• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] I'm jealous of people who are good at extroverted sensing

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can get better at it!

I'm getting better at trying to get in touch with how I feel about things, something that is probably effortless for you to do. I literally have to set myself aside a few times a day and assess my feelings, and try to identify why I feel that way and what I believe about it.

It sounds silly, but for me the default thing to do in any given situation is to think through the problem, solve it, and move on.

What specifically do you wish to improve? :cheese:

R

Riva

Why cant I be better at it :/

cus you have Si = off topic

but anyway i think(not sure) every one has every function or something like that.

you become and begin to have a personality when you become comfortable using those functions in the proper sequence(i think).

so you become an ESTP not because you were born that way but because you feel most comfortable using Se, Ti.

but you have to (i think) understand what that function is like or think like people who feels comfortable using these function(get in to their heads/ think like they Do) if you really wanna use it/apply it in your life.

for ex - i always try to think like a NF. and think what would an NF do. and help people and be nice to them.

people = pretty girls with hot bodies and pretty eyes.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
You can get better at it!

I'm getting better at trying to get in touch with how I feel about things, something that is probably effortless for you to do. I literally have to set myself aside a few times a day and assess my feelings, and try to identify why I feel that way and what I believe about it.

It sounds silly, but for me the default thing to do in any given situation is to think through the problem, solve it, and move on.

What specifically do you wish to improve? :cheese:

Just acting out on impulses. Like sometimes I will feel like saying something, or bursting out with something crazy, but my problem is that I always take time beforehand to think in my mind how something is going to come out, and eventually it just causes me enough anxiety so that it doesn't come out or at least not the way I intended it to, you know?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looking around and noticing my surroundings, realizing the things in the immediate context, and making decisions based off of what I can see and what's reliable in reality is SO difficult.

[/sarcasm]

On the net there are plenty of links for developing various functions. How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes This one may help you out.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good. You should be jealous.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Looking around and noticing my surroundings, realizing the things in the immediate context, and making decisions based off of what I can see and what's reliable in reality is SO difficult.

[/sarcasm]

Makes me tired :sleeping:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Heads up!

*throws a basketball at whimsical*

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just acting out on impulses. Like sometimes I will feel like saying something, or bursting out with something crazy, but my problem is that I always take time beforehand to think in my mind how something is going to come out, and eventually it just causes me enough anxiety so that it doesn't come out or at least not the way I intended it to, you know?

The only advice I have to give, having overcome such fears early in life myself, is "JUST GO FOR IT!" :D

To hell with what anyone thinks, really. If you believe yourself to be a capable person of good intent then why not just be yourself and see what happens?

Trrryyyyyy iiiiiiit! Yooooou'll liiiiike iiiiit! ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, Whimsical, don't let these guys get you down. Seriously, I'm a complete TARD when it comes to Se, which is why sports class was an absolute nightmare and I thanked my lucky stars that I did not have sports class in high school.

I also notice this when someone says something unexpected and I'm like a deer in headlights and think of all the brilliant things I could have said after the fact.

It seems like an obvious answer, but the best way is simply to practice due to exposure. Teaching has helped me deal with the unexpected, for example, but I think I have handled that by training my Ne to deal with it.

E.g. someone asks me some random thing. Brain goes into active mode thinking of possible explanations and reactions in a fraction of a second, a natural mode for me. Se dom would come right out and blurt something, and so do I, but we come from different points.

So what I mean is, you let your other strengths compensate for your weakness until you get enough practice to develop it.

In addition, it helps to hang out with people who possess the strengths you desire. For example, my husband has a much more strongly developed Se than I have. So what ends up happening is that we go for a walk, I'm daydreaming about crazy stuff, and he'll say, "Hey, look at that bird," or "Did you see him?" That kind of thing wakes me up. At first I'll be like "Huh, heh, uh, what...???" And then after a while I start noticing things around me by myself. Seriously, I used to not even notice the seasons changing until one day it was like BAM, holy crap, it's summer - how the hell did that happen??? Now, I tell my husband stuff like, "Look at the beautiful leaves changing." It's a gradual process, but if you always hang out with Se-tards you'll never get there.

Hope this helps.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only advice I have to give, having overcome such fears early in life myself, is "JUST GO FOR IT!" :D

To hell with what anyone thinks, really. If you believe yourself to be a capable person of good intent then why not just be yourself and see what happens?

Trrryyyyyy iiiiiiit! Yooooou'll liiiiike iiiiit! ;)

Seriously, Whimsical, dude, this is awesome advice. At the end of the day, no one (except maybe one or two special people) give a shit about you, so why give a shit about what other people think?

I used to be soooo anal retentive. What will this one think? How will he react? The only person I gave a hard time was myself. Seriously, dude, no one cares. Just go out there and be nuts. I'm sure 99% of people on here think I'm a total fool. Do I care? Hell no! Why not? I'll probably never meet any of these people, and if they don't want to listen, hell, that's why God made a wonderful thing called an ignore button.

Either people care in which case they won't think that. Or they won't care, in which case they 'press the ignore button' in real life. As long as you aren't hurting yourself or someone else, go for what you want and believe and think and screw everyone else's opinion. 'Cause the truth is, no one is obsessing like we can obsess about ourselves. :D

wolfy

awsm
I was a bit like that when I was younger. Becoming anxious over your anxiety makes it worse.
It's a good thing you think through what you are going to say. Some people are idiots and have no filter from their brain to their mouth.

At the end of the day all you can do is spit it out and see what happens.

You don't need to worry about what others think. If you knew how often others were thinking about you, you'd be insulted.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
On the net there are plenty of links for developing various functions. How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes

Ni: So I'm supposed to think this is a good way to develop functions I don't use but really this is just another proof that Lenore hates Fe.

Actually I don't know, I'm just guessing, but it's sort of interesting to wonder which function one is actually using when one goes through those exercises.

Te and Ni exercises are shortest. Anyone got a type on Lennie?

But seriously, if one becomes aware of how some function is normally used, and makes a conscious effort to mimic it, does it become second nature, and actually used?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't be jelous cause i'm so Se-tiful. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Flaunts around whimsical. Dancing and eating ice cream and laughing too loud and drinking too much and soaking up the sun)

Bet you can't! :)

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
every time i look at your face and your name it makes me laugh hahaha cause you are just so cute