Mother Theresa.

Just say that you really believe that most of us are just trying to stir shit up, rather than get to the truth. And I will admit that I believe that most of you lie constantly to keep the peace (which may also be misguided). Then we can work from there if we really care about understanding each other.

If I haven't posted in this thread it's because the premise just isn't worth my time.

People keep trying to pin NTs against NFs and vice versa as if we inherently had a problem understanding each other...more so than any other two groups and I just don't get it.

I have NT friends and we haven't got much problem communicating with each other. Whether it's talking about feeling or logic or whatever.

Maybe this is a safe haven for the extreme cases, I dunno, but as I started typing people in real life and making them take tests I've found that a lot of the ones I'd say were Fs were in fact Ts and vice versa.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have a hard enough time figuring out my own motivations so I doubt I'd be very good at guessing someone else's. I do spend an inordinate amount of time trying to understand my own motivations and trying to listen to the very soft voice of my Fi. Status update: It needs a microphone and I need a hearing aid.

Being an ENXP, I've found it difficult to identify with both the experiences of strong feelers and strong thinkers. This thread has been helpful in seeing that I may be leaning towards one or the other type depending on the sphere of existence.

heart

heart on fire
I think it's funny how people respond and flame him even if his accusation/question doesn't apply to them, like in the NFs pitying themselves thread, I wasn't offended at all because I don't pity myself or make those posts, and those kinds of posts annoy me as well.

I wanted to address this but was really mentally fatigued yesturday so I waited.

I strongly disagree with both your and AO's assertion that these threads are "self-pity" or necessarily a bad thing. Most of what I see is just Feelers working through some of their stuff and I've been there too. I am not ashamed of being Feeling nor do I feel a need to try and pretend I am more like a Thinker.

So maybe it's not a question of getting offended on a personal level but of disagreeing with his stance to begin with.

If Thinkers want to avoid the more passionate displays of Feeling what are they doing in the NF folders and clicking on those links anyway?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If I haven't posted in this thread it's because the premise just isn't worth my time.

People keep trying to pin NTs against NFs and vice versa as if we inherently had a problem understanding each other...more so than any other two groups and I just don't get it.

I have NT friends and we haven't got much problem communicating with each other. Whether it's talking about feeling or logic or whatever.

Maybe this is a safe haven for the extreme cases, I dunno, but as I started typing people in real life and making them take tests I've found that a lot of the ones I'd say were Fs were in fact Ts and vice versa.

Of course that may be true. No one is saying that MBTI is the be all and end all of personality crap, so I didn't bother to add the disclaimer. But if we didn't buy into at least some parts of it, then why are we all here?

It could be safe to say that we are a lot more honest here than irl. People may be just grinning and bearing it. Others, like me, may not be aware of how they are coming off to more sensitive people. Discussions like this may seem pointless, accusatory or redundant to those who have seen them before, but for people who are new to this, it could be helpful. It was for me, at least.

heart

heart on fire
It could be safe to say that we are a lot more honest here than irl. People may be just grinning and bearing it. Others, like me, may not be aware of how they are coming off to more sensitive people. Discussions like this may seem pointless, accusatory or redundant to those who have seen them before, but for people who are new to this, it could be helpful. It was for me, at least.

Yes, this is the true beauty of the internet and why I'll always be grateful for the time I have spent on it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Ok that is great but this isn't about this. This is about cases when communication goes wrong.

I wanted to address this but was really mentally fatigued yesturday so I waited.

I strongly disagree with both your and AO's assertion that these threads are "self-pity" or necessarily a bad thing. Most of what I see is just Feelers working through some of their stuff and I've been there too. I am not ashamed of being Feeling nor do I feel a need to try and pretend I am more like a Thinker.

So maybe it's not a question of getting offended on a personal level but of disagreeing with his stance to begin with.

If Thinkers want to avoid the more passionate displays of Feeling what are they doing in the NF folders and clicking on those links anyway?

I am not sure where you got the idea that I am that such a anti F ?

My experiances with NFs are limited but I doubt that I would invest that much energy in the case I just want to stay a way for them.

But I do think that there are threads or parts of the threads that are full of bad emotions just for the sake of it. Butthat is becuase this is your need at least that is how it looks like.

In a way starting of your thread is exactly about this thread is all about.
Since your actions are pointing in a direction that some of your feelings got hurt. Just becuse we disagree that does not mean that someone should put on a show because of that. This is exactly why we can get annoyed in real life when it comes to this.

heart

heart on fire
Since your actions are pointing in a direction that some of your feelings got hurt.

A pure assumption on your part. My feelings are not hurt. I was expressing both an opinion and what my impressions were.

Just becuse we disagree that does not mean that someone should put on a show because of that. This is exactly why we can get annoyed in real life when it comes to this.

I don't even know what you're saying here. Merely expressed disagreement with some of your comments and some of BC. To you that's putting on a "show"? If so, you're clearly more sensitive than I am.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Meh I just said that they kinda annoyed me. The only ones that annoyed me though are when people are looking for advice, then they get it, and then they won't take it. :steam:

It's not offensive to me.

heart

heart on fire
Meh I just said that they kinda annoyed me. The only ones that annoyed me though are when people are looking for advice, then they get it, and then they won't take it. :steam:

It's not offensive to me.

Well, those threads are probably more about someone wanting to vent and express than anything else.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
A pure assumption on your part. My feelings are not hurt. I was expressing both an opinion and what my impressions were.

I don't even know what you're saying here. Merely expressed disagreement with some of your comments and some of BC. To you that's putting on a "show"? If so, you're clearly more sensitive than I am.

Yes it is "putting on a show" especially since you placed so many of cry smilies over there so I think that you are overreacting.
But I am not bothered by this since this is nothing new actually.

heart

heart on fire
Yes it is "putting on a show" especially since you placed so many of cry smilies over there so I think that you are overreacting.
But I am not bothered by this since this is nothing new actually.

Oh I thought you mean my response in this thread. :D

Yes, I did put on a show there but it was all in fun. Man, life's too short not to have some fun and laugh about things. But my feelings weren't hurt, it was more like the :devil: made me do it. It's giving people a chance to talk about things that hurt them and have some fun poking at both the need for self-pity and the people who can't deal with the need for self pity at the same time. And since it is in the private NF folder it really wasn't meant for you anyway. I can pity myself at times and give myself sympathy and I can also laugh at myself for being human at same time.

In simple terms I was poking fun at myself and at you. :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh I thought you mean my response in this thread. :D

Yes, I did put on a show there but it was all in fun. Man, life's too short not to have some fun and laugh about things. But my feelings weren't hurt, it was more like the :devil: made me do it.

Oh, and by :devil:, she means the Devil. I'm just letting you know in case they don't have it in your culture or call it something else.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
AS-one, I think you are farming content for a book you are writing or something...hope you are getting good material from all of your provocative threads!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, I agree, something just doesn't sit right.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
you think he's bad? how about coberst, he doesn't even talk outside his own threads. i'd consider him farming before this guy.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
AS-one, I think you are farming content for a book you are writing or something...hope you are getting good material from all of your provocative threads!

Sorry but I have never been really close to anyone so many databank in these kinds of things is quite incomplete. I am just a guy which is getting out of isolation and I am trying to get as much info as I can. Nothing more.
In a way I am farming but not for the purpose you are saying.

Since I am alone through my entire life it is enevitable that I hold positions that can be seen as provocative.

Yeah, I agree, something just doesn't sit right.

Feel to ask if you have a question.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry but I have never been really close to anyone so many databank in these kinds of things is quite incomplete. I am just a guy which is getting out of isolation and I am trying to get as much info as I can. Nothing more.
In a way I am farming but not for the purpose you are saying.

Since I am alone through my entire life it is enevitable that I hold positions that can be seen as provocative.

Good luck with that! I've been trying to do the same thing for 3 years... and I've made no progress. It's so intimidating, isn't it? :( It's just not easy to associate with people or build a network of friends when you don't trust people. There's also the concerns about things getting harder to control if you begin relying on people for things. It's all so messy.